Recalled/Assigned: Bruins Recall Noel Acciari from Providence

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He tried to anticipate a cut back pass with that stutter step, which opened up that passing lane.

On the rush, that was the one incident in which our defense broke down.

Trust me, I like the kid, but he made a mistake there.

No way is that goal on him

There's always blame to go around when a goal is given up, but in this instance most of the blame goes on McQuad IMO. The B's were still in good position on that rush until McQuaid inexplicably slid over to the left when Liles was already there, allowing a lane and pass to Fleischmann. He stays put and that goal never happens, regardless of what Acciari did.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kid`s played well in two games, made a few young mistakes, one that helped the Hawks pop a goal last night but with youth/inexperience, there`s mistakes and some fans screaming for more kids playing, would be killing CJ/Sweeney for having such a young lineup in place as these mistakes often wind up in the back of the net in this league

Like his energy, like his 3 zone maturity and apparently so too does CJ as his TOI increased last night

yup, seeing it increase even with the time spent in the box is a good sign

Seems like Claude likes the kid

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
A fair, reasoned, honest assessment of a Bruins player in HF Boards? What the hell is going on around here?!?!:laugh:

I agree with most, he's two games in to his NHL career and he's looking good so far. There will be mistakes along the way, but that's to be expected. Hope he sticks for a while!

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I think there is a trickle up effect that has happened with the fourth line.

Connolly and Acciari seem to have made a world of difference in the energy of the other three.

Love this combination and I hope they continue to play well. Acciari has impressed the hell out of me. What a difference him over Kemppainen makes.

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
I'm not a fan of 3 RH shots on the 4th line, but when the LH options are Kemp & Talbot (and Rinaldo when he's not getting himself suspended), then I suppose Clod has little choice but to see how Acciari performs before he starts costing games.
Vatrano & Koko don't kill penalties, so they would be of little use there.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
It sounds to me (could be wrong), Kelly will return at some point this year.
I think I can absolutely get behind a Kelly/Acciari/Ferraro 4th line.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I'm OK with Acciari being Claude's new binkie

Smart, tough as nails player.

Seems to have everything, but a shot and offensive creativity. Altho, he's got some skills to him, just not top 6ish. Good 4th line center type.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It sounds to me (could be wrong), Kelly will return at some point this year.
I think I can absolutely get behind a Kelly/Acciari/Ferraro 4th line.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, if Kelly could shake the rust off pretty quickly.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He was 6-10 on faceoffs, including winning five of six against Richards. Not bad, kid.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Acciari hands are down to his waist and hit Orpik with his chest into Orpik's shoulder.....and Orpik gets the worst of it.....cleanest hit I've ever saw...

Loved it when I realized it was a small guy that bowled over that turtle. Well, loved it when I realized it was that turtle that got bowled over period.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
that hit is a thing of beauty, I saw some Caps fans crying about it but it is hilarious because if anybody went high there it is Orpik :laugh:

Orpik is not small at all. Acciari is gonna be a problem for other teams.

jdz

May 22, 2013
that hit is a thing of beauty, I saw some Caps fans crying about it but it is hilarious because if anybody went high there it is Orpik :laugh:

Orpik is not small at all. Acciari is gonna be a problem for other teams.

Acciari's jaw protector thing hit orpik in the face and cut him open...which certainly didnt help orpik's cause :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad