Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign C Trent Frederic to ELC

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
feels a bit like the forgotten prospect... not sure i will ever expect a ryan getzlef type player here. but even a paul gausted type wouldnt be that horrible

hope he gets at least a full season in ahl to work out his adjustment to the pro game

its fun seeing these kids get closer and closer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Nobody forgot about him.

just did a search for a federic thread... didnt find one. meanwhile donato has around 300 posts asking when hes signing

im glad you had him on your radar... i also was interested when he might sign... but by no means was he the hotly debated next big thing

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
just did a search for a federic thread... didnt find one. meanwhile donato has around 300 posts asking when hes signing

im glad you had him on your radar... i also was interested when he might sign... but by no means was he the hotly debated next big thing

Do you not read the prospects thread? We've had updates on him since he was drafted.

And now you're holding up one extreme thought process to another...from a forgotten prospect to hotly debated next thing. Just because you don't think of him or talk about his progression doesn't mean the rest of the fanbase wasn't watching.

And since you couldn't find it, here's 41 pages worth of Frederic for you to catch up on.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/29-overall-trent-frederic.2095657/page-41

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Do you not read the prospects thread? We've had updates on him since he was drafted.

And now you're holding up one extreme thought process to another...from a forgotten prospect to hotly debated next thing. Just because you don't think of him or talk about his progression doesn't mean the rest of the fanbase wasn't watching.

And since you couldn't find it, here's 41 pages worth of Frederic for you to catch up on.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/29-overall-trent-frederic.2095657/page-41

thanks my point made... over a month since the last post in his thread.

seems strange you wanted to argue with me when you had access to the proof all along

but anyhow... i wanted federic here. welcome to the team trent

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This is such good news. Prior to the TD I was afraid that he'd end up being looked at as a "throw in" to a deal for a McDonaugh or even Rick Nash. Glad that Donny uses so much stubborness in protecting the players that he liked from day one (draft day) and before. My gut says that he's gonna be a playah!:thumbu:

Reactions: bbfan419 and Thrive

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Sorry Albert have to agree with PB37...Fred was never close to being a forgotten prospect. He's been top of mind for many fans here.

Can't wait to see how he translates to the pros. :) . Sweeney is killing it! Too bad Zach will be his only real prospect blemish. Bet you he wishes a redo on that pick. :facepalm:

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Been hoping they'd sign him sooner rather than later!

Can't wait to see how he does

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Intriguing prospect - excited to add him to a deep underrated group of prospects

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Sorry Albert have to agree with PB37...Fred was never close to being a forgotten prospect. He's been top of mind for many fans here.

Can't wait to see how he translates to the pros. :) . Sweeney is killing it! Too bad Zach will be his only real prospect blemish. Bet you he wishes a redo on that pick. :facepalm:

I'll take that bet

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Well... i found it interesting someone would correct me in the first place so i had a bit of fun responding

I follow every single draft pick... often even after they leave organization. I spend alot of time at hockeydb going over old draft classes

But if this is going to be a federal case that i said he feels a bit like the forgotten guy... let me clarify

I meant in comparison to donato. Apples and oranges. Donato had fan boys here drooling 10 posts per day when is he signing

I dont remember seeing any for federic and if i missed one i doubt i missed two

Hope this puts everyones mind at ease. On a futures bruins forum i expect a few people here never forgot federic :) not accussing anyone.

Just pointing out here again is a move none of our insiders were driving us to focuss on as the thing. Again, sweeney keeps things quiet andAgain we are surprised but its ok.

I certainly didnt know and i certainlywasnt talking about federic this week

But yeah... hes here now... im happy

Last edited:

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Wow good on Sweeney. Excited to hear about (can't really watch P-Bruins games) him in providence. Really enjoyed him at WJC

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Well... i found it interesting someone would correct me in the first place so i had a bit of fun responding

I follow every single draft pick... often even after they leave organization. I spend alot of time at hockeydb going over old draft classes

But if this is going to be a federal case that i said he feels a bit like the forgotten guy... let me clarify

I meant in comparison to donato. Apples and oranges. Donato had fan boys here drooling 10 posts per day when is he signing

I dont remember seeing any for federic and if i missed one i doubt i missed two

Hope this puts everyones mind at ease. On a futures bruins forum i expect a few people here never forgot federic :) not accussing anyone.

Just pointing out here again is a move none of our insiders were driving us to fiscuss. Again, sweeney keeps things quiet. Again we are surprised

I certainly wasnt talking about federic this week

But yeah... hes here now... im happy
I think Donato is a recency thing. He was a GPG at harvard and scored half the goals for USA at the olympics. I can't blame anyone for getting overly pumped for him, way to blow the roof off of your own hype.

Frederic's exciting, but you are right in that a lot of people who don't follow as closely remember him by that gretzky quote. Hopefully they'll be singing a different tune soon.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Frederic should be the poster boy for not jumping to conclusions. Kid is big, strong and heavy on the puck with a nice shot. Much different than the third liner expectations that we were fed, which I am personally guilty of going off of and crucifying the selection. I hope he proves my post-draft selection thoughts so very wrong - Frederic is easily one of my favorite prospects the Bruins have going right now.

The Red Sox hat was a nice touch.

Signing the ATO and then 3 years was the best possible scenario, considering it will (hopefully) bar him from the Seattle expansion draft eligibility.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Frederic should be the poster boy for not jumping to conclusions. Kid is big, strong and heavy on the puck with a nice shot. Much different than the third liner expectations that we were fed, which I am personally guilty of going off of and crucifying the selection. I hope he proves my post-draft selection thoughts so very wrong - Frederic is easily one of my favorite prospects the Bruins have going right now.

The Red Sox hat was a nice touch.

Signing the ATO and then 3 years was the best possible scenario, considering it will (hopefully) bar him from the Seattle expansion draft eligibility.

I would actually be really happy if T-Fed ended up as a middle 6 center. I'm not saying I'm down on him as a player at all ( quite the opposite ); I just think that's great value for where he was picked.

Reactions: Thrive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad