GDT: Bruins @ Senators | March 21st 7:30PM | SNET/TVA

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
bruins fan here, swinging by to say that Sens deserved the win, at least a point out of last night.

Incredible what that team is doing w/ its injury situation

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
bruins fan here, swinging by to say that Sens deserved the win, at least a point out of last night.

Incredible what that team is doing w/ its injury situation

Hmmm, hard to feel the hate here :D

At least with the Bruins winning, it makes it more possible for them to catch the Habs and less likely to have the Bruins in the playoffs.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
lol at all the people blaming Lehner on the loss. Save % of .931 and only letting 2 goals in, saved our butt a couple of times during the game with some solid saves. He's not the reason we lost.

agreed..complete lunacy.

He played well, a shot deflected of Gonchars stick that he almost had and then a complete faceoff breakdown and a seeing eye shot through a bunch of guys = bad game for Lehner, absurd.

No blame to be placed, bruins are a solid team, we outplayed them but lost in the end, at least a point woulda been good but no worries here.

However the rest of this homestand is hugely important though...
lightning=gotta get the two points there
devils, rangers and leafs= all in the battle with the sens for playoffs.. really, really important to get points

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think that apologists need to realize that letting in a soft goal is different than making a big save.

Lehner has let in a soft goal in every game he's played. He's played awesome and he's gotten us a bunch of points and I'm not trying to put him down or anything...but he needs to clean up those softies because we would be pretty comfortable right now if he did.

For example I'd rather he let in a goal against Kane on that 2 on 1 than the goal he let in to let Boston back in it yesterday.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
agreed..complete lunacy.

He played well, a shot deflected of Gonchars stick that he almost had and then a complete faceoff breakdown and a seeing eye shot through a bunch of guys = bad game for Lehner, absurd.

No blame to be placed, bruins are a solid team, we outplayed them but lost in the end, at least a point woulda been good but no worries here.

However the rest of this homestand is hugely important though...
lightning=gotta get the two points there
devils, rangers and leafs= all in the battle with the sens for playoffs.. really, really important to get points

I hate excuse-making for bad goals. It was a bad goal. Period. He was cheating to the right anticipating a pass across. Had he squared up to the shooter and focused on Paille, even the tip from Gonchar would not have gone in, he would have swallowed it up in his chest.

Regardless, he isn't the reason the team lost. When they had the lead, they couldn't ice it. And then they played it safe for the extra point and went completely away from their forecheck.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I hate excuse-making for bad goals. It was a bad goal. Period. He was cheating to the right anticipating a pass across. Had he squared up to the shooter and focused on Paille, even the tip from Gonchar would not have gone in, he would have swallowed it up in his chest.

Regardless, he isn't the reason the team lost. When they had the lead, they couldn't ice it. And then they played it safe for the extra point and went completely away from their forecheck.

He was squared to Paille, the puck went under his arm and over his pad. There wasn't an issue with his positioning on the goal- maybe you're thinking of what Potvin said about Lehner having an eye on Seguin driving the net?

Lehner1.jpg

Lehner2.jpg

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
He was squared to Paille, the puck went under his arm and over his pad. There wasn't an issue with his positioning on the goal- maybe you're thinking of what Potvin said about Lehner having an eye on Seguin driving the net?

Lehner1.jpg

Lehner2.jpg

These images show me that he's not square to the shooter. He needs to be more to the left and more out towards Paille.

Whatever, it's not the reason they lost. They ONLY scored one goal. That being said, I'm sure Lehner would be the first to tell you that it was a bad goal and that he will work to fix it. That's one thing I like about his game, he's not complacent. Like the opposite of Brian Elliott.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
These images show me that he's not square to the shooter. He needs to be more to the left and more out towards Paille.

Whatever, it's not the reason they lost. They ONLY scored one goal. That being said, I'm sure Lehner would be the first to tell you that it was a bad goal and that he will work to fix it. That's one thing I like about his game, he's not complacent. Like the opposite of Brian Elliott.

They are obviously affected by the angle of the pics, but you can see his left foot outside the post when he's in his butterfly. Not to split hairs- I just see his positioning being good, while his technique was off by not getting his arm tight to his leg.

I swear Dan ****ing Paille has scored like half of his career goals against us...

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
They are obviously affected by the angle of the pics, but you can see his left foot outside the post when he's in his butterfly. Not to split hairs- I just see his positioning being good, while his technique was off by not getting his arm tight to his leg.

I swear Dan ****ing Paille has scored like half of his career goals against us...

He's too deep, and it does look to me like he's cheating a bit to his right. By the time he finishes his save movement, he's moved a bit left, but he should have been able to take that in the chest or squeezed it with his arm. The fact that it went under was because he was moving to cover the angle as he realized the shot was coming.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Serious about Paille....I swear he went yayo on us when he was a Sabre too. Sens-Killer.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I think that apologists need to realize that letting in a soft goal is different than making a big save.

Lehner has let in a soft goal in every game he's played. He's played awesome and he's gotten us a bunch of points and I'm not trying to put him down or anything...but he needs to clean up those softies because we would be pretty comfortable right now if he did.

For example I'd rather he let in a goal against Kane on that 2 on 1 than the goal he let in to let Boston back in it yesterday.

While Lehner has let in some weak goals... he's 21 years old!!! Seriously guys.

People here are WAY too hard on our goalies. Its like we've got Reimer and Scrivens in net or something!?!

The kid is 21 years old, and has yet to play a full season in the NHL. He's come in, saved our butts on numerous occasions and has only been the reason for our losses when our team can't score more than a freaking goal!!!

*This isn't to say he doesn't have things to work on. He does. But he's 21, he doesn't let a bad goal deflate him either, but he does let it challenge him to be better*

xking23

Petersson
Jun 22, 2009
Peterborough
Does Lehner need to make those saves, yes he does. If he can make every save I will be happy. I'm sure he isn't thinking "Hey I've been playing well no point to improve." he is young he will get better. We could go back to Gerber or Elliot or Lalime (Do I need to show you weak goals he let in?). Anderson has spoiled us.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Anderson has spoiled us for about 30 or so games where he has been outstanding. Most of the time he has been average to above average, which is perfectly fine. People here just think he is the best thing ever because he is a clear upgrade over the garbage we've had before. I don't think he is amazing, but he is a clear #1.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hmmm, hard to feel the hate here :D

At least with the Bruins winning, it makes it more possible for them to catch the Habs and less likely to have the Bruins in the playoffs.

I'd much rather play the Bruins in the playoffs than Montreal

We'd be very likely to lose to both of them but this city is insufferable when the Habs fans take over

I don't think I could handle losing to the Habs in the playoffs this year to be honest

Losing to the Bruins would be far easier to take

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'd much rather play the Bruins in the playoffs than Montreal

We'd be very likely to lose to both of them but this city is insufferable when the Habs fans take over

I don't think I could handle losing to the Habs in the playoffs this year to be honest

Losing to the Bruins would be far easier to take

The Habs couldn't beat us with Spezza in the lineup. I'd be very confident in that matchup. Even more so with Anderson.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
While Lehner has let in some weak goals... he's 21 years old!!! Seriously guys.

People here are WAY too hard on our goalies. Its like we've got Reimer and Scrivens in net or something!?!

The kid is 21 years old, and has yet to play a full season in the NHL. He's come in, saved our butts on numerous occasions and has only been the reason for our losses when our team can't score more than a freaking goal!!!

*This isn't to say he doesn't have things to work on. He does. But he's 21, he doesn't let a bad goal deflate him either, but he does let it challenge him to be better*

Agreed, he is 21 years old. So there is no need to have him playing in the NHL when Anderson and Bishop are healthy.

I dont blame Lehner for the loss at all last night, but he is winning quite a bit less than Bishop. Perhaps he doesnt get the goal support because bad goals deflate teams? I dont know, but I do know that we have 2 goalies who can play ahead of him, and he can refine his game in the AHL.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If we make the playoffs and we have Spezza and Michalek back I'm confident we could beat any team in the East in a 7 game series. Would I peg us as the favourites? No, but we can beat any team in the East.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Habs couldn't beat us with Spezza in the lineup. I'd be very confident in that matchup. Even more so with Anderson.

The Habs, as much as I hate them and would absolutely love beating in a series, are still firing all cylinders: they are looking mighty fine and hard to beat at the moment

I love Spezza but I don't know if he's, on his own, enough to make me think it's doable

Next year though I'd be fine with it, a 100% healthy Senators are better than the Scabs

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
If we make the playoffs and we have Spezza and Michalek back I'm confident we could beat any team in the East in a 7 game series. Would I peg us as the favourites? No, but we can beat any team in the East.

And Anderson. Agreed, this team as is is 6th in the league, yet EVERYONE is writing us off in the first round. Why?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And Anderson. Agreed, this team as is is 6th in the league, yet EVERYONE is writing us off in the first round. Why?

I would guarantee a loss against

Pittsburgh
Montreal
Boston

So that doesn't leave a lot of room to get to the second round

The only team I'd be confidant against in the playoffs would be Toronto

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

Pittsburgh
Montreal
Boston

Meh, Boston has played a depleted Sens team and has need OT, a SO, and a last minute goal to win. They dont scare me.

Crosby does, but MAF doesnt.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Pittsburgh
Montreal
Boston

Lol, Montreal has nothing on us now let alone with a healthy line-up.

Do people not remember the 5-1 crushing we laid on them without Spezza.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I also remember everyone on here guaranteeing we wouldn't win another game when Spezza went down, then again when Karlsson went down, then again when Anderson & Michalek went down. You can't guarantee anything. **** happens. :shakehead

This team is going to give whoever they face in the playoffs all they can handle in a seven game series with or without Spezza, Karlsson or Anderson. We have depth at all positions, we are getting good goaltending & we are tough again & play a great defensive game. If they can continue to do those things well than goals will come & they will win games. Look at all the one goal games this team has been in, they are in every game against every team, no team is that much better than us, this team can beat anyone. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad