Recalled/Assigned: Bruins Recall Noel Acciari from Providence

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I think he can at least bring the speed and checking that Rinaldo brought.

Here’s what one NHL scout from a Western Conference team had to say about Acciari after multiple viewings of the player: “High energy, hard-working 2-way center. The kids motor never stops. Average size but gets his nose dirty and plays really hard. Will need some time in AHL, but he has 4th line/checking upside, and is smart. Think Antoine Roussel minus the fighting and agitating, or a Derek McKenzie type. Just loves to play.â€

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/report-bruins-signing-friars-center-acciari-two-year-deal

toreykingkrug

Nov 28, 2014
I remember Dom once mentioned you can only call up 4 in regular season unless it's emergency.We've reached to 4 already, how did that work?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I remember Dom once mentioned you can only call up 4 in regular season unless it's emergency.We've reached to 4 already, how did that work?

That's actually the reverse of how it works. You can send down as many guys as you want before the deadline (with the risk of waiver claims, NMCs kicking in, etc.) After the deadline, it's 4 plus emergencies.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2013/7/26/4548948/getting-to-know-the-cba-episode-7-waivers

As for call-ups, teams are limited to four regular call-ups between the trade deadline and the end of the regular season, except in cases of emergency recall (the team has fewer than 2 goalies, 6 D-men, or 12 forwards healthy), or in cases when the players minor club is completely done with their season and playoffs.

Once the playoffs start, the rules stay roughly the same, except they're limited to only having either three or four players on their active roster who were recalled between the Trade Deadline and the end of the regular season (you can only have four of them if you used four of them during that time period). Emergency recalls and players recalled from teams whose seasons are over follow the same rules as above.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Good for Noel. He's worked his ass off from day one. I would say it makes sense in that if Claude is going to play every kid up from Providence expecting them to be a gritty spark plug, then call up a gritty spark plug.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
That's actually the reverse of how it works. You can send down as many guys as you want before the deadline (with the risk of waiver claims, NMCs kicking in, etc.) After the deadline, it's 4 plus emergencies.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2013/7/26/4548948/getting-to-know-the-cba-episode-7-waivers

That's what I meant about Miller. This is 1/4 call-ups now. He actually waited until after the deadline and wasted it, but I can't figure out why. HE couldn't call him up at 2:55 today?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
That's what I meant about Miller. This is 1/4 call-ups now. He actually waited until after the deadline and wasted it, but I can't figure out why. HE couldn't call him up at 2:55 today?

Is there any news anywhere to say when the transaction itself actually took place? Nevermind, the tweet itself said the recall will happen tomorrow. That's unfortunate.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Asked in other Noel Acciari thread so maybe we can merge these two:

Why didn't Sweeney recall him before the deadline? Doesn't this count as 1/4 of their call-ups now after the deadline?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
The 4th line should end up consisting of 3 of these guys: Acciari, Randell, Ferraro, Connolly, Hayes.

I think one of Acciari/Ferraro will be the center. How do you all think the line will look?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad