Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign John Farinacci — C / Harvard (NCAA) to a 2 year ELC

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Mark mclaughlin still can’t skate John will be in our top 5 prospects. He may even end up being the best of the bunch.

He’s got a ceiling of a 2nd line center with an excellent 200ft game. I also won’t be surprised if he gets a decent look with the Bruins. I doubt he’d be signing here if he was going straight to the AHL.
The Coyotes board said that his ceiling was 3C because of his limited offensive tools.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
The Coyotes board said that his ceiling was 3C because of his limited offensive tools.
He was ppg in the wjc and over point per game his senior year in college. They may just be sour grapes because he left them high and dry.

He’s had a couple injuries which is a concern herniated disk being the biggest one.

Last edited:

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

“I think my hockey sense, intangible-wise, is probably my biggest strength,” said Farinacci. “I’m not comparing myself at all, but a guy that I watched a ton and really tried to emulate is Patrice Bergeron. I think the way that he played the game was amazing. That’s a guy that I try to play like, as much as I can.”
Why didn't the Coyotes sign him?
He chose not to sign with them.

Woof. That's an embarrassing take my friend.
Mcglaughlin is one of if not the worst skaters I’ve watched in recent memory. I don’t think he will ever be a regular in the NHL. He’s also done very little in Providence to warrant a NHL job.

That being said he scored some goals in his short stint and probably should have gotten a longer look. I was cheering for him when he got his goals on the Bs.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
McKeen’s 2022-23 Yearbook - While John Farinacci’s development track hasn’t been the smoothest ride — just one look at his 2020-21 season confirms that — he has made steady progress since being drafted 76th overall at the 2019 draft, and he’s one of many quality Coyotes prospects currently playing college hockey. Farinacci has been a useful player at Harvard, but he hasn’t truly cemented himself as a high-end college player the way his teammates, fellow NHL prospects such as Matthew Coronato and Sean Farrell, have. There are positives and negatives to the outlook and projection of players who play specific roles in college, and Farinacci’s game is no different. On one hand, Farinacci is playing the sort of role he’s likely to occupy as a pro, getting extensive experience in the situations he’ll be asked to handle in pro hockey. He’s a leading penalty killer, and he’s a bit of a Swiss army knife, playing a versatile enough game to fill in the gaps anywhere he’s asked. The result of this is Farinacci should have a relatively easy time meeting the expectations of the professional game. But the downside associated with his college role has been that his upside as a pro player remains relatively limited. Beyond a decent shot that’s allowed him to score double-digit goals in each of his two college seasons, Farinacci lacks the offensive tools that will lead him to reliably create offense at the next level. There’s no separation gear to Farinacci’s game, and when he does go on the attack he doesn’t deceive or manipulate defenders, he doesn’t have the sort of habits that give confidence that his offense will translate to more difficult levels of hockey. The other aspects of his game will have to carry him, and to what degree his offense carries from college to pro hockey will determine his likelihood of having an NHL career.
Yikes...not the best report card.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Why didn't the Coyotes sign him?

When the Arizona Coyotes drafted John Farinacci in the 3rd round of the 2019 NHL Draft, they had high hopes for the forward. Since being selected Farinacci committed to Harvard University, gained both size and strength. Farinacci has also developed into a point per game player at the NCAA level.

In March rumors swirled that Farinacci was going to return to University for another season. However, in April he shutdown those rumors informing the Coyotes he intends to turn pro, but with another team.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

When the Arizona Coyotes drafted John Farinacci in the 3rd round of the 2019 NHL Draft, they had high hopes for the forward. Since being selected Farinacci committed to Harvard University, gained both size and strength. Farinacci has also developed into a point per game player at the NCAA level.

In March rumors swirled that Farinacci was going to return to University for another season. However, in April he shutdown those rumors informing the Coyotes he intends to turn pro, but with another team.

Thanks. There you go. Well can't blame the kid for not wanting to play for Arizona. Nice state, poor hockey franchise. Gives me some comfort that John was the one that walked away and he clearly has a strong preference for being part of the Bruins. Good luck to him.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Oh yes

“I think my hockey sense, intangible-wise, is probably my biggest strength,” said Farinacci. “I’m not comparing myself at all, but a guy that I watched a ton and really tried to emulate is Patrice Bergeron. I think the way that he played the game was amazing. That’s a guy that I try to play like, as much as I can.”

He chose not to sign with them.

Mcglaughlin is one of if not the worst skaters I’ve watched in recent memory. I don’t think he will ever be a regular in the NHL. He’s also done very little in Providence to warrant a NHL job.

That being said he scored some goals in his short stint and probably should have gotten a longer look. I was cheering for him when he got his goals on the Bs.
Fighters sure, skaters nah

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
why the hell not eh? Seems like a decent risk but maybe he'll be sleeping with the fishes in a few years ...by that I mean traded to the Sharks or Kraken ...is a Kraken considered a fish?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad