Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Erik Haula (2 years, $2.37M/yr)

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not even close to being a 4th liner.

I’ll lose my mind of Cassidy wastes Haula on the fourth line, but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s why I’ve been so confused as to why we signed all three of haula, foligno and nosek yet we didn’t sign a 2nd line center or a 3rd line RW. Such an insane log jam of bottom 6 LW and centers

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I’ll lose my mind of Cassidy wastes Haula on the fourth line, but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s why I’ve been so confused as to why we signed all three of haula, foligno and nosek yet we didn’t sign a 2nd line center or a 3rd line RW. Such an insane log jam of bottom 6 LW and centers

I wouldn't be too mad about 4th line role, as long he gets some 2nd PP minutes to showcase his shot!

+ Wrister is crystal sharp, even in big games
+ Can really play any role (S.Stevens played him as D in Wild practice and though his qualities would fit the D role)
+ Still has the wheels, just doesn't use them
- Stamina is and has always been BAD (likes to play with high tempo, but likes to keep shifts ultra short)
- Will get into arguments with coach

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Haula would succeed in Providence. He was an all star in preseason. Isnt it time to cement Studnicka as the Bruins third line center?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t really have a problem with Haula, I feel like he’ll start scoring a little soon. Great face off guy. Useful to have on the 4th line.

The problem is they have like 5 4th liners

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Reading this thread from the beginning to end sucks but I still have faith. Look at his stats though this guy hasn't done squat for like 5 years no wonder Sweeney got him.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Seems like a very vanilla player in what I've seen so far. Like nothing remarkable about him other than being decent at faceoffs.

He had one great year in Vegas and has been cashing in off that ever since.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thinking they try him at wing and place Nosek Lazar or Foligno centering 3rd line. I do like that he plays with pace / hard on the puck. Bruins have too many of the same style. Need some more skill inserted.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Thinking they try him at wing and place Nosek Lazar or Foligno centering 3rd line. I do like that he plays with pace / hard on the puck. Bruins have too many of the same style. Need some more skill inserted.

How has he been hard on the puck?

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
He's been almost 0.5 ppg since his big season in Vegas.

0.3 would be huge at this point. Nothing so far.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I was a fan of the Haula signing. Still am. Things aren't going his way right now, but he's a pretty good bottom 6 player. He has had a double digit shooting pct most years, 7.6 being his worst. The goals should come at some point. He's playing hard. His hits per game so far this season are way above any previous year. Hopefully he can find some chemistry with a couple linemates and start popping the goals and getting assists. I guess it's hard to do that in the bottom 6 with a coach that takes a musical chairs approach.

Reactions: inactive user

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad