Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Olivier Galipeau

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It would be like a Boston born player invited to the Bruins rookie camp but choosing to sign with the Habs instead.

True, but I think it was all about the AHL contract.

If MTL had offered him an AHL deal, he likely stays there. Just like if someone offered him an NHL contract, he would leave Boston for that team. It is still enjoyable any time the B's stick it to the Habs, minor move or not :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

If MTL had offered him an AHL deal, he likely stays there. Just like if someone offered him an NHL contract, he would leave Boston for that team. It is still enjoyable any time the B's stick it to the Habs, minor move or not :laugh:

Who knows...Maybe he impresses in Providence, if he gets a chance to play significantly, and signs an NHL deal, like Clifton did. Even though he was older in the "Q" it's still good production, and even when he was younger, he still was productive. Seems to be a leader. Low risk signing with upside.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Apparently Habs Bergevin wanted to see him play in their Developement Camp 1st before signing him.. Don Sweeney , unlike Bergevin showed a little faith in the kid and signed him to an AHL Contract..Guess who screws up yet again, and I love it...
He's from Montreal and there's lots of Bruin fans there. I bet he grew up a Boston fan cause apparently he didnt have any dreams of playing with the Habs!!

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
“It was a sure deal. They want to work with me and develop me. It’s a good way to start my pro career,” the 6-foot-1, 210-pound Montreal native said about joining the B’s organization.

Were the Habs angry?

“Probably. Maybe a little bit. But my agent said it’s OK. I don’t know what they said or what the conversation was like,” said Galipeau. “My friends and family were happy for me. Maybe some fans from Montreal (were upset) but I don’t really care about that.” :):):)

~ From Steve Conroy's article in today's Boston Herald

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
“It was a sure deal. They want to work with me and develop me. It’s a good way to start my pro career,” the 6-foot-1, 210-pound Montreal native said about joining the B’s organization.

Were the Habs angry?

“Probably. Maybe a little bit. But my agent said it’s OK. I don’t know what they said or what the conversation was like,” said Galipeau. “My friends and family were happy for me. Maybe some fans from Montreal (were upset) but I don’t really care about that.” :):):)

You and me are gonna get along just fine, kid! :nod: :biglaugh:

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012

LOVE IT

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
He's from Montreal and there's lots of Bruin fans there. I bet he grew up a Boston fan cause apparently he didnt have any dreams of playing with the Habs!!

Actually, he grew up a Habs fan, but he's more of a Bruins fan recently.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I thought he looked good in the scrimmage today.

Nothing eye-popping, but he’s bigger than I expected and he appears to have very good vision. Made a couple of VERY nice cross ice passes where I didn’t think he would see the guy.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Were the Habs angry?

This kid should be given an NHL contract for this interview alone.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Right now we say this is only a minor signing but truth is we dont know that. He might very well turn out to be a real gem. Not like it has never happened. He certainly seems to have some offence so if he can tighten up inside his own blueline, you just never know. Man, I really hope he blossoms into a top 4 defenseman in a couple yrs. I may be reaching but why not fantasize a little about really laying it into Hab fans, lol..

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Right now we say this is only a minor signing but truth is we dont know that. He might very well turn out to be a real gem. Not like it has never happened. He certainly seems to have some offence so if he can tighten up inside his own blueline, you just never know. Man, I really hope he blossoms into a top 4 defenseman in a couple yrs. I may be reaching but why not fantasize a little about really laying it into Hab fans, lol..

I'm all for it but if he's a bottom 4 guy , I can live with that. #stick it to the Habs.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I'm all for it but if he's a bottom 4 guy , I can live with that. #stick it to the Habs.

Oh without a doubt. Just as long as he makes the team somewhere along the way. I doubt we see him this season cause after signing Moore, Bruins have to trade a regular plus Zboril and Jeremy Lauzon could be getting close. But you can never have too many defensemen as proven past 2 postseasons as we lost defensemen just before playoffs began. But we'll see how it all pans out. Personally I think we either let Quaider go or packege him and/or Krug in a mega deal...

Reactions: JOKER 192

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad