GDT: Bruins @ Senators | March 21st 7:30PM | SNET/TVA

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Hey all!

First off, SBP is a great place to take in a hockey game. Was up in the 300's, first row. Perfect view. Sat next to a pair of STH's. Lots of fun to chat with them, both of them really knew their hockey and we talked about everything.

What an odd game. I think Ottawa thoroughly outplayed Boston, but there wasn't a lot of sustained attack from either team. Dobby made some good saves, but nothing jawdropping. Boston was still quite lucky to pull it out.

The refs were garbage, but what else is new?

Oh, and I lost my Bruins/Canucks Finals Rally Towel on the streets of Ottawa tonight. :(

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
After some time to cool off, I can definitely pick out some positives from tonight. Mainly the play of some of our best young players. Silfverberg, Wiercioch and Zibanejad were all very good tonight. Silf the best of them. Had the puck on his stick a ton and was strong along the boards. Lots of shots in tight and his wrister was blistering towards the net from range.

Wiercioch was jumping into the rush. Hurt us once, but did create some great chances. Took increased minutes.

Zibanejad just had a lot of jump. ~12 minutes of ice seems to be where Mika is able to consistently string together many good shifts. Forced some turn overs, drove to the net on Daugavins' goal.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Zibanejad just had a lot of jump. ~12 minutes of ice seems to be where Mika is able to consistently string together many good shifts. Forced some turn overs, drove to the net on Daugavins' goal.

After watching the replay it looks like it was going wide and Zibby actually slightly touched it. He probably didn't realize it himself because Chara was lifting his stick.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Man, how many guys do we have to lose this season? It's officially ridiculous now :shakehead

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Lehner has gotta get the weak goal thing out of his game. So SO deflating.

Lehner passes the eye test (outside of the almost guaranteed 1 softie a game), and has unreal stats...but he has only gotten us 2 wins in his 7 starts. Bishop has 6 in his 10. Doesnt really make much sense when you look at the numbers...

Latendresse was spectacular tonight I thought. I also thought Wiercoch stood out.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Hey all!

First off, SBP is a great place to take in a hockey game. Was up in the 300's, first row. Perfect view. Sat next to a pair of STH's. Lots of fun to chat with them, both of them really knew their hockey and we talked about everything.

What an odd game. I think Ottawa thoroughly outplayed Boston, but there wasn't a lot of sustained attack from either team. Dobby made some good saves, but nothing jawdropping. Boston was still quite lucky to pull it out.

Oh, and I lost my Bruins/Canucks Finals Rally Towel on the streets of Ottawa tonight. :(

glad you had fun (well, other than the whole bruins winning thing). Come back soon!

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
from the highlights it looked like Ottawa played well, tough loss. Still amazes me that the Sens keep fighting every game despite the injuries.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Hey all!

I have your towel. If you want it back, you will need to answer a series of riddles, each one that follows more difficult than the last. Then, and only then, will you see your beloved towel. Fail, and your towel will meet an unfortunate end.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Funny how the Sens lose some of their best payed games but pull rabbits out of wherever on a lot of nights they have no business getting a point.

The Silf line was the best and most dangerous all night, so close many times.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Funny how the Sens lose some of their best payed games but pull rabbits out of wherever on a lot of nights they have no business getting a point.

The Silf line was the best and most dangerous all night, so close many times.

Yeah, this vexes me. I had no sense of their urgency in the Islanders game, then big 3rd period surprise. This game they showed lots of jam, then couldn't bring the puck to the slot in the 3rd.

Gotta credit the B's goal tending and they have a modicum of peskiness themselves.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We always have cagey games against Boston.

They always seem to come out on top, but by the barest of margins this year.

I guess it's karmic balance for the Islanders game.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Not gonna go through the entire thread but i hope the Chara dive was discussed, as a fan i found that shameful and pretty lame from a guy i respect, you don't see many stars doing stuff like that these days!

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Not gonna go through the entire thread but i hope the Chara dive was discussed, as a fan i found that shameful and pretty lame from a guy i respect, you don't see many stars doing stuff like that these days!

His ass was roundly booed at SBP from that point thereafter.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I think we also started trying to play their goony game in the third which was really to our detriment, especially since the refs put away their whistles anytime the Bruins did anything. Kind of seemed to lose focus.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I have your towel. If you want it back, you will need to answer a series of riddles, each one that follows more difficult than the last. Then, and only then, will you see your beloved towel. Fail, and your towel will meet an unfortunate end.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my towel go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my towel go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
don-t-panic-and-carry-a-towel-84.png

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
lol at all the people blaming Lehner on the loss. Save % of .931 and only letting 2 goals in, saved our butt a couple of times during the game with some solid saves. He's not the reason we lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad