Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign F Martin Bakos

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Never heard of him, but that goal is nasty. Competition for the 4th line and/or AHL depth? Not sure how this affects his SHL deal? Seems like he's under contract next season with Mora IK?

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Never heard of him, but that goal is nasty. Competition for the 4th line and/or AHL depth? Not sure how this affects his SHL deal? Seems like he's under contract next season with Mora IK?
I think AHL most likely.

This is a translated article from a Swedish site. Doesn't sound like someone who is a great fit for the team right now, but hard to say based off this.
Mora has captured the Slovaks Martin Bakos. Forwarden liraed the World Cup last and Mora again looks to live a lot on strong imports to first and foremost avoid the qualifications.
"I've followed Martin Bakos since he joined the senior hockey team," said an NHL scout to the blog.
- Strong player, protects the puck well and strong on the skates, but not excessive fast foot but ok speed.
- Sniper, very effective in PP. Goes for direct shot from left side. More shooter than fighter. Typical PP player, not necessarily a player for box play. Must be among the top 6 forwards and play PP to be effective.
"Bakos can also float if he relies too much on his offensive sides and stops skating and back checking, but overall a good player.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
a 6'2 right shot winger with a half dozen years of pro experience some of it in the khl… signed for cheap... still in his prime years shy of 30...

I have never heard of this guy before but I think its within the realm of possibilities we will see him play a bit

I never heard of mikko eloranta before he joined us as a 27 year old out of the finnish league in 1999 and he ended up playing 118 games for us before moving on.

maybe a guy like krecji saw this guy playing and put in a good word and maybe we do have our second line right wing next season here?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
a 6'2 right shot winger with a half dozen years of pro experience some of it in the khl… signed for cheap... still in his prime years shy of 30...

I have never heard of this guy before but I think its within the realm of possibilities we will see him play a bit

I never heard of mikko eloranta before he joined us as a 27 year old out of the finnish league in 1999 and he ended up playing 118 games for us before moving on.

maybe a guy like krecji saw this guy playing and put in a good word and maybe we do have our second line right wing next season here?

I doubt he's our 2nd line RW next season...Unless we're going for a lottery pick. Bruins have much better young, and more proven NHL wingers to go with on the 2nd line.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Zero risk signing. If he is good enough for the NHL, great. If not he's in Providence and gone in 1 year.

Now if only they could get Gregory Hoffman (think Debrusk, but less physical, but better shot) from team Switzerland (Canes property though...) with a similar contract, would be great.

Reactions: Thrive

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Saw these notes on Bakos. It will be interesting to see how he fares in training camp.

After a season that included trips to the IIHF World Championship and Olympic Games, Martin Bakos has now signed his first NHL contract. The Boston Bruins announced today that they’d signed the Slovakian forward to a one-year, two-way deal that carries a $700K cap hit.

Bakos, 28, is an extremely skilled forward who has been playing in the Slovak, Czech and Russian professional leagues for almost a decade. This season he recorded 40 points in 52 games, while scoring another 10 goals in Champions League matches. He wowed hockey audiences all over the world this spring with an incredible shootout move against France, and could inject some more skill into the Bruins organization.

It’s interesting to see where he is positioned for the Bruins, as 28-year old forwards with a long career in the European professional leagues rarely come to North America looking for a spot in the minor leagues. Whether Bakos can make an impact at the NHL level though is still to be determined, especially with a group as deep as Boston’s forward unit. With more young players ready to make their mark this season, Bakos would need to have an incredible camp to step into a full-time role with the Bruins in 2018-19.

Martin Bakos Signs One-Year Deal With Boston Bruins

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not one clue who this guy is, highlights are fun to watch but certainly not the barometer to measure potential in the NHL. No risk signing, ya never know

Wondering if DS contacted Z to get a bit of inside info on the guy? I`ll assume they have played with one another

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

This reminds me of when we drafted Zach Hamill back in '08 and the one big highlight you saw of him was that crazy between the legs shootout goal.

Hope Bakos has better luck at cracking the NHL then Hamill did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad