Bruins @ Senators - Raining burgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Aside from that quick goal in the first minute, Ottawa was really shaky in the first period. Boston had a great chance to destroy us, but didn't take advantage of it.

I wouldn't say they "gave" us the game, but they certainly didn't take it away from us, either.

It's a pointless hockey phrase. Ultimately, the loser "gives" the winner every game.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Boston played a solid game. To say that handed us the win is a joke.

They scored on both PPG's in 5on3 and were absolutely lethal all night. Tbh, we outplayed them but they showed me why they were the best east team for past 3-4 years last night. No where near the depth they had but still amazingly effective.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
They had the nerve to say beating Toronto in this upcoming stretch would be our Stanley cup....

I saw it as quite even but imo we were the better team 5on5.

-Both goalies were unspectacular and neither was the difference but each made a couple big saves
-Each team got some lucky bounces on at least 2 of their goals
-We got an absolute joke of a call against us for that 5on3 and never should have happened which accounts for one of their goals

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I saw it as quite even but imo we were the better team 5on5.

-Both goalies were unspectacular and neither was the difference but each made a couple big saves
-Each team got some lucky bounces on at least 2 of their goals
-We got an absolute joke of a call against us for that 5on3 and never should have happened which accounts for one of their goals

Well we had a chance to play a good team like Boston and now we get a chance to play a really ****** and pathetic squad from Toronto! The Leafs ******g ***k so much **** right now those bunch ******g ******s! :D

Othello*

Turris scored 19 seconds into the game, 19 seconds left in the game and getting his 19th goal. Freaky

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Worst stat in hockey.

I caught a ton of flak earlier this year for poo-pooing on Hoffman's high +/-, and I'm willing to take my lumps on Gryba's as well. It's just such a fringe stat that it's not even worth paying attention to.
What matters most....goals!
+/- is the "phrenology" of the NHL.

Other than shots hits giveaway takeaway it is a team stat. EK sucked defensively last year and his +- reflected it. He playing much better defensively this year and his +- is better. I think it is no worse than corsi which only measures shots not goals.

Ragged

Sep 10, 2009
I saw that it was NHLonNBC had tweeted it out, but someone else had watermarked their name on it.

That was a weird one. I think somebody instagram'd it, which (probably) inadvertently cropped the name out. NBC just put the instagrammer's name in there. They tried, I guess. Ah well. It's kind of running free at this point, but most of the bigger names (CTV, The Citizen, The Sun) are doing their homework.
Either way, it's been a hoot! I especially enjoy the RSUers who are doing up their own custom swag. :)

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Worst stat in hockey.

I caught a ton of flak earlier this year for poo-pooing on Hoffman's high +/-, and I'm willing to take my lumps on Gryba's as well. It's just such a fringe stat that it's not even worth paying attention to.

+/- is the "phrenology" of the NHL.

Other than shots hits giveaway takeaway it is a team stat. EK sucked defensively last year and his +- reflected it. He playing much better defensively this year and his +- is better. I think it is no worse than corsi which only measures shots not goals. Corsi Fenwick are weak at best.

BigBush*

+\- is a great stat as long as you don't draw conclusions solely based on it and dig a little deeper under the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad