Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jockularity

Jan 17, 2019
Positive comments from Jason Bukala, scout that provides analysis for Sportsnet in Canada, regarding 4th Round Pick Beckett Hendrickson. He (and other analyst) were asked to choose a favourite player/best pick from each round (2 and lower). Hendrickson was Bukala's fav pick from Round 4.

Bukala: Beckett Hendrickson, Boston Bruins, 124th overall

Hendrickson played a depth role at the USNTDP. The team was top heavy with forwards that included Will Smith, Gabe Perreault, Ryan Leonard and Oliver Moore — and there’s only one puck. Sometimes there isn’t enough situational opportunity to go around. Hendrickson could have easily played higher up in the lineup, though. He skates well, has understated offensive upside, and contributes reliable detail defensively. He doesn’t cheat the game. He plays the right way. He’s a solid add for the Bruins in the fourth round.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Post Development Camp Top 10

1. Lohrei
2. Merkulov
3. Lysell
4. Poitras
5. Duran
6. Bussi
7. Beecher
8. Locmelis
9. Gasseau
10. McLaughlin
Lauko graduated
1-9 was easy

For #10 the case can be made for Harrison, Jellvik, Kuntar, Brunet, Gallagher, Mast, Svedebäck and Reilly Walsh
Ultimately went McLaughlin over Brunet

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

1. Lohrei
2. Merkulov
3. Lysell
4. Poitras
5. Duran
6. Bussi
7. Beecher
8. Locmelis
9. Gasseau
10. McLaughlin
Lauko graduated
1-9 was easy

For #10 the case can be made for Harrison, Jellvik, Kuntar, Brunet, Gallagher, Mast, Svedebäck and Reilly Walsh
Does Topo make the list since he signed?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

1. Lohrei
2. Merkulov
3. Lysell
4. Poitras
5. Duran
6. Bussi
7. Beecher
8. Locmelis
9. Gasseau
10. McLaughlin
Lauko graduated
1-9 was easy

Is Toporowski not in that list on the honorable mentions intentionally? Is he pretty close or a significant step down.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Is Toporowski not in that list on the honorable mentions intentionally? Is he pretty close or a significant step down.
I’m starting to get a sense that Harrison needs to flip a switch in the next twelve months on developing a 200’ game or the AHL might become his path to Europe instead of the NHL. Sounds like the skill is there but the full commitment seems to be lacking.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’m starting to get a sense that Harrison needs to flip a switch in the next twelve months on developing a 200’ game or the AHL might become his path to Europe instead of the NHL. Sounds like the skill is there but the full commitment seems to be lacking.

He has a 3 year entry level deal, and I suspect they will give him a good bit of that to show the consistency, etc needed. before giving up on him.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What garbage. Jason Studnicka. Poitras can’t play in Providence this year. No mention of the Bruins third best prospect at worst. Did a low end chatvot write this?

If we traded Jason Studnicka for Myrenberg, then what they hell happened to Jack Studnicka? Also interesting to see that Victor Berglund is listed on their prospect depth chart at RD....even though Boston & Berglund agreed to mutually terminate his contract last year.

Reactions: Kegs

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Since I’ve seen pretty much every prospect several times I’m going with my top 5 position players

Lysell
Lohrei
Poitras
Merkulov
Locmelis

Just missing Beecher

Where would the following fall compared to the usual suspects top 15?

Reactions: Kegs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Where would the following fall compared to the usual suspects top 15?

I have no idea

My prospect view is 5-10-10

Who are top 5 (if you could only bring 5 on Noah Hanifin’s Ark who you take (Lysell Lohrei Merkulov Bussi Poitras )

The next 10 should have a bunch of interesting guys (Duran, Beecher, Harrison, Brunet, Locmelis, McLaughlin….)

They resign DeBrusk they basically need to find 1 legit top 6 winger somewhere - own organization (Lysell, Geekie, Metkulov) or FA (how you doing Willie Nylander)

Maybe we can trade for one of Buffalo 15 awesome wing prospects when they get close and have no room positionally or cap wise

The actual cap and you can only have 6 top F makes prospect hoarding not viable

Bruins only need one or two bullseyes here and the beat goes on

My high floor guys I really walked out of Warrior feeling very good about - Poitras (top 6 C) and Duran (bottom 6 winger)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

1. Lohrei
2. Merkulov
3. Lysell
4. Poitras
5. Duran
6. Bussi
7. Beecher
8. Locmelis
9. Gasseau
10. McLaughlin
Lauko graduated
1-9 was easy

Really good list

Duran will be interesting to see how his career goes

I been down the road with a similar pick like Ferlin but Duran had success for US WJC U-18 so he’s probably more legit

There are so many prospect forwards - Lysell merkulov Poitras Duran Locmelis Beecher ….you gotta think 1 can be a top 6 (25 goals and or 60 points) or third liner who can get you 15-20 and be a top 2 PK rotation player

Reactions: Kegs and Saxon Eric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad