Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Sens. Nov 15, 7:30 p.m. Eastern time.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It has not been decided yet who is going in.

Lehner should go in wearing Anderson's jersey and mask.

Then, after making his first huge save, throw the mask off and give the laser-stare to his opponents, his lips slowly curling into a grin as he laughs maniacally like the Phantom of the Opera.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
This Lehner vs. Anderson thing is tearing us apart.

tumblr_lv39rrEeY21r11pipo1_500.gif

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm playing a bit of the devil's advocate here:

We know that Stache clearly stated Andy is the #1 goalie and when he's ready to pay he'll play. As we all know, Lehner was playing lights out and had won 3 games in a row even though the team played cr@ppy for 2 of them. Now after a bad loss with Andy in net would he really make the switch and explain it based strictly on historical patterns ie... team matching? Why would he do that now when we need the wins and if Andy is really his #1 then he should face the top teams.

Stache broke the good karma goalie cycle and there will be room to question his decisions no matter who he picks. Just imagine if he plays Lehner against Boston and he wins and then he uses Andy again the next game and he loses. IMO whatever the outcome unless he plays Andy tonight and he wins there is a high risk of controversy in the fan base.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
It has not been decided yet who is going in.

Bruce Garrioch‏@SunGarrioch21h
Robin Lehner on Anderson starting tomorrow. Says he gets it. "I'm the backup," says The Lehner. #Sens

That was 21 hours ago so around...1 or 2 p.m. yesterday? Math is probably fuzzy though.
Hope this is just speculation, going to be sick to my stomach if ANderson starts unless he completely stones the Bruins tonight.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Bruce Garrioch‏@SunGarrioch21h
Robin Lehner on Anderson starting tomorrow. Says he gets it. "I'm the backup," says The Lehner. #Sens

That was 21 hours ago so around...1 or 2 p.m. yesterday? Math is probably fuzzy though.
Hope this is just speculation, going to be sick to my stomach if ANderson starts unless he completely stones the Bruins tonight.

Bruce Garrioch‏@SunGarrioch13h
GARRIOCH: MacLean mum on who will get the nod against Boston Bruins http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/11/14...on-who-will-get-the-nod-against-boston-bruins … #Sens #ottnews

That was 13 hours ago. It was a speculative question that they asked Lehner.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
I thought it was bad giveaways, poor breakouts, bad penalties, and secondary scoring that was the problem with the team....

**** the goalie, theyre both fine, they both can steal games.....why do we keep going on about this....dont give me this momentum BS, we didnt lose against Philly because of Anderson FFS.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Steve Lloyd
@6thSens It appears that way. Grant and Kassian never missed a turn. Zibanejad alternated with Condra on RW.

How wonderful.....

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Cowen and Gryba together

How wonderful....

Not saying I totally agree but just an observation.

Pierre was saying this morning that the Bruins have been playing bruising hockey lately so it might help explain why Stache might take out the 2 softest D in Wiercioch and oh oh Corvo.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Not saying I totally agree but just an observation.

Pierre was saying this morning that the Bruins have been playing bruising hockey lately so it might help explain why Stache might take out the 2 softest D in Wiercioch and oh oh Corvo.

So instead of being soft, slow and turnover prone we'll just be slow and turnover prone. I guess that is an improvement.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Why is everyone going so crazy? It's not like the Bruins have gone undefeated this year and sit on top of the league. This isn't the same Bruins team that won a Cup, or even the same team that went to the finals last year.

Yeah, they're a tough team and are solid all-around. Everyone seems to be compared to us lately.

But we do have a chance of beating them tonight. How often does any team in this league (outside of Edmonton) play two horribly embarrassing games in a row? How many times does a team playing on back-to-back nights in two different cities win both games?

We've got a good chance here to steal two points. I have faith in the guys.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Boston have won something like 12 straight games in Ottawa haven't they?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Go Sens! Will be at the game again tonight...200 level.

Time to step it up.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Lehner should go in wearing Anderson's jersey and mask.

Then, after making his first huge save, throw the mask off and give the laser-stare to his opponents, his lips slowly curling into a grin as he laughs maniacally like the Phantom of the Opera.

Why did this not get more love.

Post of the thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad