Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Matt Irwin 1yr/$800K

trudatman*

I really doubt Krug goes. it'd be Seidenberg or Chara first, I think. if Bergeron-Cleary is the captain for the first game, this will have been the greatest offseason ever.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I have no idea why we kept Mcquaid, it seems like it was a hey we had to get rid of Dougie but at least fan favorite always injured McQuaid is back move.

I love having a guy like McQuaid on the roster. I really do. A dude who is willing to stand up for teammates and will drop them with anyone. But his contract at no point makes any sense to me. The term, the dollars, the NTC piece. It's all just too much for a guy who brings very little to the table defensively.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Is this a 1-way deal?

Sweeney could move Krug, seems to want to get rid of any contract questions immediately...and since Krug is RFA at end of season, maybe he just doesn't want to deal with this negotiation (see Hamilton, see Lucic, etc...).

What would Krug land us? 1st line sniper in a package?

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Will be slightly upset if we move Krug. I'd rather move Seids if this if they still want Franson as well.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
I love having a guy like McQuaid on the roster. I really do. A dude who is willing to stand up for teammates and will drop them with anyone. But his contract at no point makes any sense to me. The term, the dollars, the NTC piece. It's all just too much for a guy who brings very little to the table defensively.

Good post, Lone Wolf is an awesome player and true Bruin but keeping guys around who aren't part of the core is one thing that got Chia in trouble. I don't want Sweeney to make the same mistake.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Krug isn't going anywhere. I think Sweeney just saw an opportunity to pick up another asset. Irwin seems undervalued, considering be has good size, put up good points, and was a + player on a bad team.

Looks like Morrow and C. Miller to Providence this year. I'm a bit bummed about that, but defensemen can always use more time to round out their game.

I think Seids moves to the right, and Trotman is the 7th man.

Chara - Seidenberg
Krug - Miller
Irwin - McQuaid

Perhaps Krug moves to the right to play alongside Chara, who knows?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Krug isn't going anywhere. I think Sweeney just saw an opportunity to pick up another asset. Irwin seems undervalued, considering be has good size, put up good points, and was a + player on a bad team.

Looks like Morrow and C. Miller to Providence this year. I'm a bit bummed about that, but defensemen can always use more time to round out their game.

I think Seids moves to the right, and Trotman is the 7th man.

Chara - Seidenberg
Krug - Miller
Irwin - McQuaid

Perhaps Krug moves to the right to play alongside Chara, who knows?

That has 5 painfully slow skaters and 1 strong skater, it just can't happen.
if you don't put C in front of Miller. No potential, no talent easily bottom5 D group in the league. Toronto has a better group than that and they are going for 1st overall.

Last edited:

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Krug is some of the only remaining speed we have on the back end, moving him would be senseless.

I'm not so sold on moving Seidenberg just to bring in Franson too. He had an off year last year (coming back from a major knee injury) and was removed from a couple years where in many cases/playoff series he was regarded as Boston's best D Man. His contract is also reasonable as well. I say give him the shot this year, if by the deadline the teams not in it and he's having a fairly off year, or you just don't see him in the cards, some team would pay big money to add him then. Then re-tool/re-boost the D in the offseason

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Who says Krug is out?

Could be McQuaid. Could be Miller, Morrow or even Trotman.

Just have to wait and see.

Sweeney's moves have screamed expect the unexpected

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Especially with Hamilton gone we really can't afford to move Krug...

He's our only PP QB now and really the only source of offense from the blue line. If we're putting anyone in the top 4 it should be him. He's going to have a lot of responsibility next year.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Miller might be the next Krug, but trading Krug before we know if Miller ends up as Hunwick 2.0 would be terrible.

I don't understand this signing.

If he was so great one of 29 other teams would have done the same by now.

Welcome to the team but we saw last season what happens with too many bottom pairing guys. This season we have one less top 4 as well.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Chara-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
Irwin-C.Miller
K.Miller

It's not bad, I'd be on board with moving McQuaid or Krug for a definitive upgrade though.

Yeah, I'm okay with this lineup. However, I think moving Seids would be better for the future...Maybe move Seids and get Franson?

It might just be better to wait and see how Seids does first. Krug may also surprize, given that this is the year he has the opportunity to prove himself.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
A team of all 3rd line guys on offense and 3rd pairings on d! Brilliant!!! :laugh:

I know you're half-kidding but let's not perpetuate the myth that players like Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Loui and Pastrnak are third line talent in the NHL as they are most definitely not. We obviously have a bunch of guys who might be third liners and might be something more, and it's troubling we don't know for sure, but that's far from a terrible forward group. It might even be quite good.

The defense on the other hand...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Is he Bartkowski's replacement as the new #6 dman playing on the 2nd pair? Assuming Krug still gets his sheltered 3rd pair minutes with McQuaid.

At least he's better than Bartkowski.

no way is he Bart`s replacement, Irwin had 8 goals last year:D

Like others have stated, have to think this is a prelude to a move

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Krug is going no where he has speed and provides steady Offense.
Quaider just signed and he is the man that would provide big hits and is the enforcer.
Love Seids but think he might go but more near the trade deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad