Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Mike Callahan To Two-Year Entry-Level Contract: $883,750.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yvon Cournoyer (pronounced “Kohrn-why-Ae” for you youngins). One of the all time great names in hockey.

Along with Hakken Loob.
Hakan Loob is the correct spelling

I always liked Stefan Matteau, sounded like - 'step on my toe'. The Hawks had a guy named Harry Dick, man talk about a bad name

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Callahan: As solid and sturdy a two-way defender as you'll find with good hands, mobility and IQ for the defensive side of the game. He doesn't "wow" you with the puck on his stick, but shoot for purpose of tips and redirections from the point, usually in the way of an accurate, well-timed wrister.

He's a high-character type of guy and joke all you want, but you really can't have too many of those guys in the system. How else do you think the Bruins attract other potential UFAs and NCAA guys looking to sign somewhere? I'm not sure he's got top-four potential, but I think he could be a bottom-pair anchor that you don't worry about and need to replace for a few years should he make it.

There's a lot to like about the way he carries himself on and off the ice, and being in Providence frequently, I can see why they'd trade a low-value asset to get the inside track on getting him under a contract here.

Callahan right now is a better prospect than what your average seventh-round pick will be, so I have no issues with this move and rather I appreciate them identifying, targeting and acquiring someone they like enough to move an asset for in this fashion.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Callahan: As solid and sturdy a two-way defender as you'll find with good hands, mobility and IQ for the defensive side of the game. He doesn't "wow" you with the puck on his stick, but shoot for purpose of tips and redirections from the point, usually in the way of an accurate, well-timed wrister.

He's a high-character type of guy and joke all you want, but you really can't have too many of those guys in the system. How else do you think the Bruins attract other potential UFAs and NCAA guys looking to sign somewhere? I'm not sure he's got top-four potential, but I think he could be a bottom-pair anchor that you don't worry about and need to replace for a few years should he make it.

There's a lot to like about the way he carries himself on and off the ice, and being in Providence frequently, I can see why they'd trade a low-value asset to get the inside track on getting him under a contract here.

Callahan right now is a better prospect than what your average seventh-round pick will be, so I have no issues with this move and rather I appreciate them identifying, targeting and acquiring someone they like enough to move an asset for in this fashion.

Do you think he’s a more stable bottom pairing option than a Clifton? Too early to tell? Clifton to me is not an everyday guy; 7th.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Do you think he’s a more stable bottom pairing option than a Clifton? Too early to tell? Clifton to me is not an everyday guy; 7th.

Currently, no because he's not ready, but down the road I'd say he projects to be more stable a defender than Clifton, IMO. That's what his game is and partially why he's captain at PC. He can be thrown out there in any situation and not draw worry from his coaches.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Was at the Dunk the other night watching the game with his dad, watching his new team get shit kicked. They could use his help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad