Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Mike Callahan To Two-Year Entry-Level Contract: $883,750.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I have no idea of how this kid is going to turn out but it seems like a decent prospect. One scouting profile I read is that he's a smart, two way dman with some size who can move the puck but won't dazzle you with speed or skill. Looks like in his big year, he was QB'ing the Friars PP and picked up 19 out of his 23 assists. Made team captain as a sophmore and was a semi finalist for the Walter Brown trophy that same year.

Maybe a Tommy Cross type?

Reactions: Gordoff

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Potential 3rd line defenseman. I like the price. I also like that hes a left shot too. Can never have too many!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know nothing about this kid, but its a low risk trade. Odds of a 7th rounder playing at least 100 games in the NHL is around 10% from the last time I looked. If this kid turns into even a #6 then its a good deal for the Bruins. Looks like he's got decent size at 6'2/196lb and a good shot. Not sure if he plays like a prick or not, but great if he does because this backend needs it.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I like this deal for a couple of reasons.

From the sounds of it, there's an outside chance of Callahan making the NHL. Bruins have done a really good job of scouting at the College level and there's obviously something they see in the guy.

The other thing is Sweeney making friends. I think Armstrong was with the Blues when the Schenn talks were happening (not sure if he was involved in them), but other than that and maybe Armstrong's time in Providence when Sweeney was playing in Boston, I don't know if there's an established relationship between the two. Teams often seem to deal with "familiar" partners, so I like to look at these smaller deals as gateways to future trades.

The Coyotes may not have the best roster out there, but there's still a few guys I think could fit with the Bruins. Michael Callahan is a good start.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
First off since they traded for him have to assume Boston knows he'll sign as soon as his Hockey East season is over which could be early to mid March,what stands out the most is him wearing the C as a sophomore on a Nate Leaman run team, wearing the C for 3 years certainly establishes he's got the intangibles thing down tight.
As a player he wasn't on my radar but he is now!
Providence plays Maine twice with Saturday's game on at 4pm NESN+
And... they play the NTDP March 4, I should be there for that
With all due respect Eric, NESN has a college basketball game listed for that time slot.

aguineapig

Since we share the same last name perhaps I am a distant relative of our newest Dman. And perhaps he learned to shoot the puck in one of these as I did. Pops gas station was a spitting image of this one. In the far bay we set up some boxes for a goal and would take turns shooting on each other when it was slow with our Mylec street hockey gear. Pop had put chicken wire and bars over the windows to stop from getting broken into and us breaking the windows out. Developed a wicked wrister that would have made John Peirson proud. Good luck Michael. Break a pane of glass with that shot.

upload_2022-2-23_10-1-59.jpeg

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
First off since they traded for him have to assume Boston knows he'll sign as soon as his Hockey East season is over which could be early to mid March,what stands out the most is him wearing the C as a sophomore on a Nate Leaman run team, wearing the C for 3 years certainly establishes he's got the intangibles thing down tight.
As a player he wasn't on my radar but he is now!
Providence plays Maine twice with Saturday's game on at 4pm NESN+
And... they play the NTDP March 4, I should be there for that

I’m going to the NTDP game as well with my cousin. Think Sweeney will be in attendance? :laugh:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
....except after C. Does not everyone learn these stupid rhymes to keep this shit straight anymore?! LOL
We can do 5 threads on grammar and spelling mistakes just within HFB.
Back "in the day" they would grade for such (stuff) but these days I've
been told that some of the grammar rules have "changed."
When I read things today, whether it's advertising, a post online, etc, etc I can't believe the
number of errors. I've been corrected here on mistakes that I've made in the past but luckily now we have Grammarly available to us for free!

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I know nothing about this kid, but its a low risk trade. Odds of a 7th rounder playing at least 100 games in the NHL is around 10% from the last time I looked. If this kid turns into even a #6 then its a good deal for the Bruins. Looks like he's got decent size at 6'2/196lb and a good shot. Not sure if he plays like a prick or not, but great if he does because this backend needs it.
Yes, I was looking to see if there are any videos of him clearing the crease or being a prick but couldn't find anything. Hopefully, he plays with some snarl and a burr in his saddle.

Reactions: smack66 and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad