Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign C Trent Frederic to ELC

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I would actually be really happy if T-Fed ended up as a middle 6 center. I'm not saying I'm down on him as a player at all ( quite the opposite ); I just think that's great value for where he was picked.

To clarify, I won’t have an issue if he ends up being a third line scoring center either.

The issue I had at the time of the pick was when the guys that get paid to scout and evaluate amateurs likened Frederic to Chris Kelly. My personal draft ideology is that I would rather go high ceiling low floor with a 1st round pick - for example I really wanted Kyrou with that pick - and that is where the rub was for me at the time.

That being said I am incredibly excited with Frederic’s progression and am amped to have him on board. I’m really pulling for the kid!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I found it interesting that you thought it interesting anyone would dare correct you. (While giving you exactly what you said you couldn't find)

Well.. i said hes like the forgotten prospect... someone could take this how i intended it... or tell me im out of touch

The op choose the later. So i decided to take it serious and point out in federics thread theres no activity for the past month at which point the op called me bizzare

Sorry if i like using facts to base my opinions

But my origional opinion... i clarified it... i just meant there wasnt a ton of discusion asking when hed sign.. or mentioning much about him at all.

So my op was... a throwaway comment... i stand by it, but it certainly wasnt worth correcting me... specially when the facts back me up

You all need to stop taking this so serious and have more fun here

This whole im right thing... is crazy

And its ironic youd accuse me of the very thing i preach against. I dont expect you to know what i stand for. But ive preached tolerance and humility here for the past 15 years

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I found it interesting that you thought it interesting anyone would dare correct you. (While giving you exactly what you said you couldn't find)

I used player discusion tab to look... i guess whoever started the federic tab used prospect info

But im glad the thread was found so we could see the last post was a month ago.

It sort of makes my point for me right? You do see how that works?

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I used player discusion tab to look... i guess whoever started the federic tab used prospect info

Why do you try to turn it around where on something you were wrong about, you make it so you were right? It's OK to admit you were wrong once in awhile.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
This is great news! Honestly, I thought he might be better served by dominating his junior year like Donato has done. I said the same thing about JFK last year, and I don't know if he'd have been better off doing that or having the season he's had. It's certainly safer for the Bruins to get these guys locked up sooner than later...

At any rate, happy he's locked up and I may be in the minority but I think he's a legit top6 talent. Size, strong skating, good hands, a great shot, a strong two-way game, leadership qualities... I know he patterns himself after Backes. I always thought he looked a little more like Kesler, he carries the puck more, like Kesler, but anything approaching the career of those two would be amazing.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
not going to lie, with all the Donato chatter this guy completely dropped off my radar. I know absolutely nothing about him other than what I read from those here who`ve had the chance to see him play.
I`m guessing he`s Providence bound correct?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

You do realize prospects are discussed in the prospect thread as well, right? Fans were talking about Frederic just a couple of days ago. Again, he was not a forgotten prospect and your bizarre attempt to justify what you consider to be a throwaway comment is even more bizarre. Sheesh.

Reactions: ballofhate13

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You do realize prospects are discussed in the prospect thread as well, right? Fans were talking about Frederic just a couple of days ago. Again, he was not a forgotten prospect and your bizarre attempt to justify what you consider to be a throwaway comment is even more bizarre. Sheesh.

Consider me scolded... i slink to the corners my head hung in shame. Bested in this all important debate.

Still... happy... federic signs and bruins win a great comeback. Gives me far more interesting topics for discusion

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Consider me scolded... i slink to the corners my head hung in shame. Bested in this all important debate.

Still... happy... federic signs and bruins win a great comeback. Gives me far more interesting topics for discusion

I want to see Cehlarik -- Frederic -- Senyshyn together in Providence eventually. I think their games could accent one another's.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I want to see Cehlarik -- Frederic -- Senyshyn together in Providence eventually. I think their games could accent one another's.

I can get on board with that. I am trying to guess what timeline we might expect federic in boston

I see bergeron here... forever

I see kuraly as a cost effective 4th line stud for the foreseeable future

Krejci? Obviously unlikely to move as long as his nmc is in effect... if we do resign nash, i think that would mean krejcis staying

So theres just 1 spot open

I see riley getting a payday with another team

Then i see jfk... if jfk wins this spot, does federic become a winger?

Or... does kuraly?

I have very strong feelings federics game will look better at nhl level then it does providence. But i think he starts his career plugging on a 4th line with kuraly... couple big body guys...

Could we see it in 2019-2020?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I can get on board with that. I am trying to guess what timeline we might expect federic in boston

I see bergeron here... forever

I see kuraly as a cost effective 4th line stud for the foreseeable future

Krejci? Obviously unlikely to move as long as his nmc is in effect... if we do resign nash, i think that would mean krejcis staying

So theres just 1 spot open

I see riley getting a payday with another team

Then i see jfk... if jfk wins this spot, does federic become a winger?

Or... does kuraly?

I have very strong feelings federics game will look better at nhl level then it does providence. But i think he starts his career plugging on a 4th line with kuraly... couple big body guys...

Could we see it in 2019-2020?

My shot at the pro lineup next year ( or the year after )

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Nash

Heinen -- JFK -- Backes

Frederic -- Kuraly -- Schaller

kids that will push hard for a spot: Bjork, Donato, Cehlarik, Fitzgerald, Senyshyn

There's so many ways for the Bruins to go about this. We could bring back both Nash's, we could go with Phase Three in the retooling the lineup with young ELC talent, we could let Acciari and Schaller go to make room, etc etc etc.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts

Not trying to pile on here Alberta, I think the intention of everyone that has responded to you has been to point out another great location for you to check-in or follow Bruins prospects (the Bruins Prospects Thread), as that is more active and less cumbersome than having to follow / read threads for each individual prospect (which I believe I remember was the reasoning for creating that all inclusive thread), rather than coming down on you.

There has been a lot of Frederic chatter in there this year.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not trying to pile on here Alberta, I think the intention of everyone that has responded to you has been to point out another great location for you to check-in or follow Bruins prospects (the Bruins Prospects Thread), as that is more active and less cumbersome than having to follow / read threads for each individual prospect (which I believe I remember was the reasoning for creating that all inclusive thread), rather than coming down on you.

There has been a lot of Frederic chatter in there this year.

Sure i check it everyday as i do most threads that interest me...

I am sure there was a few of the diehards in there posting about federic and some other prospects too. Thats what that thread is for. Thats what we do there

The people in that thread... can probably all tell you their top 25 bruin prospects. Im sure there isnt a single unknown prospect for anyone that posts is that thread

My comment was... feels a bit like the forgotten prospect

I didn't say... look everyone, this guy came out of nowhere

What i meant was... no one was clamouring for his signing today. No one said, is federic going to sign this year?

Just the other day...i personally wondered about him but since no one was talking about it, i thought to myself... guess hes going back to university

So i made a very glib comment to say... look everyone... heres all this talk about donato but federic gets signed without any talk at all

Sort of my way of telling people calm down... dont worry if you arent hearing news... the insiders often have very little info for us, but things get done anyhow

No need to lose sleep just because sweeney doesnt leak his buisness to us in advance

My motto... enjoy the good things when they happen... have fun with this...

But thanks... i do know about the prospect board... and i do realize federic made our top 25 list and when he scores, people talk about him

Ive even talked about him myself. Hes a good looking prospect. I believe he has a future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad