Proposal: Bruins - Sabres

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
If Bergeron and Krejci is retiring and Bruins decide to do a retool, they have a few pieces that will return a lot that could be available. Buffalo seem like a good tradepartner, even if its inside division. Buffalo`s biggest needs are a goalie and a stellar 3-4D. Boston need C:s and cap/picks

Buffalo get:

G Swayman RFA extension in the 3-4M range
D Carlo 4.1M UFA 2027

Boston get:

C Mittelstadt 2.5M RFA 2024
D Jokiharju 2.5M RFA 2024
G Luukkonen .837M RFA 2024
1st 2024 top5 protected

Would you do it?

Last edited:

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
If Bergeron and Krejci is retiring and Bruins decide to do a retool, they have a few pieces that will return a lot that could be available. Buffalo seem like a good tradepartner, even if its inside division. Buffalo`s biggest needs are a goalie and a stellar 3-4D. Boston need C:s and cap/picks

Buffalo get:

D Carlo 4.1M UFA 2027

Boston get:

G Luukkonen 8.37M RFA 2024
1st 2024 top5 protected

Would you do it?
No

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Buffalo get:

D Carlo 4.1M UFA 2027

Boston get:

G Luukkonen 8.37M RFA 2024
1st 2024 top5 protected

Would you do it?

Damn 8.37M for Luukkonen? :O

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Paying full value for assets from a cap strapped team makes no sense. Zero reason to move Mittelstadt, but Joki and UPL could move for upgrades. Saying that, I'd rather see who's available via UFA for a couple years contract then ever deal with the Bruins.
Swayman is a really good goalie and Carlo a pretty good stay-at-home D, locked up for years. Ideal partner for Power. Thoose dont come cheap. Carlo is RHD and 6,7, 220pnds. +41 on the year. He is a bargain at his age, size for that price

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
No. Again, the idea of Boston moving pieces with value ie Debrusk, Carlo, Swayman Vs Coyle, Hall, Forbort, Grzelcyk would not be just for cap relief but to improve a weakness. It’s clear Boston needs centers moving forward. I like Mittlestadt but he’s just not better than Zacha or Coyle and he certainly isn’t a top line guy so he’s just not a fit. The rest of the package in a vacuum is fine but it’s lesser pieces replacing better ones for the price of a 1st.

Can’t see that being worth it for the B’s.

These teams are not good fits as what Buffalo needs and what Boston would want aren’t realistic.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I like how fans think that because Bergeron and Krejci might retire that Boston will just sell off the entire team.

The last time they did that was over 15 years ago.

Boston has players teams want to win.
If they want them they will have to give talent and youth in return.
End of discussion.

As for the cap, not worried. We have UFAs that wont be resigned and new core players that will be. We wont be a basement team after Bergeron retires no matter how much everyone else is drooling for us to be. Our GM has made sure of that. Center will be a weakness, but that can be fixed with a single trade.

This trade helps Boston zero percent. We get worse, not better. Sorry, pass.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Buffalo get:

D Carlo 4.1M UFA 2027

Boston get:

G Luukkonen .837M RFA 2024
1st 2024 top5 protected

Would you do it?
Easy no for BOS

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Do you realise that Mittelstadt has 50+ on the 3rd line for Buffalo? It`s not like its only spare-parts.
It might be a personal preference here, but I have zero interest in Mittelstadt.
Zacha is doing great as our Krejci replacement. We need a 1C for Bergeron when he retires. I don't see Mittelstadt as that. Coyle at 3 C is a lock and 4C we have a very good Nosek, eventually Beecher. 3 of our 4 C positions are filled post-retirement. That's why people are mentioning Couzins so much. Boston's need is a franchise C, not a middle 6 guy.

Now, do you want to prove he is a future 1C on a playoff team?
Go right ahead. Would be an interesting conversation, no doubt.
But simply making him the centerpiece in a Deal where Boston gives up a lot is insufficient. You are going to have to sell him to the posters here.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Goalie problem will be solved by itself in Buffalo.

Levi and Luukko are two fine young goalies.

Buffalo will be next year NJD. They're on the verge of turning the corner.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Sabres trading for Swayman is...silly.

I would be interested in Carlo at 4 more years, 4.1 million but he would cost a ton. And why not sign Clifton, 5 years, 4.6 million and not trade any assets.

I'd let Mitts cook another year he is trending up and knocking on the door of the core.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
We need a 1C for Bergeron when he retires.
I do know that. However, Carlo and Swayman dont get you a 1C. Mittelstadt will probably peak out as a serviceable 2C. He is the replacement for Krejci. For a 1C you have to pay. Pay a shitload or overpay in UFA for a 28+

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad