Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign C Trent Frederic to ELC

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I am trying to guess what timeline we might expect federic in boston

I would move Backes to C so they can get one of Bjork or Donato into the lineup next year. I think JFK and Frederic both spend the year in the minors, and see spot duty as injury replacements. At the end of next year Krejci and Backes NMC’s will be lifting and then it’s just a matter of time until the kids force their way into the lineup and force a trade.

That’s my guess at the conservative model anyway. I know player development can be unpredictable, Frederic or JFK could force their hand and force their way into the lineup right away... That would be a good problem to have but my guess is we’ll see them start out with a more conservative approach. They can afford to be patient.

Reactions: AM Bruin and Thrive

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What i meant was... no one was clamouring for his signing today. No one said, is federic going to sign this year?

Just the other day...i personally wondered about him but since no one was talking about it, i thought to myself... guess hes going back to university

So i made a very glib comment to say... look everyone... heres all this talk about donato but federic gets signed without any talk at all

Sort of my way of telling people calm down... dont worry if you arent hearing news... the insiders often have very little info for us, but things get done anyhow

No need to lose sleep just because sweeney doesnt leak his buisness to us in advance

My motto... enjoy the good things when they happen... have fun with this...

But thanks... i do know about the prospect board... and i do realize federic made our top 25 list and when he scores, people talk about him

Ive even talked about him myself. Hes a good looking prospect. I believe he has a future
FWIW, I asked about him signing (in the prospect thread) a day or two ago.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I would move Backes to C so they can get one of Bjork or Donato into the lineup next year. I think JFK and Frederic both spend the year in the minors, and see spot duty as injury replacements. At the end of next year Krejci and Backes NMC’s will be lifting and then it’s just a matter of time until the kids force their way into the lineup and force a trade.

That’s my guess at the conservative model anyway. I know player development can be unpredictable, Frederic or JFK could force their hand and force their way into the lineup right away... That would be a good problem to have but my guess is we’ll see them start out with a more conservative approach. They can afford to be patient.

Its going to feel like losing a child... or a few kids by the time this sorts itself out

At center... at leftwing... at left defense... we are going to lose kids at every position we got our hearts set on keeping

Holy crap, our management has done something very very very right in stockpiling this boatload of talent

And to my astonishment the cap looks under control too

Is this the beginning of the best time to be a bruin fan since esposito and orr joined the team in the 1960s?

If federic does show a scoring touch in nhl... this great picture we have just goes one more level towards alltime best ever in my lifetime

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Mark my words......next year Zboril will force his way onto the team at some point and I think Senyshyn makes a push next year. You can see the talent with Senyshyn and Zboril, they're both just learning how to play the pro game. Much like you could see in Debrusk last season in Providence, he spent the whole year there and figured out the pro game.

Frederic I could see spending next year in Providence and maybe getting a call up depending on his play. Donato as well......there's just so much young talent in the organization that you'll have to use some of them as trade assets.

JFK is likely going to be ready as well

Not everybody is a McAvoy or Pastrnak that become NHL studs at 20 yrs old.....some guys blossom around 23 or 24 yrs old and that's not a bad thing

I think you'll see McQuaid moved this offseason just to clear a spot

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I’d be surprised to see Frederick playing in Boston next year. I’ve watched him a lot over the past 2 years. He’s got all the tools, but he’s still really raw. If we get crushed by injuries, it might happen, but I think he really needs a full season in the AHL.

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Do you not read the prospects thread? We've had updates on him since he was drafted.

And now you're holding up one extreme thought process to another...from a forgotten prospect to hotly debated next thing. Just because you don't think of him or talk about his progression doesn't mean the rest of the fanbase wasn't watching.

And since you couldn't find it, here's 41 pages worth of Frederic for you to catch up on.

Damn formerly Veddar we may have had some pissing moments in our sim league but I love almost all your posts. ps I am Lucicfist btw .

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/29-overall-trent-frederic.2095657/page-41

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Sorry Albert have to agree with PB37...Fred was never close to being a forgotten prospect. He's been top of mind for many fans here.

Can't wait to see how he translates to the pros. :) . Sweeney is killing it! Too bad Zach will be his only real prospect blemish. Bet you he wishes a redo on that pick. :facepalm:

Not sure of your age but I view him as a joel otto type and yup I am fine with that.

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Well.. i said hes like the forgotten prospect... someone could take this how i intended it... or tell me im out of touch

The op choose the later. So i decided to take it serious and point out in federics thread theres no activity for the past month at which point the op called me bizzare

Sorry if i like using facts to base my opinions

But my origional opinion... i clarified it... i just meant there wasnt a ton of discusion asking when hed sign.. or mentioning much about him at all.

So my op was... a throwaway comment... i stand by it, but it certainly wasnt worth correcting me... specially when the facts back me up

You all need to stop taking this so serious and have more fun here

This whole im right thing... is crazy

And its ironic youd accuse me of the very thing i preach against. I dont expect you to know what i stand for. But ive preached tolerance and humility here for the past 15 years

You are very good poster. Now the critique you tend to act like you know more than you actually do. this is a learning moment because I truly do have respect for your solid base knowledge of the game. A critique going forward would be that you truly write columns like a press writer. get to the point and make most posters see your knowledge without writing a novel in one post.

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018

Just a side comment not directed at you. People due to salary crap on Krecji not taking into account he has endured line mates who are sub par and now with that no longer the case has proven once again his value. He has stepped up once again with Bergy down look at the teams record. If he does what he has done in past playoffs I am flat out taking a ban once again and targeting all Krecji bashers bet on that, I am Bruins forums wild card and those from my bruins fans sim league know that.

that being said I am very concerned Krecji has back issues and the time will come that yes for financial reasons he will be dumped. But once again what is our record without Bergy during this stretch and what has Krecji produced during this time? Think of the season we have produced and I f***in dare you as a fan to say you saw this coming this season.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Mark my words......next year Zboril will force his way onto the team at some point and I think Senyshyn makes a push next year. You can see the talent with Senyshyn and Zboril, they're both just learning how to play the pro game. Much like you could see in Debrusk last season in Providence, he spent the whole year there and figured out the pro game.

Frederic I could see spending next year in Providence and maybe getting a call up depending on his play. Donato as well......there's just so much young talent in the organization that you'll have to use some of them as trade assets.

JFK is likely going to be ready as well

Not everybody is a McAvoy or Pastrnak that become NHL studs at 20 yrs old.....some guys blossom around 23 or 24 yrs old and that's not a bad thing

I think you'll see McQuaid moved this offseason just to clear a spot

Based on what? Senyshyn has 8 goals in Providence this year in 53 games. This is a player known for his goal scoring and speed. The other thing is there's no real job in camp for him to get. I don't think they see him as a 4th line player who can chip in on the PK. The right side doesn't have a ton of room for Senyshyn to break through.

Zboril maybe if there's an injury or two concurrently even. And even then.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Based on what? Senyshyn has 8 goals in Providence this year in 53 games. This is a player known for his goal scoring and speed. The other thing is there's no real job in camp for him to get. I don't think they see him as a 4th line player who can chip in on the PK. The right side doesn't have a ton of room for Senyshyn to break through.

Zboril maybe if there's an injury or two concurrently even. And even then.

Not that I think Senyshyn will make the team, but I think after one year of pro hockey and another full off season will do wonders for him. Not to mention...Sweeney encourages competition, if hes one of the best wings he'll play.

I think Grizz will re sign for 2-3 years so that limits Zborils impact a bit, which isnt a bad thing.

Its getting to the point where there aren't many positions up for grabs, but thats the whole point. The young guys will continue to push the vets and replace them when cap issues arise.

Really not a bad problem to have.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
The current scouting team yet again comes out as looking like they very much did their homework. The current talent scouts for this organization are very underrated. Donny also showing some resiliency in knowing and trusting in his team - he spent a pretty penny on the Nash rental, but he may have done so with the knowledge that there is a strong, sustainable talent pool for the org even after the expenditures. I can very much see both Frederic and Donato getting an early cup of coffee with the big club next year.

Reactions: Thrive

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Not that I think Senyshyn will make the team, but I think after one year of pro hockey and another full off season will do wonders for him. Not to mention...Sweeney encourages competition, if hes one of the best wings he'll play.

I don't know about that. I mean, Sweeney does "encourage" competition, but if last year's training camp is any indication, he also engineers events and combinations to produce the result he desires.

In other words, it's rigged.

Last year, nobody was knocking DeBrusk out of that 2LW slot. Vatrano and Czarnik were buried with 4th liners. Heinen had a better camp and a more productive start to the season but was sent to the minors. When called back up he started with 4th liners and for whatever reason is still a staple on the 3rd line even though he's shown real flashes of chemistry with Krejci.

They like DeBrusk. I get it. I like him too, and he's done nothing but reward their faith in him so it's all good. But I think the idea that camp was an open tryout where competition ruled is a fantasy. DeBrusk was the favored son from day 1.

If I had to pick a guy to see some front office favoritism next year it would be Donato (not Senyshyn or even Frederic). And again, I like Donato. I liked him from the first day of his first development camp. Chances are he will also reward their faith in him, but there are going to be some good players that end up getting passed over and cast aside.

Bearden

Jan 30, 2018
Base on current contracts this is how the bruins roster will look something like in 2018-2019 and due to pending RFA in 2019-2020 that will require raises.

Marchand- Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk- krejci- Nash. ( 5.5 m- 1 yr. )
Heinen- Karlsson- Backes
Kuraly- Donato- Bjork
Acciari

Chara (4.5 m-2yr)- McAvoy
Krug- Carlo
Grzelcyk. Miller
Zboril McQuaid

Rask
McIntyre

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Question about Frederic. I remember when he was drafted, I thought I saw him listed in a few places as 6'5. Then fast forward to this year and he is listed at 6'2 (I thought for sure I was going crazy). Then I saw this today, the P-Bruins have him listed at 6'5. He is 6'2 right? TheAHL.com

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Question about Frederic. I remember when he was drafted, I thought I saw him listed in a few places as 6'5. Then fast forward to this year and he is listed at 6'2 (I thought for sure I was going crazy). Then I saw this today, the P-Bruins have him listed at 6'5. He is 6'2 right? TheAHL.com

Wikipedia has him listed as 6'3" I think it's wishful thinking hoping he grows anymore at 20 years old. We need more size down the middle IMO. Even at 6'3" he'll add some nice size there.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Do they measure these guys with their skates on? lol....Just because I've seen Senyshyn listed at 6'1'' some places, but he's listed 6'3'' on the AHL website.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Frederic got his first goal this weekend. He centered the top line (Fitzgerald-Frederic-Czarnik) against Lehigh Valley, the top team in the Atlantic and #2 in the AHL.

Providence won both games and moved into second place in the Atlantic. Good start for Frederic against tough competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad