Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
3fZWrFJ.jpg

0PoqQMo.gif

:handclap:

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I wonder if Chiasson is the type of player who ups his game several notches in the playoffs. If so, he could be beastly in the playoffs.

Small sample size (and he was a rookie), but he played in 6 games for the Stars last post-season and had 1 goal, 1 assist and was -7.

I can't speak for his level of play because I didn't watch him and I know +/- isn't everything, but...

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We will. Once someone gets injured probably. Or if Chiasson struggles. May or may not happen.

You can troll and criticize Neil and Phillips all you want when they have not been around. It is classy.

I tell you if Neil is our 13th forward or 14th. If he plays in the playoffs he will have an impact.

Remember the Montreal series. Neil had like 63 hits or something in one series.

I love this team. Love it. Love each and everyone of the players playing now on this team. Everyone is playing well. Even the 4th line. Even Chiasson and Legwand and freaking Peumpel is good. If we get injuries and Neil plays again this season in the regular season he will not hurt us. He will play well and be Neil and hit and punish guys and help us win.

Phillips is our 8th D now. If he does play again this season I will be grateful we have the depth to be able to line up an 8th NHL D. And I bet Phillips will play effectively if this happens.

We had our minor league goalies in Net for lots of this run.

We have deep, deep depth. Great for the playoffs. 15-16 forwards I would not mind playing and 8 D and apparently 3 goalies.

Even when this team was GREAT we were running D as our 12th forward or hoping a Tyler Aranason
Could be the 12th forward. Now we do not have that problem.

We are showing we are as good as any team in the league. If we make the playoffs we have as good a chance as any team in the East to win the Cup. Neil and Phillips may play a role in that.

I watched the Flames win the Cup on 1989 and an aged Lanny score a key game winning goal and fet scratched and famously celebrate the Cup as a scratch in cooperalls. I want a Cup. For Neil and Phillips. Even if they never play again this season they are part of this team. I bet both will play. And we do make the playoffs and we make some noise.

We have chemistry now

far more important then the 91432 offseason hits by neil

Neil was hitting in october and so what?

we were losing

plz dont disrupt that chemistry

the kids are learning to play with each others to be REAL contenders in 2-3 years

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Something pretty sick from last nights game is that all the centres got points. We need them all to start going now.

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
I wonder if Chiasson is the type of player who ups his game several notches in the playoffs. If so, he could be beastly in the playoffs.

I watched most of the Dallas-Anaheim series last year and although he didn't show up much on the scoresheet, Chiasson brought intensity and was very involved physically..similar to how he played last night. He was a player that caught my attention, to say the least. If last year was any indication, I'd say he's a gamer come playoff time.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Just going to say this... Gryba is a +10.

Ceci is -3

just sayin.

I know it's not the greatest stat and obviously Ceci brings way more dynamic to the game but i dont see what everyone's problem with gryba is. I'm not trying to say Gryba is better than ceci because he clearly isnt. He's just a solid #6 d pairing and at this point he is far and away a better option over Phillips.

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Small sample size (and he was a rookie), but he played in 6 games for the Stars last post-season and had 1 goal, 1 assist and was -7.

I can't speak for his level of play because I didn't watch him and I know +/- isn't everything, but...

To add to my post, I can't speak for Chiasson's defensive play in that series because I wasn't keying in on watching him, all I'm saying is that there were a few stretches where he stood out. He was around the net getting chances but not burying them, he was mixing it up in scrums and getting under some players' skin, he was an effective player for the Stars. If he plays that way for us in the playoffs (if and when we make it), I think we're very pleased with him.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
People on sports net saying Boston handed game to Ottawa. Thoughts? Sour Toronto grapes?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
People on sports net saying Boston handed game to Ottawa. Thoughts? Sour Toronto grapes?

I wouldn't say they handed it to us, but Rask having one of his worst games this season certainly helped Ottawa win.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
They had the nerve to say beating Toronto in this upcoming stretch would be our Stanley cup....

I love it :laugh:

Desperation is a stinky cologne, and the sports net guys are almost always ripe with it.

Beating the leafs will be huge and a big victory for us, should we do it. True.

But making the playoffs should be the goal of every team, a concept that appears to be lost on the entire organization and their pocket monkeys (the media).

Side note how awesome is it that our games air on tsn now? :nod:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I thought beating Montreal earlier was our Stanley Cup? How can we win the cup twice in one year? :scared:

Let's see..3 more games against Leafs would get us to 4 Cups on the year and then of course...5 Cups this year it is...might as well set another record!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Just going to say this... Gryba is a +10.

Ceci is -3

just sayin.

Worst stat in hockey.

I caught a ton of flak earlier this year for poo-pooing on Hoffman's high +/-, and I'm willing to take my lumps on Gryba's as well. It's just such a fringe stat that it's not even worth paying attention to.

+/- is the "phrenology" of the NHL.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Aside from that quick goal in the first minute, Ottawa was really shaky in the first period. Boston had a great chance to destroy us, but didn't take advantage of it.

I wouldn't say they "gave" us the game, but they certainly didn't take it away from us, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad