Post-Game Talk: Bruins - Senators 1-3-2015 - The One With the Painful Powerplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What's more of a story after a win? Beating a rival in a situation we usually fail in, or the PP?

Sorry but the title is very misleading. You'd think we lost.

There are no spoilers allowed in the PGT title. The major story of this game was the very, very bad power play which, if it wasn't for a lucky skate tip by Hoffman, would have cost them the game.

For one, does the thread title insinuate anything other than the PP was bad? No.

Whatever you're projecting is based on how you view me as 'negative'.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
That's where we've come as a fanbase, we complain after EVERYTHING. If we win the cup, people will start complaining that we're not good enough to win it a second time. I just expect it now.

So stating a flaw is complaining? 5 on 3's are gold mines, let's start digging. If we fix what's wrong.... then there is more chance to win.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Am I wrong in my assessment of the current situation?
What exactly do you expect that the organization should consider doing ... tanking? Wasn't that a perception back in the Sexton era & that didn't go over well with the NHL. In fact, I can think of a number of times this team or players have done something to piss off the league or some team for quite some time. I don't think they need or want to create any more animosity by tanking. They are in the business of trying to do all that they can to win ... not to lose.

Maybe they should be more active on the trade front but we really don't know if they are or are not. Just because a trade hasn't been made yet doesn't mean they are not trying, maybe no one wants the players we are offering in trades & the players they want we don't want to trade. Maybe the budget or money in money out is a problem, we just don't know, it's all just speculation on here.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Oh, I'm sorry, the title was too negative for you? It's great that the team won, but if you don't think it's worth pointing out that they now have a power play that is 0 for 14 including blowing TWO lengthy 5-on-3's then the concept of a post-game discussion is lost on you.

It's funny that you're so overtly positive that any sort of criticism should be forgone because of a win.

It wasn't "too" negative, it was plain negative.

We won.

Against Boston.

In an afternoon game.

And our PGT's title is whiny.

No amount of justification changes that.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I have no idea what the "Tankers" want the team to do to achieve their goal that won't, inherently, damage the franchise going forward.

Trade Anderson? Ok, so do we plan on benching Lehner for Hammond to ensure our other very good goalie doesn't steal games? Or do we hope he sucks and gets lit up so that his own development gets compromised?

Do we cut down the ice time of our best players? Sit Ryan? Hoffman? Stone? Play Phillips on the first PP unit instead of Karlsson?

Do you tell Cameron to stop coaching?

How do you propose the team "tank"?

Trading Legwand, Michalek, Neil, Smith, Greening, Anderson, etc isn't going to do it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have no idea what the "Tankers" want the team to do to achieve their goal that won't, inherently, damage the franchise going forward.

Trade Anderson? Ok, so do we plan on benching Lehner for Hammond to ensure our other very good goalie doesn't steal games? Or do we hope he sucks and gets lit up so that his own development gets compromised?

Do we cut down the ice time of our best players? Sit Ryan? Hoffman? Stone? Play Phillips on the first PP unit instead of Karlsson?

Do you tell Cameron to stop coaching?

How do you propose the team "tank"?

Trading Legwand, Michalek, Neil, Smith, Greening, Anderson, etc isn't going to do it.
They seem to want to get rid of everyone over 25 yrs of age. I guess they would be happy with a team of kids & probably all Swedes. Maybe we can trade everyone we have for the junior Swedish team. :laugh:

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I think Ottawa needs Dylan Strome or Mitch Marner or Oliver Kylington as much any other guy, but I simply cannot cheer for the team to lose. I physically cannot, I jumped out of my chair in excitement when Ryan got that goal.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well, next time you can actually watch the game and make the PGT yourself. You can call it "I think everything is awesome" PGT.

Ohhhh low blow.

Whether I watched the game or not doesn't change the fact that there's one more W in the proper column.

Anyway, I'm over it. Just thought it was whiny under the circumstances(in which we usually lose, badly).

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
All of the above would be my guess. :laugh:

I imagine if I was on the blue line, the netting above the glass would need replacing every period.

It can't be easy to get those pucks through all those bodies and sticks.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok. Lets be bad for next 5. Ryan, Karlsson, Turris, MacArthur, Anderson, Methot are all past their prime or ask to be traded or take UFA route in this time. Whats next ?
Next 5 ? We are few pieces away of being very good team now. Make trade or be active in UFA market. We can tank after all mentioned players quit.
I didn't mean five starting right now.
Or five literally.
And exactly!!! We are only a few peices away. But one very key peice. That can almost only be acquired by drafting it.

You think karlsson and Turris are past their prime in 5 years? Wow. Crappy window we have set ourselves up for. And methot is past his prime right now lol.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It wasn't "too" negative, it was plain negative.

We won.

Against Boston.

In an afternoon game.

And our PGT's title is whiny.

No amount of justification changes that.

Yea so? We won. We played really well. Karlsson played well. Ryan played awesome.
...... Our powerplay still sucked. What's the issue.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think Ottawa needs Dylan Strome or Mitch Marner or Oliver Kylington as much any other guy, but I simply cannot cheer for the team to lose. I physically cannot, I jumped out of my chair in excitement when Ryan got that goal.

Yeah so did I. And I have been preaching tank since about the 15th game of the season. Love to win. A tanking season wouldn't exactly be "easy".

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
I didn't mean five starting right now.
Or five literally.
And exactly!!! We are only a few peices away. But one very key peice. That can almost only be acquired by drafting it.

We can't buy it? We have the lowest budget in the nhl.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I find this funny because in the playoffs when it mattered most and they were head to head Price sieved it up well most montreal fans were quick to say the sens sucked and that andy stole the series.
What's your argument? Andy > price?
Yeah andy was better than price over a 7 game series two years ago. Price is now the best goalie on earth. Single handedly carried his team into the conference finals. Not through one round and then proceed to get lit up in the second.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's where we've come as a fanbase, we complain after EVERYTHING. If we win the cup, people will start complaining that we're not good enough to win it a second time. I just expect it now.
For sure. If we win the cup. I'll be on here saying we should have won it in 16 games. And if karlsson wins the conn smythe I'll say his defensive play didn't warrant it. Straight up homie.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What's your argument? Andy > price?
Yeah andy was better than price over a 7 game series two years ago. Price is now the best goalie on earth. Single handedly carried his team into the conference finals. Not through one round and then proceed to get lit up in the second.

Nashville's Pekke Rinne is pretty good. :nod:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'll take Quick over Price. Price is a pretty awesome goalie. Weird GDT it seems like. Glad I don't really read em much anymore. At least during the actual game I don't anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad