Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Nick Foligno (2 years, $3.8M/yr)

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Backes couldn't play PK or PP....not sure what he brought to the team other than leadership. That's a difficult thing to do if you can't bring it on the ice.
He could play PP and did real well with it in St Louis, Boston just never used him there - sure seemed like there was a disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff about why he was brought in. They bounced him all over the line up from the get go.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Man, had to see the thread title to see what player everyone was talking about. Expectations are WAYYYYYY to high for Nick, sorry to say. He's going to be 34 at puck drop, and honestly if you get 60 games and 10 goals out of him I think you have to call that a win. he has 1 4th place and 5 fifth place votes in his entire career for Selke, so Bob Gainey he is not....8 pp goals the past 4 seasons...lots of you are making him something he isn't and it's not really fair to him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
In those first couple seasons? production that would have easily been worth 3.8 mill, size, toughness. He was fine on PP2. He would have brought plenty at that cost

-His first two seasons he went 17-21-38 and 14-19-33.... with 362 hits,,,, You would take that and run with Foligno....he will be lucky to duplicate half of that production.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Foligno is what a lot of guys ask for. Big strong power forward with defence first mentality. Bruins are better with this signing IMO. Improves pk and makes them a lot harder to play against.

Foligno is actually only 6'0 and around 200 lbs. The rest is true.

I continue to be concerned by lack on size on this roster but Foligno might be an upgrade on Ritchie because he will consistently bring energy.

Reactions: TCB

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
-His first two seasons he went 17-21-38 and 14-19-33.... with 362 hits,,,, You would take that and run with Foligno....he will be lucky to duplicate half of that production.

it’s a steal if he brings that. I just want him to bring energy, grit, and leadership to the bottom 6 and I’m happy.

60 games 10 goals, 10-15 assists and some physicality and I’m quite happy

The bottom 6 was rudderless the entire season and I believe he can fix that. It may not come with .5 ppg production but it will be very valuable

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He could play PP and did real well with it in St Louis, Boston just never used him there - sure seemed like there was a disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff about why he was brought in. They bounced him all over the line up from the get go.

Backes first two seasons he averaged over 2 minutes per game on the PP. he just declined so much each year they couldn’t use him there anymore after a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad