Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins sign Dominic Moore,Chris Casto,Brian Ferlin and Alex Grant to 1-year contracts

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
I feel sick just for saying this, but Moore is a great signing for the Bruins. He's going to be one of their best depth players.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I can only imagine that this means the end of Ryan Spooner at center.... or maybe a trade for one of Krejci/Spooner out of Boston. Too many centers...

Bergeron, Krejci, Backes, Spooner, Acciari, Moore.....

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Moore was great as a Ranger and I'll miss him dearly. Not as good as when he started here but he can still play. Great defensive player.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I can only imagine that this means the end of Ryan Spooner at center.... or maybe a trade for one of Krejci/Spooner out of Boston. Too many centers...

Bergeron, Krejci, Backes, Spooner, Acciari, Moore.....

I would imagine that Moore would be on the 4th line, I don't think this means much to Spooner. A 15 point 4th liner doesn't really mean the end of a 49 point 3rd liner at center.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Spooner is easily unseated by Backes.

Did you not see what Backes and Sweeney said about where Backes would play? He is going to be a winger/fill in center. Is Krejci even going to be ready to start the season on time? I thought he was going to miss a month. That and the PK is why I see them signing Moore. Moore looks like a depth guy, nothing more, nothing less. I see him filling the spot that Gregory Campbell had for a few years.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Did you not see what Backes and Sweeney said about where Backes would play? He is going to be a winger/fill in center. Is Krejci even going to be ready to start the season on time? I thought he was going to miss a month. That and the PK is why I see them signing Moore. Moore looks like a depth guy, nothing more, nothing less. I see him filling the spot that Gregory Campbell had for a few years.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

On Tuesday, the CEO may have spilled the beans. Participating in the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund radio telethon, Charlie Jacobs used the Bruins’ depth at center — naming Backes and not incumbent third-line pivot Ryan Spooner — as a primary reason as to why he feels the Bruins will be improved this season.

“We’ve got Bergeron, [David] Krejci and Backes as our first three centers. Think about that,†Jacobs said. “I don’t know if there’s a team in the Eastern Conference that is [as] three-deep at center.â€
A source told WEEI.com Tuesday that the Bruins have not told Spooner that he’ll be playing wing in the coming season. Spooner is entering the final season of a two-year deal with a $950,000 cap hit and will be a restricted free agent after the season.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/b...ays-david-backes-is-bruins-third-line-center/

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Always liked Moore. I could never cheer for Boston, but this is a good signing. Boston will fall in love with Moores' tenacity.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site

So that would mean Backes and not Moore would be the reason why he wouldn't play center. Moore wouldn't really have anything to do with it. Julien is the one who will make that decision so I could easily see Backes playing center over Spooner. Backes and Sweeney also said that Backes is also going to be playing wing. We will see but I don't believe that Dominic Moore will be the reason Spooner isn't playing center if that does indeed happen.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Moore was the best 4th liner in the league his first two seasons back in NY. Took a bit of a step back offensively last year, but he's still godly defensively.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Moore is definitely a nice depth pickup on the cheap for a year.

Pretty funny having a release like that with so many 1-year fringe player deals all at once. Dollar store spending spree!!! I had a chuckle at least.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Always liked Moore back when he was a Leaf and was sorry to hear what he's gone through of late. Best of luck in Beantown.

He was a very likable Leaf.

How long ago was that? I hadn't realized he is still playing. Is there anything left in the tank?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad