Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Erik Haula (2 years, $2.37M/yr)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Haula should be 4C.

Was a fan of him in Minny/Vegas but run through in problems in Carolina

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Haula Haula Haula

teddylong1005.png

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Where is the bruins fan that posted a yearly bruins-minny proposal thread asking for haula.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
feels like a Peverley type add. He's the "swiss army knife guy who had 50+ points that one time a few years ago". That's a good type of player to have on your 3rd line.

Feels like Debrusk is 100% redundant at this point, gotta imagine they're working on moving him as we speak.

If we don't move DeBrusk at least we'll see him in a totally new role with 2 linemates that were signed today.

Reactions: inactive user

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Intrigued by Haula. Just looking at his numbers, he's been a pretty consistent third liner offensively, league average or slightly above, after his big career year in 2018 but his defensive numbers have been wildly inconsistent throughout his career relative to his teammates, with last year being far below average. Hopefully in a more structured system we can tighten that up. He's definitely got the ability.

Also love that he seems to be a pain in the ass. Between him, Marchand, Frederic and now Foligno our annoying asshole quota is through the roof. Should be entertaining lol.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haula used to be really fast, but is now only about average, or maybe a bit above. Smart. Has some offensive skills, but can also play as a defensive guy. Not strong, or tough, but is always good for a slash across the ankles of an opponent after the whistle. Decent C.
I used to love him in MN when he was young, and always thought he was underused by them.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think haula is going to be the sneaky best signing. Idk if he will get the same opportunities as the rest, but he’s going to do really well in whatever role he’s asked to play

Reactions: Aurinko and NDiesel

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think haula is going to be the sneaky best signing. Idk if he will get the same opportunities as the rest, but he’s going to do really well in whatever role he’s asked to play

I'll preface by saying that there is a 5% chance of it happening. He did it once. 29G/26A/55P in 76 GP; 0.70 PPG pace. Like I said, 5% chance of happening, and that may be high..... He was 26 as opposed to 30 and I don't believe he had the injury issues that he's had recently. But nonetheless, there is this sliver of hope and tiny intrigue of him coming in and being a #2 center like he was that random season in Vegas.

That year, he played with David Perron and James Neal. Haula took 968 faceoffs; 50.5 FOW%. That's roughly 12 faceoffs/game. So I assume he was primarily the center. They were a solid line all year at 5v5/ES.

Haula @ 5v5: 76 Games Played --

14G/16A/30P
10.77 Sh%
31 Giveaways / 42 Takeaways
51 FOW%

Perron @ 5v5 = 35P / 70 GP
Neal @ 5v5 = 29P / 71 GP

Not trying to make this about them, so just showing their 5v5 production. Yes I understand they didn't always score points with eachother. They played together a lot so I figured it would be interesting to see how Haula did with good linemates. Which is what he will be playing with here in Hall and Smith.

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Above should be the With/Without lines for Vegas this year. It's fun to play around with.

So to my actual point: While I don't actually think it happens, I think there's a small possibility we could see 2nd line center type production from him. He will be with good linemates, hopefully healthy to start, and his skill fits with both Smith and Hall, in my opinion. He's a fast creative forward who is good at both ends of the ice and steady at the dot.

And if that were to happen, he'd easily be their best signing. I do agree with you he ends up being their best signing, even if he doesn't fill a 2L role.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think he gets roughly 40 points here on the third line and some spots on the 2nd PP unit when there's an injury or he is on a hot streak. I think he'll also help to get DeBrusk's game moving in the right direction again. Very good signing and overlooked.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'll preface by saying that there is a 5% chance of it happening. He did it once. 29G/26A/55P in 76 GP; 0.70 PPG pace. Like I said, 5% chance of happening, and that may be high..... He was 26 as opposed to 30 and I don't believe he had the injury issues that he's had recently. But nonetheless, there is this sliver of hope and tiny intrigue of him coming in and being a #2 center like he was that random season in Vegas.

That year, he played with David Perron and James Neal. Haula took 968 faceoffs; 50.5 FOW%. That's roughly 12 faceoffs/game. So I assume he was primarily the center. They were a solid line all year at 5v5/ES.

Haula @ 5v5: 76 Games Played --

14G/16A/30P
10.77 Sh%
31 Giveaways / 42 Takeaways
51 FOW%

Perron @ 5v5 = 35P / 70 GP
Neal @ 5v5 = 29P / 71 GP

Not trying to make this about them, so just showing their 5v5 production. Yes I understand they didn't always score points with eachother. They played together a lot so I figured it would be interesting to see how Haula did with good linemates. Which is what he will be playing with here in Hall and Smith.

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Above should be the With/Without lines for Vegas this year. It's fun to play around with.

So to my actual point: While I don't actually think it happens, I think there's a small possibility we could see 2nd line center type production from him. He will be with good linemates, hopefully healthy to start, and his skill fits with both Smith and Hall, in my opinion. He's a fast creative forward who is good at both ends of the ice and steady at the dot.

And if that were to happen, he'd easily be their best signing. I do agree with you he ends up being their best signing, even if he doesn't fill a 2L role.

Hes not going to get the same opportunity here that he did when he scored 29 goals. However I do think he’s going to be our best pure value signing and play a very solid 3rd line role on this team. Kind of be one of those guys where if injuries happen you can move him around and it won’t hurt you.

I just don’t think he will get the power play time to get the high point totals. I really hope the bruins go out and sign a 2nd line center so haula can play with Coyle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad