GDT: Bruins @ Senators | March 21st 7:30PM | SNET/TVA

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Let me be clear in saying I don't blame Lehner at all for this loss. I'm just saying that people seem to have taken sides where when one goalie lets in a bad goal, it's the end of the world, where if the other guy does it, there's a littany of excuses.

Bad goals will happen because these are young, inexperienced goalies. It would be nice if we supported them both instead of criticizing one at the expense of the other.
WTF are you talking about?
"Another softie by Lehner" is probably one of the most overused phrases on this board. :shakehead

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Aint even mad

h1E7CA875

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Also it's really pathetic that the team loses a game 2-1 and a chorus of buffoons blame our checking line centre and goalie.

They did contribute to the problem. It happens. One thing that hurt us was Lehner's late period softie. Games don't usually end well when that happens. I like him and think he's going to be a good goalie, but that hurt us. I don't know how you can say otherwise.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
WTF are you talking about?
"Another softie by Lehner" is probably one of the most overused phrases on this board. :shakehead

You completely missed my point. We unfairly pick sides and unfairly criticize BOTH goalies.

Both have stepped up in Andy's absence but people are quickly willing to forget that when it suits their agenda.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
3 stars:

P. Bergeron (Bruins - C): Goals: 0, Assists: 1
A. Khudobin (Bruins - G): Saves: 27, Save Pct.: .964
R. Lehner (Senators - G): Saves: 27, Save Pct.: .931

First star for winning that faceoff and 18 more.

Montresor

Feb 16, 2013
Ottawa
Ouch so the dreadful streak continues; bad line change and semi-soft :sarcasm: goal late in the 2nd seemed to have deflated the team.

Lehner played good, don't think the blame can solely be on him. Boston just has our number, but we're always in it until the end.

Regroup and get ready for an afternooner against Tampa!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Besides the loss, I actually think we really outplayed the Bruins. We had much, much better scoring chances.

We just didn't have the "skill" to finish but considering how much we created this game was a huge win for me. Especially with loss of Methot we didn't miss a beat.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Besides the loss, I actually think we really outplayed the Bruins. We had much, much better scoring chances.

We just didn't have the "skill" to finish but considering how much we created this game was a huge win for me. Especially with loss of Methot we didn't miss a beat.

Yeah, like I said earlier, I think we're due to turn things around. I remember we used to regularly spank the leafs and then they switched it around and sort of had our number for a bit. I think we're hopefully going to see the same happen for us with the Bruins, if to a lesser degree.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
The Sens are close to beating them. They match the Bruins stride for stride. A bit more puck luck, and we'd be on the winning side. Don't we play them twice more? Law of averages - Sens win the final two games and gain of a ton of confidence with the monkey finally off the back. Go into playoffs on a high.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
I'm in a blinding rage about tonights loss and i didn't wanna post throughout the game to begin with because the Bruins are such a pile of **** as far as the system they use to win.

Anyways, 0 PP's on home ice says it all about how much the NHL annoys me as a league. Boston is just such a clean team.....puke. Thats all i have to say and being a twitter nut doesn't help my situation.

Lets hope we can destroy Tampa on Saturday. I'll be there and am hoping for a big win. Tonight was a heartbreak.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The big bad Bruins don’t look that intimidating anymore, and it’s not because they got soft. I think this roster is close to figuring out what to do with the Bruins if they meet in the playoffs. I actually think the losses are making the young Sens even hungrier. With a full-roster, I think Ottawa has a shot at beating any team in the East. The team that frightens me most are the Pens.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Man do I hate the Bruins. Have for a while, but it only grows bigger. So sick of this. They could get outplayed for 3 full periods and still pull out a win against us. A goon team playing an awful system. Stifle, stifle, stifle, then get "mad" and act like a bunch of heroes. Even with all the injuries on our team we play a more exciting brand of hockey than their craptastic strangling of the game.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Yeah, Tampa is a big game.

I agree. Game two of a five game home stand and after a rather crushing loss. The coaching staff will probably be preaching the "60-65 minute effort" mantra the next 36 hours or whatever, so I hope to see them come out flying and put Tampa on their heels right from the get go. Now is not the time to take the foot off the gas or allow bad habits to creep in. Bounce back!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad