Recalled/Assigned: Bruins Recall Cunningham and Khokhlachev

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Nice to see Koko get a shot:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=705731

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, Thursday, February 20, that the club has recalled forwards Craig Cunningham and Alexander Khokhlachev from Providence (American Hockey League). Cunningham and Khokhlachev will join the team for Thursday's practice in Wilmington, MA.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Really weird timing. Just for practice? Or will Bergy/Loui be coming back late?

Either way I'd love to see what KoKo can do. He's been terrific in the AHL this season, looks like the real deal for sure.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Seems like a potential showcase to me. Can't say I'd be pumped to see Koko going anywhere.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think it's practice players while #37 and 21 are out; gives Cunningham some extra cash and rewards his very strong play - I went Sunday and posted as such during game; Koko gets rewarded as well and gets close to his goal as he's been- kid battles and the puck finds him or is it the other way around

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It's for practice. Koko is playing Krejci's role, skating between Lucic and Iginla. A little reward and a nice paycheck boost.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 20m
Temporary practice lines: Lucic-Khokhlachev-Iginla, Marchand-Söderberg-Smith, Paille-Kelly-Cunningham, Caron-Campbell-Thornton ^CS

Yep. Cunningham is in Loui's role, too. Yeti taking over for Bergy, KoKo has Krejci.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Chances are you will see Loui, Bergy, and Rask miss a game or two when they get back. Might as well give the kids a look-see in their absence.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Really weird timing. Just for practice? Or will Bergy/Loui be coming back late?

Either way I'd love to see what KoKo can do. He's been terrific in the AHL this season, looks like the real deal for sure.

Noone who plays Sunday in the Gold medal should play Weds. Would just be stupid. They need a week off after the extra games. If Canada beats USA I don't think we'd let Bergy play Wednesday same if Loui wins.

Im happy Koko is getting called up as well. Good to take a look and see how far away he is.

If Finland wins tomorrow a goalie will be called up Saturday without question and Tuukka's first start will be next Sat against the Caps.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
hope koko gets a real look this year if the bruins clinch early

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
They'll be both be gone by tomorrow, Florek and Lindblad will be up in their place and all 4 will be playing for Providence on Saturday

Move along, these are not the droids you're looking for

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm just assuming it's bodies to fill practice spots

OR

It's a cap move.

Basically, they have to use up Savard LTIR before placing Seidenberg on LTIR to get the most benefit from it and will return them once Seids is placed on LTIR.

member 96824

I'm just assuming it's bodies to fill practice spots

OR

It's a cap move.

Basically, they have to use up Savard LTIR before placing Seidenberg on LTIR to get the most benefit from it and will return them once Seids is placed on LTIR.

So basically, they need to get to 68.4ish before adding Seids to LTIR?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So basically, they need to get to 68.4ish before adding Seids to LTIR?

To get the most benefit yes. They can put him on anytime they choose but will get more benefit by using up Savard's, adding Seid's and then returning whoever they call up.

Best explanation I can find for you in layman's terms:

These simple examples illustrate why teams in LTI situations often make what sometimes appear to be inexplicable one-day recalls and demotions. They’re manipulating their team’s cap payroll or Averaged Club Salary in order to maximize their cap space going forward.

http://capgeek.com/faq/how-does-long-term-injured-reserve-LTIR-work

member 96824

To get the most benefit yes. They can put him on anytime they choose but will get more benefit by using up Savard's, adding Seid's and then returning whoever they call up.

Best explanation I can find for you in layman's terms:

http://capgeek.com/faq/how-does-long-term-injured-reserve-LTIR-work

Makes sense, basically, it gives them a higher daily cap ceiling if they can get full use out of both LTIR's.

Now, will they use that money at the deadline...that's the question

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad