Recalled/Assigned: Bruins Recall Cunningham and Khokhlachev

David Krejci*

I know what you are saying, but that's unfair to Koko. I cant think of another Russian kid who has been as committed to playing in North America and working his way toward a shot at the Cup.

Yeah it probably is unfair to him on a personal level, but with the Bruins having a window here, I don't want to mess around with it. I know he played in the OHL and that's great, but I would just rather them go in another direction. It'd be one thing if he was 6'3 and physical AND skilled like Soderberg, but I look at Koko and I just see another small, soft, skilled Russian, and I think "Washington" or something, I don't know. I'm not saying dump him for nothing, if he has value and can bring something of worth in return though, I wouldn't hesitate in moving him.

Stereotypes do exist for a reason, and while he may be the exception to the rule, as a team that needs to win right now, I would look to package him for something. It'd be different if we were rebuilding or something, and like I said we already have Spooner in the pipeline, I just don't think it'd be good to have two tiny forwards playing in your (projected) top 6, unless they're like frigging Martin St. Louis or something, which they are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dueman1

Sep 28, 2003
CT
Visit site
Saw the baby B's play in Bridgeport today. Guys who stood out to me were Florek, Cunningham(he's got wheels), spooner, warsofsky and Tommy Cross. Koko looked decent on the PP but otherwise didnt see a whole lot to be excited about and I followed him on a lot of shifts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad