Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Matt Irwin 1yr/$800K

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
ok at 800k. Not in love with the signing as I feel we already got a bunch of cusp players (Miller x2, Morrow, Trotman).....need more of a sure thing to play top 4.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How many bottom-pairing D do we need ?

You say that and it's true, but let's be serious. With what they're doing, your top 4 is Chara, Seidenberg, Krug, and McQuaid. Clearly that's their plan. So the bottom pairing guys will be taken from the group of Irwin, Morrow, Miller, or Miller. Sad, but true. :laugh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sounds like a 3rd pairing D to me?

Matt Irwin-McQ

19points for that at .800M wouldn't be bad at all, would be brilliant 3rd pairing but is Krug out or are we going to see Chara-Franson 1st pairing.

Matt Irwin is an aggressive and vigorous two-way defenseman with a versatility that is hard to come by. His set of tools includes the mobility to be able to carry the puck with confidence, as well as an elite-level release on his shot. Uses his size well, but needs to be more consistently physical overall. Makes well thought-through decisions, yet is not all too quick in making them. When he makes that mind-body connection in-game, he comes through as an impact player that is hard to play against at both ends of the ice : http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=18745#sthash.kmZ67OqT.dpuf

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
You say that and it's true, but let's be serious. With what they're doing, your top 4 is Chara, Seidenberg, Krug, and McQuaid. Clearly that's their plan. So the bottom pairing guys will be taken from the group of Irwin, Morrow, Miller, or Miller. Sad, but true. :laugh:

Might as well not have a 1st pairing if we're not gonna have a 1st line either:naughty:

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Is he Bartkowski's replacement as the new #6 dman playing on the 2nd pair? Assuming Krug still gets his sheltered 3rd pair minutes with McQuaid.

At least he's better than Bartkowski.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I don't understand the dislike for this move.

Solid, young defenceman with upside for 1yr & 800K.

115 GP over the past 2 seasons putting in 38pts (10G, 28A) over the last two season, plus he brings size and a solid level of determination.

Not even to mention he can skate! Which appears to be what Donny Boy is looking for.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We better not be getting rid of Krug.

I'm getting scared again :laugh:

SJ fan said he is slow but has helluva shot, I hope they plan to use him max on the 3rd pairing and give him pp time and limit Chara's job.

Irwin-C.Miller could be one fun PP blueline :laugh: 2 elite shooters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad