Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Jarome Iginla

Marley

Feb 10, 2011
Great signing and it appears that Iginla knows this will be a very good fit, something Pitt was not.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Pitts had Sid, Malkin, and a 16 game win streak. B's had lost 6 straight, and looked lost at the time.

Reason why I love the NHL. You don't need superstars to win. Actually it's usually quite the opposite

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Not really,most winners have one or more of the best players in the league on the team.

Yeah but they are PART of the team. and it's certainly not *needed*. Bruins didn't have any of the best players in the league when they won in 2011. With the exception of maybe Tim Thomas.

On paper the Penguins should have steam rolled their way to victory without any team giving them any trouble whatsoever. In other sports, the weaker teams will almost always drop their games to the big boys.

You put the hottest, most star laden NHL team on a 20 game win streak against the worst, inconsistent NHL team on a 20 game loss streak, I wouldn't be surprised if the worse team wins. Whereas in the NFL or NBA that would probably be a leading headline.

But alas, going off topic

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Yeah but they are PART of the team. and it's certainly not *needed*. Bruins didn't have any of the best players in the league when they won in 2011. With the exception of maybe Tim Thomas.

On paper the Penguins should have steam rolled their way to victory without any team giving them any trouble whatsoever. In other sports, the weaker teams will almost always drop their games to the big boys.

You put the hottest, most star laden NHL team on a 20 game win streak against the worst, inconsistent NHL team on a 20 game loss streak, I wouldn't be surprised if the worse team wins. Whereas in the NFL or NBA that would probably be a leading headline.

Paper and ice tells the same story Defence for the Pens is a :laugh: and yet Shero gets GM of the year:laugh:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't think anyone on this board faulted him for choosing Pittsburgh over Boston.

But a lot of us faulted him for the way he went about it. It was classless, it was ******.

I am not excited to root for this guy. I think he was scummy, and I am very worried about his production this next year. I think his legs are going. I also think he panicked yesterday and was afraid he wasn't going to have a date for prom.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
I don't think anyone on this board faulted him for choosing Pittsburgh over Boston.

But a lot of us faulted him for the way he went about it. It was classless, it was ******.

I am not excited to root for this guy. I think he was scummy, and I am very worried about his production this next year. I think his legs are going. I also think he panicked yesterday and was afraid he wasn't going to have a date for prom.

Obviously the B's brass don't agree with you and neither do I. He said he will come in here in good shape ready to help the B's win another Cup. He will play on his natural rw position not at LW where the Pens played him. He didn't handle the trade deal decision in the best way but he is not scummy. Once he starts scoring goals with DK and Looch most fans will warm up to him if not that's on them.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Obviously the B's brass don't agree with you and neither do I. He said he will come in here in good shape ready to help the B's win another Cup. He will play on his natural rw position not at LW where the Pens played him. He didn't handle the trade deal decision in the best way but he is not scummy. Once he starts scoring goals with DK and Looch most fans will warm up to him if not that's on them.

Okay.....cool beans.

(Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bs brass agreed with me, that he was scummy in how he handled it, but didn't care since they had holes to fix and he might fix one of them.)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I'll tell you if he is on right (where I believe he should be) and Looch is on left......a lot of opposing D will be staining their undies retrieving pucks in the corner.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

He and the Bruins both.....good point...not like Iggy is living out his dream and suiting up in black and gold..

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
He wants a Cup; we want a Cup.
He thinks he has a good shot to win one with us; we think we have a good shot to win one with him aboard.

Simple as that, really.
Stuff like this goes on all the time in the business world; really not an issue to me.

Matt Cooke would've been a different case because his dbaggery causes physical injury and literally ruins lives. Much different with Iggy.

All IGGY has to do is POP in goals and all will be well.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
He and the Bruins both.....good point...not like Iggy is living out his dream and suiting up in black and gold..
It's actually a bad point considering Iginla's agent called the Bruins at the request of Iginla to see if they were interested upon hearing of their interest in Alfredsson on Thursday.

Not sure where you guys are getting the vibe he didn't want to be a Bruin, they were 1 of the 4 teams he viewed most highly in NHL last year (even if he did prefer Pittsburgh) and he asked his agent to call the Bruins after a pretty embarrassing situation; a move I'm not sure a whole lot of players would make. He put his ego aside because he wanted to be a Bruin.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

They had the best goalie in the world,the best defenseman on the planet and the best playoff player in Krejci. Remove 1.

Kaoz*

They will be a lot more afraid of Iginla than Horton.

Horton was easily one of the Bruins best forwards in the playoffs, in all the playoffs he ever played in matter of fact, while Iginla was largely invisible in our series against the Pens. We can't rewrite that part of history.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011

Everett you are one of my favorite posters on here as you do have a knack for bringing a logical side to emotional situations, this is a good post and as emotions and things settle down I think it describes the situation very well :handclap:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's actually a bad point considering Iginla's agent called the Bruins at the request of Iginla to see if they were interested upon hearing of their interest in Alfredsson on Thursday.

Not sure where you guys are getting the vibe he didn't want to be a Bruin, they were 1 of the 4 teams he viewed most highly in NHL last year (even if he did prefer Pittsburgh) and he asked his agent to call the Bruins after a pretty embarrassing situation; a move I'm not sure a whole lot of players would make. He put his ego aside because he wanted to be a Bruin.

Actually I just read all the comments on bruins.com and I'm 100% wrong (shockah!) ...

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

Don't look now but there's an angry 6'9" Slovak standing behind you. With his reach, he's everywhere. Chara was, and still is, one of the best in the league. The man directly impacts everything the opposition does. That, to me, makes him one of the best. I understand what you're saying about the team concept though. It's about players who buy into a system as opposed to creating a system to suit a couple of players.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Honest question, what do people think the gap between Alfie and Iggy is skill wise. Because the real answer is probably that Iggy still has more left in the tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad