Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Sens. Nov 15, 7:30 p.m. Eastern time.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Important that we bounce back after the performance against the Flyers.

Lehner doesnt think he'll start :(

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 3m
Robin Lehner says he doesn't expect to play tomorrow. #Sens

Last edited by a moderator:

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Important that we bounce back after the performance against the Flyers.

Lehner doesnt think he'll start :(

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 3m
Robin Lehner says he doesn't expect to play tomorrow. #Sens

Edit: Apparently we are at home. Can someone change the title?

:huh:

I'm hoping otherwise.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Twuttles: Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 7m

Anderson expected to start tmw
--

Everyone feel free to panic and explain how your lineup decisions are better than the current Jack Adams winner.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Twuttles: Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 7m

Anderson expected to start tmw
--

Everyone feel free to panic and explain how your lineup decisions are better than the current Jack Adams winner.

So just because he is a jack adams winner means he is free from criticism? That is some ridiculous thinking right there.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I like the Bruins decision to go younger and more mobile on their back end. The likes of Krug and Hamilton are making a difference there. Definitely the class off our division.

Don't play that dump and chase game we saw on Tuesday, it won't work on this team. Their D can handle it and they'll obstruct the pics out of your forecheckers.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Only so much he can do, he can't go out there and grab the players legs and actually have them move their feet.

The players deserve their share of critisism. But decisions like putting Phillips on the powerplay and benching Lehner who has a hot streak for 2 consecutive games doesn't really make sense.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
PM was making questionable decisions last year as well. But they usually worked out. This year it's a different story.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Up against our buddies in the Atlantic.

Well, I hope we put up a good showing.

Surprised Lehner isn't starting.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
So just because he is a jack adams winner means he is free from criticism? That is some ridiculous thinking right there.

It definitely buys you some leeway. After all, what did the choice of Andy over Lehner mean in the last game? Would it have been 4-0 instead of 5-0? I think there's a lot more to be critical of for better reasons than the choice of goalie. We're getting world class keeping on any given night so it doesn't really much matter.

How about we work on getting 4 good lines instead?!!! :rant:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
What ridiculous discussions today, but I guess losing 5-0 does that to a particularly panicky fan base.

Anderson is starting because he is our number one goalie. When Lehner is our number one goalie he will get most of the starts. Sane hockey coaches understand that hot streaks happen, but if your number one guy is not going the odds are pretty good that you will get nowhere fast.

Hockey fans who want to see the backup goalie are like football fans who want to see the backup QB, which is to say they become easily obsessed with potential. In hockey, like football, it takes time to develop a quality starter. The backups pay their dues, gets starts here and there, and when the organization feels like it is time for them to take over they grab the reins. Organizations love it when a backup forces their hand with outstanding play, and makes them make tough decisions. However, until Lehner has at least twice as many quality starts (he now has 33 reg season and 2 playoff games under his best) he is still a huge wildcard.

For now the first priority probably is, and should be, getting Andy and the team going again.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
It definitely buys you some leeway. After all, what did the choice of Andy over Lehner mean in the last game? Would it have been 4-0 instead of 5-0? I think there's a lot more to be critical of for better reasons than the choice of goalie. We're getting world class keeping on any given night so it doesn't really much matter.

How about we work on getting 4 good lines instead?!!! :rant:

In a shutout loss you have to start by blaming the goaltender, its just common sense. Anderson is the only reason it wasn't a 0-0 tie.

Andy should bounce back soon though. He was seen reading "Wraparounds for Dummies" on the team bus - that should help.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Here's an interesting point a friend of mine pointed out to me the other day:

The success of the Turris line has hurt the other 3 lines. MacLean has traditionally liked to role 4 lines and that hasn't really been the case so for in 2013. By mid second period, the Turris line is basically out there every other shift and it upsets the flow of the lines, no one else really gets into a rhythm.

I don't know if I totally agree with the idea but I think it carries some merit. No other line is really getting a chance to consistently play together now besides the Greening - Smith - Neil unit. Mac's gotta manage that a bit better methinks.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
What ridiculous discussions today, but I guess losing 5-0 does that to a particularly panicky fan base.

Anderson is starting because he is our number one goalie. When Lehner is our number one goalie he will get most of the starts. Sane hockey coaches understand that hot streaks happen, but if your number one guy is not going the odds are pretty good that you will get nowhere fast.

Hockey fans who want to see the backup goalie are like football fans who want to see the backup QB, which is to say they become easily obsessed with potential. In hockey, like football, it takes time to develop a quality starter. The backups pay their dues, gets starts here and there, and when the organization feels like it is time for them to take over they grab the reins. Organizations love it when a backup forces their hand with outstanding play, and makes them make tough decisions. However, until Lehner has at least twice as many quality starts (he now has 33 reg season and 2 playoff games under his best) he is still a huge wildcard.

For now the first priority probably is, and should be, getting Andy and the team going again.

Nothing to do with panicing, simply a difference of opinion. Andy is and will remain the number one goalie, but in my world you ride the hot goaltender it is about wins we will be in a fight to make the playoffs. Yes I do understand you logic and I see the merit in it, I just would go the other way :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->