Rumor: Bruins - Sharks

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Classic HF.

We want your 23 year old 30 goal power forward, but you can't have our one prospect with decent top six potential.

Here's a 3C, late first round pick, and AHL fodder
We have other good prospects willing to deal like Trent Frderic, Urho Vaakainainen and also first round pick. Reason Bruins won't trade Studnicka is that our Centers are getting up there in age and he is the only center prospect we have to replace them potentially.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The Bruins “source” on hf boards is a farce. Guy pretends to be connected and know rumours but all he says is Boston is dealing with New Jersey and San Jose but he can’t get into specifics. Always says things could happen or couldn’t. Then if a deal happens with a bottom feeder (who duh, is in selling mode), he says see I told you so. And if it doesn’t work out he says it fell through. And idiots over there eat that crap up. He’s so full of **** it’s embarassing. So posters are saying it couldn’t be Kane and he just says vague crap like “oh do tell” so that it a) could be him being funny or b) he could look sly if it is him. He does that for every player. For a guy connected you think he would actually say the rumour. But again he’s full of ****.

You probably shouldn't talk on things you clearly know nothing about.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The Bruins “source” on hf boards is a farce. Guy pretends to be connected and know rumours but all he says is Boston is dealing with New Jersey and San Jose but he can’t get into specifics. Always says things could happen or couldn’t. Then if a deal happens with a bottom feeder (who duh, is in selling mode), he says see I told you so. And if it doesn’t work out he says it fell through. And idiots over there eat that crap up. He’s so full of **** it’s embarassing. So posters are saying it couldn’t be Kane and he just says vague crap like “oh do tell” so that it a) could be him being funny or b) he could look sly if it is him. He does that for every player. For a guy connected you think he would actually say the rumour. But again he’s full of ****.

Really?

You have a privileged conversation with someone in the know who informs you of a possible trade and you think you'd keep your job long if that same conversation ended up on the internet?

Dom doesn't have to say anything at all but he likes to drop some hints from time to time. You know how many deals are "almost" made?

As someone who has a lot of familiarity with trash posts (I read HF Bruins) this takes the proverbial cake.

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
i doubt meier gets dealt. it's probably gonna be thornton and dillon at half for backes, a 2020 1st and a decent prospect

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
We have other good prospects willing to deal like Trent Frderic, Urho Vaakainainen and also first round pick. Reason Bruins won't trade Studnicka is that our Centers are getting up there in age and he is the only center prospect we have to replace them potentially.
We need prospects with top six/top pairing potential in a Timo trade, not middle six and middle pairing guys and studnicka is the only prospect of yours that meets that requirement.

Frederic looks like a middle six forward at best, more likely bottom 6 if he even pans out,
Urho looks like a middle pairing defenseman if he pans out
And that first is a late round first.
I would hang up if that was the offer for Timo.

It's like SJ saying we want McAvoy, but Ryan Merkley and our good roster players are off the table. Yea, there may be some decent prospects left, but nothing you're going to want to take back for a great young roster player.

Last edited:
Reactions: themelkman and PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
We need prospects with top six/top pairing potential in a Timo trade, not middle six and middle pairing guys and studnicka is the only prospect of yours that meets that requirement.

Frederic looks like a middle six forward at best, more likely bottom 6 if he even pans out,

It's like SJ saying we want McAvoy, but Ryan Merkley and our good roster players are off the table. Yea, there may be some decent prospects left, but nothing you're going to want to take back for a great young roster player.

And that could be the hiccup in the talks. Bruins probably want to one stop shop to fix their needs and want to include Meier in the deal but they aren't meeting the Sharks idea for value for him, hence the back and forth. Meier is a big piece and Boston would have to pony up.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

For me personally any Bruins prospect is on the table. Including Studnicka. The issue is I saw some people on the Sharks forum asking for Carlo + DeBrusk. Boston isn't going to trade any key playoff guys. That's just not how deadline trades work.

If Boston is taking Dillon back I assume they are also losing one of Gryz or Moore either to San Jose or elsewhere since we already have a huge logjam at D. Gryz is a great player and has good value. Moore is a serviceable bottom pairing Dman. Not sure if San Jose has interest in either.

Reactions: kthx

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Classic HF.

We want your 23 year old 30 goal power forward, but you can't have our one prospect with decent top six potential.

Here's a 3C, late first round pick, and AHL fodder
I mean i understand the sentiment of not wanting to trade him. Many see him as the only highly likelihood top 6 center in our system. There are some with high hopes that he's the future replacement for Krejci/Bergy. But obviously you gotta give to get a player like Meier so he probably would have to be on the table.

Reactions: TheWayToRefJose

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
None are enough for Meier. I wouldn’t even move him in a deal around Studnicka.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Maybe Bruins will look at Evander Kane instead?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'd absolutely trade him for the right talented player. Not a rental mind you.

Me too, and For Meier without question.

Meier would give the Bruins their best chance at winning another Cup in the Bergeron and Chara era. Studnicka can't do that and he's not Timo Meier. Meier is a game changer in the NHL a player who can take over a game.

We all see prospects and players different and their value, but there's no way I'd let Jack Studnicka be the difference in not being able to acquire Timo Meier.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Studnicka reminds me of a grittier version of Bergeron.... I absolutely do not want to trade him

Grittier than a guy who played with a broken rib, torn cartilage and muscle tissue a separated shoulder, and a puncture in his lung.

Im not saying Studnicka wont be a gritty player or a very good NHL player and he is the Bruins top prospect but he's not untouchable and if the bruins could acquire Meier without moving him. that would be great and I'll be all for it but if Im San Jose that's who I'd start with.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Me too, and For Meier without question.

Meier would give the Bruins their best chance at winning another Cup in the Bergeron and Chara era. Studnicka can't do that and he's not Timo Meier. Meier is a game changer in the NHL a player who can take over a game.

We all see prospects and players different and their value, but there's no way I'd let Jack Studnicka be the difference in not being able to acquire Timo Meier.

The thing is, Bergy and Krejci are old and despite them still playing great, I wouldnt want to count on them to keep playing like that for another few years. Studnicka is a surefire Top 6 center in very near future and you need him to replace one of both soon. I wouldnt count on free agency to fill the holes both of them will crack open when their time is up because you have to overpay very much. See Duchene, Tavares and others. This wouldnt work with how the Bruins manages their cup with everybody taking less for the team. I really believe Studnicka is the only prospect who is really off the table.

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad