Player Discussion Bruins sign Jack Ahcan

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This great story and scouting report from Eliteprospects today on newest Bruin Jack Ahcan. I hope it work

Undrafted Free Agent Profile: Rich get Richer as Jack Ahcan Joins...

Thanks for the vids. Very interesting. Small sample size but it looks like Jack reads the play well - good positioning and coverage on D. He's a nifty skater too, good mobility in tight as you'd expect for a smaller guy, and he seems to have a pretty quick release on his shot. Even at college level he looks small out on the ice though, so rather like Krug he's going to need to prove he can hang with the big bodies in the NHL or indeed down in Providence. Really feels like a solid acquisition.

Reactions: PepeBostones

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
granted he had 7 ozone faceoffs and zero d-zone faceoffs, but Ahcan led the team with a whopping 89% expected goals for % last night. He was on the ice for 16 scoring chances for and only 2 against. He won't be that good every game but damn what a look that was. If nothing else his trade value probably just skyrocketed.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
granted he had 7 ozone faceoffs and zero d-zone faceoffs, but Ahcan led the team with a whopping 89% expected goals for % last night. He was on the ice for 16 scoring chances for and only 2 against. He won't be that good every game but damn what a look that was. If nothing else his trade value probably just skyrocketed.
Has anyone done an analysis of the effect zone starts has on the other advanced stats?

Achan looked great - got to think teams were watching and that Sweeney's ready to deal.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Has anyone done an analysis of the effect zone starts has on the other advanced stats?

Achan looked great - got to think teams were watching and that Sweeney's ready to deal.
there are definitely models that try to adjust for zone starts, but I don't know the details.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I liked his game last night and I like him vs. Washington too (last year).

I have no issues carrying ONE undersized Dman (loved Krug).

Summary: trade Grizz, replace him at 1/3 the money with Ahcan. Sign Rask with $ difference.

kid is a player. loved the signing from day 1.

as for gryz, i'd be shocked if they moved him. sweeney way too attached to these guys they draft
and develop, especially a kid that grew up in the building.

Reactions: The National

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

angry-pakistan-fan.png

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I liked his game last night and I like him vs. Washington too (last year).

I have no issues carrying ONE undersized Dman (loved Krug).

Summary: trade Grizz, replace him at 1/3 the money with Ahcan. Sign Rask with $ difference.
Agree with impossible to have two undersized D on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad