Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Sens. Nov 15, 7:30 p.m. Eastern time.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Amazing how quickly the attitude towards Andy has turned.

Hope the team in front of him shows up tonight.

It is not that I don't like him, it is just that his 0-3-0 with a .860 save percentage against the bruins as of recently is not something that we should be happy about.

Dana Scully

I want to believe.
Dec 3, 2005
Ottawa
Lehner has played behind the same defence, but has put up better numbers than Anderson.

Good for him. I have nothing against Lehner. I simply think our goaltending is the least of our issues.

We cannot keep expecting our goalies to bail us out of games and stop 40-50 shots a night.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yes, because people with a different opinion then you are idiots. :shakehead

If it's an idiotic opinion, sure.

If the team were playing well and Andy was single-handedly crapping the bed, great.

He didn't play great against Philly, but the team in front of him played worse.

Keep in mind, I want Lehner to start. But not because Andy isn't capable of putting up a good performance.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
If it's an idiotic opinion, sure.

If the team were playing well and Andy was single-handedly crapping the bed, great.

He didn't play great against Philly, but the team in front of him played worse.

Keep in mind, I want Lehner to start. But not because Andy isn't capable of putting up a good performance.

Get real, team sucked big time but Andy sucked as much as them, I don't give a **** if he makes a nice save once it's 2-0 or 4-0, I want him to keep us in the game, he didn't, he was bad, he let 2 ****ing wrap arounds and a weak slapper from the far high slot (Methot sucked there too), and seriously, if you are a coach, why would you throw Andy to the wolves like that when the other G is hot as fire right now? makes absolutely no sense

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Get real, team sucked big time but Andy sucked as much as them, I don't give a **** if he makes a nice save once it's 2-0 or 4-0, I want him to keep us in the game, he didn't, he was bad, he let 2 ****ing wrap arounds and a weak slapper from the far high slot (Methot sucked there too), and seriously, if you are a coach, why would you throw Andy to the wolves like that when the other G is hot as fire right now? makes absolutely no sense

Like I said, I agree that it's a dumb decision.

But this Anderson = Automatic Loss is pretty silly IMO.

Andy stands on his head, we lose 1-0, and you'll still find people in here saying they should have started Lehner.

With the way the team has been playing in its own end, allowing 1 goal against seems like a pipe dream though.

Dana Scully

I want to believe.
Dec 3, 2005
Ottawa
Andy has kept us in games that we shouldn't be in FAR more often than he's been single-handedly responsible for losing a game.

It's sad that we rely so much on our goalies to keep us in games when we're playing like ***** that once they don't keep us in a game... they're suddenly at fault for losses.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
MacLean, in choosing Anderson, given Lehner's performance last week, Anderson's performance this week, and Lehner's historical play against the Bruins, has put him in the most pressure-packed situation I can think of.

I guess we'll find out how he responds.

There must be some logic that Paul sees that I'm missing.

Dana Scully

I want to believe.
Dec 3, 2005
Ottawa
There must be some logic that Paul sees that I'm missing.

Probably to show that he has faith in Andy, even after a bad game and that he's done enough to deserve a chance.

I honestly don't know, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know better than he does.

We'll see how it goes, I guess. If the team plays like they played against Philly, it's not going to matter anyway.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I'm more worried about the train wreck team defence.

Clearly this is what has been killing the Senators all season.

If it doesn't improve I wonder if Murray is going to make a desperation save to bring in a legit top 4 vet.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Andy has kept us in games that we shouldn't be in FAR more often than he's been single-handedly responsible for losing a game.

It's sad that we rely so much on our goalies to keep us in games when we're playing like ***** that once they don't keep us in a game... they're suddenly at fault for losses.

Andy has been really average this year to be honest. Last year he was all-world for 20 games, this year not so much. And this team and its crappy defence can't afford average in nets. They need .930ish goaltending, .925 tops or they're sunk. The only game Andy was "good" in was the Red Wings rout and the team was so pumped and on fire that he was almost a passenger after the first.

Like I said, I agree that it's a dumb decision.
But this Anderson = Automatic Loss is pretty silly IMO.

Andy stands on his head, we lose 1-0, and you'll still find people in here saying they should have started Lehner.

With the way the team has been playing in its own end, allowing 1 goal against seems like a pipe dream though.

It isn't an automatic loss but...but I'd rather play Lehner tonight due to consistency. Give Andy another soft start versus Columbus or Philly (think we play them again next week no?) and get him back into his groove. We're chasing the Bruins in the standings so we need these two points. CLB and PHI are "far" enough behind we can use the game as a training ground if we need to.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'd rather play Lehner tonight due to consistency.

So would virtually everyone.

Doesn't change the fact that this team is terrible in its own end.

Maybe this is a bizarre tactic to teach the team not to rely on stellar goaltending. I don't know.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I can say the same about your opinions then if you are going to start calling people idiots.

He's right. People are on the Lehner bandwagon and will take shots at Andy any chance they can.

Like he said, Andy didn't play great against Philly, but the team in front of him was much much worse.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada

LAST YEAR, sure, this year, I am not so sure... I haven't missed a game and I think his level of play isn't anywhere near where he was last year, I know it's hard to keep last year's pace because he was crazy good, but I think with the exception of one or 2 games, he struggled, gave up bad goals, always give the 1st goal ect..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad