Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign Warsofsky

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Agree, you guys o this board don't get it. You value Krug more than the Bruins.

Trust me, Gobs... We're not all a bunch of ****in' morons. We like Krug for what he brings to the team. We get it fine.

As for Warsofsky and to a certain extent Grzelcyk, I'm not sure what we're going to do with all of these good young and small defensemen in the system. Do we have room on the blueline for two of them at the same time (let alone three)? Any good defenses recently feature two decidedly undersized defenseman?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Trust me, Gobs... We're not all a bunch of ****in' morons. We like Krug for what he brings to the team. We get it fine.

As for Warsofsky and to a certain extent Grzelcyk, I'm not sure what we're going to do with all of these good young and small defensemen in the system. Do we have room on the blueline for two of them at the same time (let alone three)? Any good defenses recently feature two decidedly undersized defenseman?

Great post, what were seeing here is a win win situation for this organization.

You draft for two reasons, hopes of developing, promoting within essentially keeping costs down.

Or you develop a prospect to the point where they are "ready", and if they are ready and your team has no spot for them, ideal time to move that player for an asset/void in your lineup<<< This is where I see Spoons being on the move

Chia appears to be in a nice spot here. I have no clue where the B`s stand as an organization in regards to having some pieces other teams might covet/value, but I`d suggest he has more than one or two prospects that would have others very interested in acquiring

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I refer to them as The Lolipop Guild.

Simply put if in your cupboard you need a can of corn, beans and carrots and you have three cans of corn, something gotta happen.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
green-giant-garden-medley-14743.jpg

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
And I agree with you. Also, I'd add Marchand to the list. Best way to get space, IMO.
Thank god you're not running this team. Best way to get cap space is to move our best offensive d-man who revitalized our PP and our 2nd line LW? Yeah, that makes sense! Maybe you should just stop, your Krug for Chris Phillips trade proposal was perhaps the worst trade I've seen proposed in months, which is saying something with all nonsense coming from the Trade Board on a daily basis.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Liked how he played in boston. Can anyone compare/contrast the differences between him and krug? Curious if he could be just as effective given how well he seemed to handle the point on the PP. What does krug do that warsofsky doesn't I guess is my question. I know that krug is a lefty and David is a eighty but what else differs them?

OK Count -- those of you torturously familiar with my Krug/Warsofsky/Bartkowski blabber, feel free to change the channel -- here goes:

Both are left shots, both are short and both are Americans.

Krug has a wider frame and Warsofsky is faster zone to zone, easier speed.

Krug has a thick body with thick legs and can battle bigger forwards in the corners with some success (but the Bruins want him not to engage that way as much as he does -- they think he made progress in this dept. during the last season, allowing him more energy for offense).

Warsofsky is sleeker and was forced to develop strong containment techniques using his stick position that the Bruins want Krug to do more of and have to prove himself physically less of.

I disagree with the poster who said Warsofsky is a better passer. Krug is amazing flinging around the puck IMO forehand and backhand, hilarious to watch. They're both pretty good. Warsofsky is smoother on the breakout because his open-ice stride is superior and he gains separation and gets trappers to back off. They can close quickly on Krug in the middle, but Krug's lateral movement is strong and that -- and his killer instrinct -- obviously makes him a livelier attacker. If you could have Warsofsky's game in transition and Krug's game in the attacking zone, you'd probably have something resembling Erik Karlsson.

Krug got the recall ahead of Warsofsky in 2013 because his game was peaking when the need arrived. He knocked it out of the park vs. Henrik Lundqvist and that was that.

Warsofsky plays a quieter game, but during the 2014 Calder Cup playoffs (and most of the second half of the AHL season) absolutely looked like an NHL player in the AHL game. Always one thought ahead of the opponent, always made the right play, always made a clean play. Defended well (which is key). I'll be disappointed if the Bruins don't trade him to a place where he can compete for an NHL job (little doubt that is the plan for him and Bart).

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Thank god you're not running this team. Best way to get cap space is to move our best offensive d-man who revitalized our PP and our 2nd line LW? Yeah, that makes sense! Maybe you should just stop, your Krug for Chris Phillips trade proposal was perhaps the worst trade I've seen proposed in months, which is saying something with all nonsense coming from the Trade Board on a daily basis.

The point was that people need to get over these man crushes they have on certain players. I disagree that Krug "revitalized our PP". IMO moving Chara in front of the net and getting him off of the point did that. I'll submit that having a decent offensive D/O-man playing the point helped a lot. My reference to Marchand was solely for CAP relief. We are deep at LW, he makes 4.5 mil. Yes, trading him and moving one of the youngsters into his spot would hurt but I think trading him is the best way out of our situation. If you come up with a better way post it so everyone can see.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The point was that people need to get over these man crushes they have on certain players. I disagree that Krug "revitalized our PP". IMO moving Chara in front of the net and getting him off of the point did that. I'll submit that having a decent offensive D/O-man playing the point helped a lot. My reference to Marchand was solely for CAP relief. We are deep at LW, he makes 4.5 mil. Yes, trading him and moving one of the youngsters into his spot would hurt but I think trading him is the best way out of our situation. If you come up with a better way post it so everyone can see.

Agreed, if Byron Bitz can be traded.....anyone can don:laugh:

I had a man crush on Caron for a few years based on watching him through Junior then his very solid defensive play at the WJHC`s.

I have come to the conclusion that while I do believe he will be serviceable to some team out there, it ain`t the B`s he will be doing it with and that`s ok.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Agreed, if Byron Bitz can be traded.....anyone can don:laugh:

I had a man crush on Caron for a few years based on watching him through Junior then his very solid defensive play at the WJHC`s.

I have come to the conclusion that while I do believe he will be serviceable to some team out there, it ain`t the B`s he will be doing it with and that`s ok.

I make it a point not to like any player to the point of not being willing to trade him. I'd trade my brother for the right return. What the right return is subjective.

FWIW, I like Bitz and Caron too.:laugh:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

I disagree, krug's puck movement on the blue line and quick instincts on knowing when to pinch and carry the puxk down low is definitely what revitalized the pp.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
And no other player could do that?

Corvo, Kaberle, Kampfer, Hunwick and Wideman couldn't … And we finally have a guy in Torey Krug who can.

It's not about crushes, it's about having someone who can get the job done. It's proven very hard for Chiarelli to find the missing piece of the puzzle over the years, and finally did in Krug. He has absolutely revitalized the power play with his skating ability, crisp passing and overall ability to move the puck, and offensive instincts.

Not sure why there's even an argument for moving him right now :dunno:

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Corvo, Kaberle, Kampfer, Hunwick and Wideman couldn't … And we finally have a guy in Torey Krug who can.

It's not about crushes, it's about having someone who can get the job done. It's proven very hard for Chiarelli to find the missing piece of the puzzle over the years, and finally did in Krug. He has absolutely revitalized the power play with his skating ability, crisp passing and overall ability to move the puck, and offensive instincts.

Not sure why there's even an argument for moving him right now :dunno:

The best argument I can think of, he's not signed so, I assume, he's asking for a boatload of money.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
The best argument I can think of, he's not signed so, I assume, he's asking for a boatload of money.

Why would you assume that? Just because he isn't signed yet?

Take a look around the league and see how many teams have good young players that have yet to be inked to contracts. Look at how many of them have more bargaining options than Krug does. Look at their respective team's cap situations. And tell me that they're all looking for giant paychecks and that's the only reason they're not signed.

I expect Krug to be signed just as other pieces fall into place for this roster. I think that's a far more probable than Krug asking for too much money.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Krug is so dangerous in the offensive zone. Seems like most of his decisions end up in scoring chances. Has the Bourque like ability of getting the puck to the net from the point. And is very good at keeping the puck in the offensive zone. Some people keep forgetting he was a rookie Dman last year. And everybody knows its usually longer to develop Dmen. Krug can and will improve/develop his already average defensive game. I'm sure that if Krug was 6'1" there wouldn't be as many trade propositions & doubting his talent, instead there'd be a lot of "Krug a future Norris contender" threads. And its understandable, even NHL GMs pass over players like MSL, Rafalski, & Boyle for one reason or other. With all due respect to Warsofsky, comparing him to Krug right now is like comparing Chris Bourque to Marchand based on their AHL numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad