Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIII

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
brother can you read??

"I have had my issues with some of the stuff Edward has done, but not on this night."

really good chance that the headbutt fits under the "had my issues" category
brother can you read?

man said this: "That's the problem with these video clips and why I refuse to post them. They don't tell any story." despite having recently posted an apparent snapshot of his TV of the same player being discussed.

So he claims to have a problem with others posting video clips of prospects because they lack sufficient context, when he himself has posted far less substantial media with far less context.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
brother can you read?

man said this: "That's the problem with these video clips and why I refuse to post them. They don't tell any story." despite having recently posted an apparent snapshot of his TV of the same player being discussed.

So he claims to have a problem with others posting video clips of prospects because they lack sufficient context, when he himself has posted far less substantial media with far less context.
It was a head butt. One of the dirtiest plays in the game. Enexusable and suspendable. What further context could you possibly want?

Also, my response wasn't to the person who posted the video, but the person who formed his opinion here based on that video.

Feel free to PM me if you wish to continue this. I'd be glad too. I'm not supposed to be posting in this thread.

Reactions: dangermike

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
It was a head butt. One of the dirtiest plays in the game. Enexusable and suspendable. What further context could you possibly want?

Also, my response wasn't to the person who posted the video, but the person who formed his opinion here based on that video.

Feel free to PM me if you wish to continue this. I'd be glad too. I'm not supposed to be posting in this thread.
I admit I read the situation wrong, so my apologies.
However it doesn't reflect on my knowledge of the game, I have watched hockey all my life and even played some when I was young.
GO Bruins!

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
We're #1.....we're #1 !!!!!!!! :cheer: :partytime: :wave:

Oh wait - it's listed in reverse order. :thumbd:

Prospect rankings from ESPN.

32. Boston Bruins

After graduating Matthew Poitras and Mason Lohrei this season, the Bruins are the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air standing in an empty room meme; Fabian Lysell plays the part of Will Smith in this iteration. Lysell took another positive step the AHL this season, notching a near point-per-game pace. He has a chance to be a skilled player in the middle six for the Bruins and should get a look out of camp next season.

Jonathan Myrenberg took a positive step, playing regular minutes in the SHL this season, but is a long shot to play NHL minutes. Notably, Jaxon Nelson isn't officially part of the ranking because he is 24, but the recently signed NCAA free agent has a chance to play a bottom-six role in the NHL as a physical, forechecking presence.

Full rankings list: Ranking every NHL team's prospect pipeline: Why the Sabres are No. 1

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This is what’s so silly about these things.

E36E69BC-D92D-4F9F-9EB1-FFFD64A7A4EE.jpeg

They count Poitras as a full time player so no credit for him as a prospect. Didn’t get much credit for him last year either. So Bruins get no impact from Poitras in their “prospect rankings”

Arbitrarily cutting the age off at 22 hurts a team like the Bruins in these rankings because they’re picking later and signing UDFAs. So Merkulov isn’t considered a “prospect” now? Or Bussi. Or Lohrei (who certainly isn’t a full time player).

All of these players are prospects by any stretch of the word.

But now people can laugh about it or whatever.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Remember, we don’t need a boatload of prospects that are stars. We need maybe one or two every year to excel in their development. The team isn’t a sub .500 team. ESPN lol. Mentions Myrenberg, who is watching him?

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When was the last time the Bruins placed higher than the bottom third in these prospect rankings? Lists are just opinions. Facts are, the Bruins have a good amount of players they drafted playing at positions all over the lineup and they continue to churn out quality players despite these rankings.

They do need to "hit" soon on at least one top 6 forward ( hopefully Lysell, maybe Merkulov ) internally with Marchand getting into his hockey golden years and DeBrusk looking at free agency this summer.

Heinen -- XXX -- Pasta

Marchand -- XXX -- DeBrusk

Frederic -- Poitras -- XXXXX

Lauko -- Beecher -- XXXX

Gryz -- McAvoy

XXX -- Carlo

Lohrei -- XXX

Swayman
XXX

Reactions: Alan Ryan and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
When was the last time the Bruins placed higher than the bottom third in these prospect rankings? Lists are just opinions. Facts are, the Bruins have a good amount of players they drafted playing at positions all over the lineup and they continue to churn out quality players despite these rankings.

They do need to "hit" soon on at least one top 6 forward ( hopefully Lysell, maybe Merkulov ) internally with Marchand getting into his hockey golden years and DeBrusk looking at free agency this summer.

Heinen -- XXX -- Pasta

Marchand -- XXX -- DeBrusk

Frederic -- Poitras -- XXXXX

Lauko -- Beecher -- XXXX

Gryz -- McAvoy

XXX -- Carlo

Lohrei -- XXX

Swayman
XXX
46th best prospect pool in that time, behind some SEL and KHL teams even

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Hook and Kegs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Week in review

Maine lost 5-2 Keyser did not dress

Swift Current begins round 2 tonight

London won 5-3, Edward 2 assists 2 shots +2 and 2 minutes in penalties, they lead 1-0

Gallagher zeros across the board 2-1 OT loss
Expect him in the portal by Tuesday Night

Jellvik zeros
Gasseau 2 shots 2 for 3 faceoffs 4-0 win

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday Wrap

Jellvik 2 shots
Gasseau 4 shots 1 for 2 faceoffs BC falls short losing 2-0
Gasseau had a decent year,Jellvik had an excellent year leading to speculation Jellvik might turn pro,I believe both will be back for a 3rd year

In Maine
They lost 4-3,Mast had 4 shots, Keyser didn't dress, appears they are 2 points out with 1 game remaining

In the OHL, the Spring of Jackson Edward continues, 1 goal, 1 assist 3 shots +2 6 minutes in penalties 2nd 🌟 5-1 win
London up 2-0

Dyck 25 saves, pulled after the 7th goal,
7-2 loss
Series 1-1

Pelosi had the night off as Sioux Falls wins 8-1
They start playoffs Monday vs Tri City, best of 3

Hendrickson 1 goal 6 shots 4-2 loss
Dubuque has a bye

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Saturday Wrap

Jellvik 2 shots
Gasseau 4 shots 1 for 2 faceoffs BC falls short losing 2-0
Gasseau had a decent year,Jellvik had an excellent year leading to speculation Jellvik might turn pro,I believe both will be back for a 3rd year

In Maine
They lost 4-3,Mast had 4 shots, Keyser didn't dress, appears they are 2 points out with 1 game remaining

In the OHL, the Spring of Jackson Edward continues, 1 goal, 1 assist 3 shots +2 6 minutes in penalties 2nd 🌟 5-1 win
London up 2-0

Dyck 25 saves, pulled after the 7th goal,
7-2 loss
Series 1-1

Pelosi had the night off as Sioux Falls wins 8-1
They start playoffs Monday vs Tri City, best of 3

Hendrickson 1 goal 6 shots 4-2 loss
Dubuque has a bye
Edward is pounding the piss out of my Rangers around the Knights net. He is a throw back to old stay at home defenseman. It's his territory and he makes you pay for coming in there. Always got his game face on even when he is sleeping.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
That seems less then ideal. Do you agree?

Yes

But from Providence College pov they need a guy to push Svedebäck and spell him when needed
Which they haven't had in 2 years
Borgiel has always split time so he's use to it
we'll see how this plays out

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Maine won 4-3 in OT and combined with Worcester losing they sneak in
Mast 1 shot -1
Game #1 is on Friday in Adirondack best of 7

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
We're #1.....we're #1 !!!!!!!! :cheer: :partytime: :wave:

Oh wait - it's listed in reverse order. :thumbd:

Prospect rankings from ESPN.

32. Boston Bruins

After graduating Matthew Poitras and Mason Lohrei this season, the Bruins are the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air standing in an empty room meme; Fabian Lysell plays the part of Will Smith in this iteration. Lysell took another positive step the AHL this season, notching a near point-per-game pace. He has a chance to be a skilled player in the middle six for the Bruins and should get a look out of camp next season.

Jonathan Myrenberg took a positive step, playing regular minutes in the SHL this season, but is a long shot to play NHL minutes. Notably, Jaxon Nelson isn't officially part of the ranking because he is 24, but the recently signed NCAA free agent has a chance to play a bottom-six role in the NHL as a physical, forechecking presence.

Full rankings list: Ranking every NHL team's prospect pipeline: Why the Sabres are No. 1
Haven't they been last, or near last since the beginning of time ?
And yet, they have been a top 5 team since Donnie been running the show.
Sure it would be great to have a better prospect pool, but they seem to be doing pretty good at the NHL level.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad