Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign John Farinacci — C / Harvard (NCAA) to a 2 year ELC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
IMG_7648.jpeg

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Would love to here from some of our resident prospect guys:

Compared to Mark Mclaughlin...who is the better player at time of signing?

Additionally where would he rank on our prospects list?

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I like the signing. He's got good stats from Harvard, he plays center, and he appears to have top 6 potential.

I count 42 contracts, assuming Harrison and Poitras are returning to their junior teams. What's negative about this signing?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lou called this a year ago - both Lou & Farinacci both Jersey guys

Lou told me Bruins should grab Geekie day before FA and was on Farinacci last year

He needs to get back here and take some bows

The Coyotes were Athletic #9 prospect organization and Farinacci was 10th in February 2023

My comp is like Detroits Andrew Copp

I don’t see him top 6 but he’s definitely skilled enough to be a third liner who can folks will like

Very nice add

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Farinacci’s best asset is his shot. He has a quick release and gets good wood on his shot, Future Considerations 2019
Farinacci possesses a smart two-way game that finds a way to impact the game even if he is left off the score sheet, Hockeyprospect.com 2019

Doesn't hurt to have more depth in the AHL for us.
I hope he turns out to be better than MM.
He scored 25 goals in 79 games at Hahhhvard

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Farinacci’s best asset is his shot. He has a quick release and gets good wood on his shot, Future Considerations 2019
Farinacci possesses a smart two-way game that finds a way to impact the game even if he is left off the score sheet, Hockeyprospect.com 2019

Doesn't hurt to have more depth in the AHL for us.
I hope he turns out to be better than MM.
He scored 25 goals in 79 games at Hahhhvard
Is he destined for the AHL or does he play immediately? If he can play on line 3 or even line 2 , I am excited, if he’s going to Providence?

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
With a name like that…..he should have been on The Soprano’s! LOL!

Good luck to him and I hope it works out for him with the Bruins!

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
all signs point to harrison in providence
Thanks. I see that he was drafted two years ago, so that would make sense. Correction from my earlier post, we have 44 contracts, 6 short of the max of 50. Only Poitras is exempt (45-1).

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Low risk, high potential. Captain at Harvard

Hockey family. Ted Donato is his uncle.
His sister recently married Barry Tkachuk.
Is Barry Tkachuk the Tkachuk brother that nobody talks about? Sort of like the oldest Sutter brother?

Looking forward to Jack referring to him as 'Hahvad Man'

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
McKeen’s 2022-23 Yearbook - While John Farinacci’s development track hasn’t been the smoothest ride — just one look at his 2020-21 season confirms that — he has made steady progress since being drafted 76th overall at the 2019 draft, and he’s one of many quality Coyotes prospects currently playing college hockey. Farinacci has been a useful player at Harvard, but he hasn’t truly cemented himself as a high-end college player the way his teammates, fellow NHL prospects such as Matthew Coronato and Sean Farrell, have. There are positives and negatives to the outlook and projection of players who play specific roles in college, and Farinacci’s game is no different. On one hand, Farinacci is playing the sort of role he’s likely to occupy as a pro, getting extensive experience in the situations he’ll be asked to handle in pro hockey. He’s a leading penalty killer, and he’s a bit of a Swiss army knife, playing a versatile enough game to fill in the gaps anywhere he’s asked. The result of this is Farinacci should have a relatively easy time meeting the expectations of the professional game. But the downside associated with his college role has been that his upside as a pro player remains relatively limited. Beyond a decent shot that’s allowed him to score double-digit goals in each of his two college seasons, Farinacci lacks the offensive tools that will lead him to reliably create offense at the next level. There’s no separation gear to Farinacci’s game, and when he does go on the attack he doesn’t deceive or manipulate defenders, he doesn’t have the sort of habits that give confidence that his offense will translate to more difficult levels of hockey. The other aspects of his game will have to carry him, and to what degree his offense carries from college to pro hockey will determine his likelihood of having an NHL career.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
McKeen’s 2022-23 Yearbook - While John Farinacci’s development track hasn’t been the smoothest ride — just one look at his 2020-21 season confirms that — he has made steady progress since being drafted 76th overall at the 2019 draft, and he’s one of many quality Coyotes prospects currently playing college hockey. Farinacci has been a useful player at Harvard, but he hasn’t truly cemented himself as a high-end college player the way his teammates, fellow NHL prospects such as Matthew Coronato and Sean Farrell, have. There are positives and negatives to the outlook and projection of players who play specific roles in college, and Farinacci’s game is no different. On one hand, Farinacci is playing the sort of role he’s likely to occupy as a pro, getting extensive experience in the situations he’ll be asked to handle in pro hockey. He’s a leading penalty killer, and he’s a bit of a Swiss army knife, playing a versatile enough game to fill in the gaps anywhere he’s asked. The result of this is Farinacci should have a relatively easy time meeting the expectations of the professional game. But the downside associated with his college role has been that his upside as a pro player remains relatively limited. Beyond a decent shot that’s allowed him to score double-digit goals in each of his two college seasons, Farinacci lacks the offensive tools that will lead him to reliably create offense at the next level. There’s no separation gear to Farinacci’s game, and when he does go on the attack he doesn’t deceive or manipulate defenders, he doesn’t have the sort of habits that give confidence that his offense will translate to more difficult levels of hockey. The other aspects of his game will have to carry him, and to what degree his offense carries from college to pro hockey will determine his likelihood of having an NHL career.

could have saved a lot of keystrokes by just going:

McKeen's 2022-23 Yearbook - JAG

Reactions: Fenian24

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lou called this a year ago - both Lou & Farinacci both Jersey guys

Lou told me Bruins should grab Geekie day before FA and was on Farinacci last year

He needs to get back here and take some bows

The Coyotes were Athletic #9 prospect organization and Farinacci was 10th in February 2023

My comp is like Detroits Andrew Copp

I don’t see him top 6 but he’s definitely skilled enough to be a third liner who can folks will like

Very nice add
Andrew Copp potential? I`ll take it, thx for the info

what elements of his game do you think he`ll need to work on the most friend?

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Would love to here from some of our resident prospect guys:

Compared to Mark Mclaughlin...who is the better player at time of signing?

Additionally where would he rank on our prospects list?
Mark mclaughlin still can’t skate John will be in our top 5 prospects. He may even end up being the best of the bunch.

He’s got a ceiling of a 2nd line center with an excellent 200ft game. I also won’t be surprised if he gets a decent look with the Bruins. I doubt he’d be signing here if he was going straight to the AHL.

Reactions: NDiesel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad