Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Saturday Night Wrap

McFaul 1 assist +3 5-4 win

Langenbrunner +1 5-0 win
Lately he's graduated from 7th D to 3rd pairing

Svedebäck 18 saves 3-0 loss including empty net

Schmaltz -2 14 for 26 faceoffs 7-6 loss

Spicer 1 assist 2 shots +1 3 for 11 faceoffs 6-1 loss
Olson -1

Lorhei 1 goal 3 shots +1 4-2 loss

Gallagher 1 shot -1 4-3 win
Not his best game

BC broke in the brand new rink at Sacred Heart with a 3-2 win
Gasseau 1 goal 2 assist 1 shot +3
Kuntar 1 goal 3 shots +2 1 for 3 faceoffs
Jellvik 3 shots

DiPietro was the back up Win

Dyck 29 saves First 🌟 4-3 win

Harrison 1 goal 1 assist 4 shots +1 5-3 win

Poitras 2 assist 3 shots -1 6-4 loss

Locmelis 1 assist 3-2 win

Mantykivi 3 shots +1 15:26 TOI 2-0 win

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday's Wrap

McFaul +1 3-2 OT loss to RPI

Langenbrunner 1 goal 1 shot +1 3-2 OT win over Yale

BC 1-1 tie with Vermont, shootout won by Vermont, I believe it's officially a tie
Kuntar 1 assist 2 shots 5 for 9 faceoffs
Jellvik 3 shots
Gasseau 2 shots

Gallagher 1 assist 3 shots +1 5-1 win

North Dakota beat Minnesota Duluth 4-2
Schmaltz out injured
Spicer 3 shots 4 for 9 faceoffs
Olson 1 assist 1 shot +1

Lorhei 3 shots -1 ,terrible 4-0 loss to Wisconsin

Brunet 1 assist 2 shots -1 3-1 loss

Dyck 25 saves 2nd 🌟 4-2 win,looking good for playoffs

Edward 1 shot 9-1 win

Mast 1 assist 1 shot +1 4-3 win

Poitras 1 goal 3 shots 6-4 win, he's done well since the roster was gutted

Myrenberg 1 shot -2 5-4 OT loss

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So, I got up early this morning like I do every weekend to watch Dans Locmelis. 0-0 going into the third and he sets up 3 goals for the 3-0 win, on his birthday.

Now second in league scoring, in Top-10 play with 2 goals and 6 helpers in 3 games and just 1 point behind the leader despite playing in two fewer games after finishing second in regular league play.

I was high on Oskar Jellvik a season ago in the same league but Locmelis? What a find in the 4th round he could be!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So, I got up early this morning like I do every weekend to watch Dans Locmelis. 0-0 going into the third and he sets up 3 goals for the 3-0 win, on his birthday.

Now second in league scoring, in Top-10 play with 2 goals and 6 helpers in 3 games and just 1 point behind the leader despite playing in two fewer games after finishing second in regular league play.

I was high on Oskar Jellvik a season ago in the same league but Locmelis? What a find in the 4th round he could be!!
Hi Dom, thanks as always for the update on the kid, sort of OT a bit but what style of game does Savvy coach? Does he have his troops playing? I envision nothing but pushing the puck up ice, high tempo style but wondering what you see from that team, they sure are loaded with talent. Thanks in advance

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hi Dom, thanks as always for the update on the kid, sort of OT a bit but what style of game does Savvy coach? Does he have his troops playing? I envision nothing but pushing the puck up ice, high tempo style but wondering what you see from that team, they sure are loaded with talent. Thanks in advance
High tempo game. I've said this before, but he gets more out of his players than anyone expects. They just produce with him.

In a lot of ways, he's similar to Monty. He instills confidence in his players and puts them in positions to succeed. He has Harrison killing penalties which wasn't often the case in Oshawa. He has him out in the last minute to protect the lead - again wasn't often the case in Oshawa. Last week he had him out for a defensive zone draw down two-men to kill off penalties over Shane Wright that really surprised me.

I was really hoping Poitras would have ended up there. Like Savvy, he plays the half wall on the PP, is 2nd in the OHL in PPA and 4th in assists overall, I really do believe Savvy would have done wonders for him there. Funny thing, I was talking to @DKH about Poitras the other day and I never really realized it until then, but if you didn't know who he was, when you watch him skate he often looks like Mitch Marner out there. Not that he will turn into a Marner - just the skating.

Anyway, I wish Savvy would be a development coach with the Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
High tempo game. I've said this before, but he gets more out of his players than anyone expects. They just produce with him.

In a lot of ways, he's similar to Monty. He instills confidence in his players and puts them in positions to succeed. He has Harrison killing penalties which wasn't often the case in Oshawa. He has him out in the last minute to protect the lead - again wasn't often the case in Oshawa. Last week he had him out for a defensive zone draw down two-men to kill off penalties over Shane Wright that really surprised me.

I was really hoping Poitras would have ended up there. Like Savvy, he plays the half wall on the PP, is 2nd in the OHL in PPA and 4th in assists overall, I really do believe Savvy would have done wonders for him there. Funny thing, I was talking to @DKH about Poitras the other day and I never really realized it until then, but if you didn't know who he was, when you watch him skate he often looks like Mitch Marner out there. Not that he will turn into a Marner - just the skating.

Great insight as always, thanks Dom

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Great stuff about Harrison...Did you hear any rumours Poitras was almost a Spitfire? Would have been perfect. Would you consider Poitras/M Savard a good prospect/NHL player comparison? Had Harrison been playing full year with the Spitfires would he have made the Canadian Junior team? I take it the early season leg injury didn't help his cause.

So many random questions this morning...:help::huh:

Reactions: Kegs

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Great stuff about Harrison...Did you hear any rumours Poitras was almost a Spitfire? Would have been perfect. Would you consider Poitras/M Savard a good prospect/NHL player comparison? Had Harrison been playing full year with the Spitfires would he have made the Canadian Junior team? I take it the early season leg injury didn't help his cause.

So many random questions this morning...:help::huh:
Only rumors I had on Poitras was that Guelph was getting calls. I doubt Windsor was in on him. They wanted a goal scorer and Poitras is a playmaker. And Harrison has a history with Shane Wright (who they were sure they were going to get) and Matthew Maggio. As for Team Canada, I doubt he would have made the team even without the leg injury. Oh, and Poitras comparable is Matthew Poitras.

Big game for Harrison tonight. He should have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad