Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign Warsofsky

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Bruins sign Warsofsky to a One Year/ Two Way Deal....

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474660

Liked how he played in boston. Can anyone compare/contrast the differences between him and krug? Curious if he could be just as effective given how well he seemed to handle the point on the PP. What does krug do that warsofsky doesn't I guess is my question. I know that krug is a lefty and David is a eighty but what else differs them?

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Liked how he played in boston. Can anyone compare/contrast the differences between him and krug? Curious if he could be just as effective given how well he seemed to handle the point on the PP. What does krug do that warsofsky doesn't I guess is my question. I know that krug is a lefty and David is a eighty but what else differs them?

From what I have seen and what others had said, he seems to be a softer Krug. Same skill set, tad faster, but softer in the defensive zone.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

Warsofsky is a better puck mover. Warsofsky skates better/faster, and is a better passer. At the NHL level he is a bit hesitant in jumping up in the play.

Krug plays Physical, and is a better goal scorer, better shot, more confident. Since he shoots more I would say he is better on the PP as well.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I think he's gone to be honest with you. Sounds like it's going to be a sign and trade. Would've probably of given him a two year deal similar to Trotman's if he was sticking around.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
What is Chia doing signing all these useless players? We are in Cap jail! Doesn't he know it? And he still has Krug and Smith to sign and at least 1D to trade! Wake up Chia! Stop evaluating!

D-

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Maybe an offer sheet for a current RFA would be the ticket to dispel some of the pessimism on here... no wait, we're over the cap so scratch that.:naughty:

77bestever*

What is Chia doing signing all these useless players? We are in Cap jail! Doesn't he know it? And he still has Krug and Smith to sign and at least 1D to trade! Wake up Chia! Stop evaluating!

D-

None of these guys are useless. They are bottom half 5-6-7-8 dmen. But they are not useless.

Defensmen are like Pitching. You can never have to many. I just hope he can parlay one of two like KRUG Plus (Spooner), Plus for a bigtime Dman.....That's what I think he has up his sleeve.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I liked his play from what I remember. I remember one game he played in the bruins were Down a goal and I jokingly said "warsofsky is going to tie it.'
And a little while later he skated into the offensive zone and just slapped one home short side top corner.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Warsofsky is a better puck mover. Warsofsky skates better/faster, and is a better passer. At the NHL level he is a bit hesitant in jumping up in the play.

Krug plays Physical, and is a better goal scorer, better shot, more confident. Since he shoots more I would say he is better on the PP as well.

DW is smaller and faster. Is he a better passer? Not sure how you judge that, he might make better breakout passes I guess. I don't buy that he is a better passer from the point

Offensive zone (and PP) there is no real comparison. Krug is a far superior player. It is not even a tiny bit close. The year they played together Krug was a rookie and DW was in his second year, Krug outscored him 45-17

A Healthy Kelly*

None of these guys are useless. They are bottom half 5-6-7-8 dmen. But they are not useless.

Defensmen are like Pitching. You can never have to many. I just hope he can parlay one of two like KRUG Plus (Spooner), Plus for a bigtime Dman.....That's what I think he has up his sleeve.

you can't have too many of anything when you're lacking in other key areas

also, i hope the type of trade proposal you suggested does not happen

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Waiting for a Kevin Hayes signing since the Pastrmania is dying down...need something to distract from the real issues.
From what I read, Hayes can't be signed until Aug. 15th as the Hawks still have control over his services until that point.

Wouldn't it be funny if Warsofsky turn out to be a decent player for the B's or another team in a trade, while Sobodka has defected to Europe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad