Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Olivier Galipeau

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013
All I can say is this guy is a born leader. He played with my hometown junior team. He’s an offensive defenseman that doesn’t mind landing big hits. Very much worth the gamble.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bruins might need to dress about 8 LH Defensemen a night down in Providence :)

So question for those who might now. If a player signs a 1 year AHL contract, what happens at the end of 1 year, is the player a UFA?

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Spurned the Scabs and joined the Bruins? Add an extra 5k to signing bonus for that alone!

Sounds like some potential as well, nice.

Reactions: Strafer

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Bruins might need to dress about 8 LH Defensemen a night down in Providence :)

So question for those who might now. If a player signs a 1 year AHL contract, what happens at the end of 1 year, is the player a UFA?

Honestly, he’s probably pretty much a NHL UFA right now. If someone offers him an NHL contract, most guys that sign AHL deals have an out clause and I’ve never heard of a minor league team stopping someone from moving up. You don’t sign your rights away to the parent club that I’ve ever heard.

That’s why I don’t think MTL could have wanted him that bad and all this gloating seems goofy. Welcome to Providence.

Reactions: Strafer

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It’s almost like their fans don’t even get angry anymore.
There's some truth in that. Seems like a portion of them are so mad at their management team they could care less about much of anything else to get angry about, and another portion have just thrown their arms up in the air and have become despondent. Honestly, I can understand the sentiments of both groups. Less than two seasons ago the team was leading its division, had a solid core, and was a tough team to beat. Then they fired their coach while leading the division, couldn't be bothered signing key players in the off season, and made some really stupid trades and signings since then. Now they are left with a couple overpaid aging vets who will be difficult to move, a mediocre at best group of prospects, and very little in the way to use as trade bait to upgrade the team since anything of value has been sent packing. My gosh its glorious!

Oh, and welcome aboard Olivier. Best of luck!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This likely doesn't amount to anything but the simple fact that he spurned the Habs to join the Bruins will drive Habs fans nuts. Love it.

Reactions: BMC

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
I will just agree to disagree on the feel of the big burn on this one. This goes on all the time.

You must be fun at parties. Lighten up dude. He's a so-so prospect with potential upside who is from Montreal, lists the Canadiens as his favourite team, was suppose to show up at their development camp, and then signs with Montreal's biggest rival. If you don't see the irony and humor in that, than I don't know what to tell you. It's the offseason. Enjoy the little things. Geez.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You must be fun at parties. Lighten up dude. He's a so-so prospect with potential upside who is from Montreal, lists the Canadiens as his favourite team, was suppose to show up at their development camp, and then signs with Montreal's biggest rival. If you don't see the irony and humor in that, than I don't know what to tell you. It's the offseason. Enjoy the little things. Geez.
Which part of agree to disagree did you not understand?

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I will just agree to disagree on the feel of the big burn on this one. This goes on all the time.

I agree with you that it’s not that big a deal, but I’m not sure this particular situation “goes on all the time” between two heated rivals.

When was the last time you recall a Hab’s player or prospect spurning MTL for the B’s, or vice versa?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I agree with you that it’s not that big a deal, but I’m not sure this particular situation “goes on all the time” between two heated rivals.

When was the last time you recall a Hab’s player or prospect spurning MTL for the B’s, or vice versa?
Goes on all the time but yes between two rivals I will agree it is rare.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
To be fair, he was never a Hab prospect or player. The only thing concrete he had, as an undrafted 21 year old overage CHL player who can't go back there, was an invite to the Habs development camp. Then another team offers you an actual contract (granted it's AHL for 1 year but is a legit chance to continue your pursuit of hockey as a career) so he left the uncertain job offer and took the concrete one.

The Bruins do love their captains so it's no surprise they had interest. The Q is the most frustrating league to project from; so many big scorers fizzle and yet guys like Bergeron and Marchand exceed their best Q years. Hopefully Galipeau has the same quality season Clifton had last year and earns himself a full NHL 2-way contract as a legit prospect.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

It would be like a Boston born player invited to the Bruins rookie camp but choosing to sign with the Habs instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad