Recalled/Assigned: Bruins recall Brian Ferlin

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Ferlin's game (big, fast, physical, great on the boards/cycle) looks to be a perfect compliment to Bergeron on the RW.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Reminds me of Paille when we first brought him in. Phenomenal 4th liner who can be moved around the lineup. Very talented, he did well in his college career. Hopefully he has some better hands than Pie :laugh:

I hope he's here to stay. He's done nothing but good so far, you can tell Claude LOVES him. He plays his kind of game. We need younger guys like him and Cunningham on the 4th line. He's very strong on the puck and can skate well. He has the skills to be even better than a 3rd/4th liner eventually, too. A guy as big and strong as him already has something that a lot of NHL players desire. Can't wait to watch him grow, hopefully this is only the beginning for him.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Move him up the lines Clode, this kid is gooooooood. Loved his game, that quick release snap that just missed top corner was lovely to see from a Bruins player

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
John Scott has better hands than Paille.

Seriously.

John Scott actually looked decent against LA but god dammit he is so strong and so BIG, him and Chara throwing down would be a sight to see, he annhilated people last night not even skating hard, Greene **** his pants when Scott was asking him to go

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Ferlin's game (big, fast, physical, great on the boards/cycle) looks to be a perfect compliment to Bergeron on the RW.

Think its much too early to say that Smitty is expendable, but I certainly think you nailed it. I've always thought highly of this kid, ever since they drafted him. He is so strong on the puck, and great on the boards, he would fit like a glove with Marchand and Bergeron. Would certainly like that going forward. There is zero reason this kid shouldn't stick the remainder of the season. He's earned it in the AHL, and so far he's earned it here. Limited minutes his first two games and he's making the most of them.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Think its much too early to say that Smitty is expendable, but I certainly think you nailed it. I've always thought highly of this kid, ever since they drafted him. He is so strong on the puck, and great on the boards, he would fit like a glove with Marchand and Bergeron. Would certainly like that going forward. There is zero reason this kid shouldn't stick the remainder of the season. He's earned it in the AHL, and so far he's earned it here. Limited minutes his first two games and he's making the most of them.

Someone strong on the puck is exactly what Patrice/ Brad need.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
He played well in both his games so far. To me he projects as a quality 4th liner. It seems like a longshot that he will become a top 6 forward and play with Bergeron and Marchand. Those guys aren't that big but are actually good in the corners, especially Bergeron. I see a better complement as someone who is skilled who can find open spaces and be a dangerous shooter.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Trade Smith for Kassian and Loui ++ for a mobile Dman

Lucic--Krejci/Spooner--Pasta
Marchand--Bergeron--Ferlin
Kelly--Soderberg--Kassian

Finally would have some size on each and every line to play a style of game that requires some size.

It blows my mind that we employ the style we do with maybe the smallest average forwards in the league. No wonder Ferlin looked so good out there --we need big guys that can play this system!

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Like everyone else I just love this kid's game, the combination of size, speed, grit and hockey sense is impressive, big boost to our 4th line with the potential to move up a line or two.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Move him up the lines Clode, this kid is gooooooood. Loved his game, that quick release snap that just missed top corner was lovely to see from a Bruins player

disagree, finally ice a 4th line with some puck pursuit ability, he is right where he should be IMO

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
It's still too early to move Ferlin up to a higher line. If he continues progressing, however, he could arrive before the end of the season.

Smith, though he's a RW, is a LH shot. No reason he could not team up with Soda and Loui. He made a nifty pass yesterday for the first goal. Kids only 23, in his second full season. He had 20 last year and could reach that milestone again this year.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
he's got great wheels, great size, and i dont think he lost a puck battle all day.

seeing him single-handedly outwork chicago's D on the soups goal was extremely impressive, given the lack of a discernible forecheck from the fourth unit of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad