Post-Game Talk: Bruins - Senators 1-3-2015 - The One With the Painful Powerplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we have all these pieces that make McDavid or whoever come in and be sheltered how are we one of the worst teams in the league???

If you want to tank you have to trade Turris, trade Anderson, Tonya Harding Karlsson, waive Ryan and send Ceci to the AHL. Then you have no team around your prized pick.

This team just isn't that bad. Not even close.

This year I think we are. And last year we were. And the year before that we were. We will have the peices to shelter young stars in the FUTURE. Next year. Year after. When zibby and Turris can sneak us into the playoffs without leaving everything to our goalies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Anyway. Whatever. It's not as if we are sitting watching he game and cheering everytime Sens get scored on. I stil get mad when our team does the wrong thing. I get mad when we get scored on and I cheer when we score. I would be miserable In a tanking season. Truly miserable. But I believe that it is he best route for us to take to become contenders.

Karlsson has been good lately. Ryan has been great. Hoffman is Hoffman. He might actually be a special player. Turris just keeps plugging away. Wiericoh I thought was pretty good tonight. Phillips looks soooooo much better when given a rest.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Anyway. Whatever. It's not as if we are sitting watching he game and cheering everytime Sens get scored on. I stil get mad when our team does the wrong thing. I get mad when we get scored on and I cheer when we score. I would be miserable In a tanking season. Truly miserable. But I believe that it is he best route for us to take to become contenders.

Karlsson has been good lately. Ryan has been great. Hoffman is Hoffman. He might actually be a special player. Turris just keeps plugging away. Wiericoh I thought was pretty good tonight. Phillips looks soooooo much better when given a rest.

I hear ya.

In my dream world, Ottawa wins the Cup in the beginning of June, then wins the draft lotto at the end of June. Hopefully the NHL smartens up and figures out a way to put all 30 teams in the draft lotto (with the top 10 finishers getting like a 1% chance to win...something small enough to make it massively unlikely, but still mathematically possible).

I just hate this concept of just managing to grab onto the last wildcard automatically eliminating the team from any reasonable chance at drafting an impact player.

Sure, upsets do happen in the first round, but most of the time, it's just more beneficial for a team long-term to miss the playoffs instead of being able to play 4-5 games int eh first round and get slaughtered. I honestly think our biggest setback over the past 5 years was that slapfest against Pittsburgh. Go to from just beating Montreal to being completely destroyed in the next round severely damaged the confidence of this team. We haven't been the same since.

It's great for a young team to experience a hard-fought, close 6 or 7 game series (win or lose)......it is horrible for a team to be slaughtered over 4-5 games.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think the ''2nd liners'' are strong enough, especially Turris, that only one more 1st liner is needed.

Yea, this team is 1 top liner and 1 top 2-3 defender away from competing with the best of them.

Whenever Karlsson has a great game, we either win or barely lose. If Karlsson had a good partner, we'd be in twice as many games and probably have twice as good of a chance to win.

If I'm Murray, I'm going after Sekera or a quality D hard.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Maybe it's not a very sexy solution, but not having a title for the PGT at all would have avoided a lot of the off-topic discussion. I missed the game and was heading to the GDT to read the discussion as it happened throughout the game. Unfortunately the title of the PGT gave away a big aspect of the game. I even thought we lost because of it. Even though that's not what happened, it still acted as a spoiler.

I have no issue with the content of the posts themselves though. As ILLESToO said earlier, it's natural for people to criticize what they see during the game. Sometimes there will be overreactions, but you just have to live with them. I enjoy the GDTs. :)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Couldn't watch the game but how depressing to come over here excited about an afternoon win versus Boston of all teams and see so many negative posts, including the thread's title itself.

I guess some people just enjoy being miserable.

Edit: Looking at who made the thread, not surprised that it focuses on the negative DESPITE A WIN against a tough rival.

Avy, you just commented on how negative people are, then complained about a thread title (one that was accurate and humerous). Let that sink in.

If you didn't watch the game, how do you know what Choco was on about?

This PGT is quite a **** show. I'd love to tank and get a Hanifin or Strome, but some of the players we have are too good to let that happen. We might as well cheer for them to succeed rather than to fail. Just accept that wishing failure for our team on a message board is inconsequential to the team's actual performance.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Go Sens Go!

Enjoyed the win, games in Boston where we win are always nice. How about more Hoff on the PP? Wiercioch had a good game, physical too.

Team is playing much better as of late.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yea, this team is 1 top liner and 1 top 2-3 defender away from competing with the best of them.

Whenever Karlsson has a great game, we either win or barely lose. If Karlsson had a good partner, we'd be in twice as many games and probably have twice as good of a chance to win.

If I'm Murray, I'm going after Sekera or a quality D hard.

The problem with Sekera is Carolina is asking the moon for him. It was reported the asking price was a first round pick AND a top prospect (i.e. a Prince, Puempel, etc.)

I just don't want Murray to trade away another first unless it's a young player with a high ceiling i.e. like a Turris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad