Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins sign Dominic Moore,Chris Casto,Brian Ferlin and Alex Grant to 1-year contracts

SML

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
Dom Moore will make a fantastic coach if he ever wants to do it.
Smart guy.
Great leadership skills.
Pays attention to detail on defensive side.
Overachiever on the offensive side.
Has played for more coaches than I can count, and has always been able to grasp the systems.
Probably has made more contacts in his journey around the league than anyone.
Has a story where you want to see good things happen for the guy.
He's got coach written all over him. Unless he can make more money doing something else, which may be a possibility.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He was a very likable Leaf.

How long ago was that? I hadn't realized he is still playing. Is there anything left in the tank?

Damn. It's been 8 seasons since Moore was a Leaf. How time flies!

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Did you not see what Backes and Sweeney said about where Backes would play? He is going to be a winger/fill in center. Is Krejci even going to be ready to start the season on time? I thought he was going to miss a month. That and the PK is why I see them signing Moore. Moore looks like a depth guy, nothing more, nothing less. I see him filling the spot that Gregory Campbell had for a few years.

As CEO Jacobs has said that Backes will center the third line this year I'm interested in using Spooner as trade chip for a defenseman.

Just makes sense to have Bergeron-Krejci-Backes-Moore down the middle.

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Replacing Chris Kelly with Moore at a cheaper price. Good move. I am happy that the Sens signed Kelly back for veteran depth, but I think Moore is better then Kelly now. Too bad the Sens didn't sign Moore instead.

I do think it is possible he was only looking at NYC or Boston area though, so maybe no one else had a shot to sign him.

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
Yep, they are trying to hide their defense failure by getting responsible forwards. :laugh: This is why I can't see them making the playoff.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
I love Dom Moore. I'll always root for Dom Moore. But the truth is he was a shell of himself last season.

Quoted for truth. The guy was everything you could ask from a role player and moore. As other fans already expressed, he was really liked during his short stay in Montreal. He's still serviceable, but he's not the same player he was a few years ago.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Gonna miss Don Moore. Have always had a soft spot for him. He's the kind of guy you love to have on your team and you root even harder for him because of his story. He may not be the same player he once was, but he's still one of the better 4th liners in the league. Just don't ask him to be the offensive focal point of the line. Have someone who can drive the play offensively who is strong enough on the other side of the puck and Moore is an excellent defensive and PK presence that will help stabilize and complete a good 4th line.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Either all the Backes at C talk is BS and he will play a powerforward RW just like Bruins did with Horton/Iginla during their most successful seasons, or Spooner will be traded, because he is **** on the wing and everyone knows it.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Either all the Backes at C talk is BS and he will play a powerforward RW just like Bruins did with Horton/Iginla during their most successful seasons, or Spooner will be traded, because he is **** on the wing and everyone knows it.

He actually played very well the few times he played wing last season IMO. Even looked good playing the off-wing with Bergeron and Marchand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad