Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XVIII - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
was really hoping Lohrei would turn pro but I guess he wants to hold the record as oldest player to play NCAA hockey game. lol

Reactions: Dr Hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
was really hoping Lohrei would turn pro but I guess he wants to hold the record as oldest player to play NCAA hockey game. lol
selfishly I want to see the kid in a Spoked B jersey but my gut says this is a wise choice moving forward, another year in College, have a great season, work on warts in the game whatever they might be and see ya in 2023 Camp kid

Reactions: weaponomega

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
The Athletic on Beecher:

C John Beecher (Boston Bruins): The Wolverines, as the top seed, had the Bruins’ room this week and apparently the guys were telling Beecher he should pick his stall and stick around, which I thought was great. It was an up-and-down season for Beecher, who is probably the one player whose opportunities suffered the most by playing on this deep Michigan squad, because he’s such a natural fit to slide down the lineup into a checking role. So it was nice to see him repeatedly get his flowers throughout the week.
Here was Pearson on Beecher: “He has been a real key for us here as of late. Unfortunately, Johnny had injury problems last year with the shoulder injury and then this year he breaks his thumb and was out quite awhile again. So we really didn’t get him until the second half of the year and that’s when we made our push. And a lot of the reason is Johnny has anchored a line and has used his skating. The numbers maybe aren’t as high as you’d like them to be but he’s not playing on one of our power-play units and guys get a lot of points on the power play. So I wouldn’t be overly concerned with the stats. It’s just what he brings to our team and what he brings is speed, physicality, he’s got good size, he’s great on faceoffs, and he has taken a defensive role on the penalty kill and has done a great job there.
“But he has really given us another line that is dangerous and has added to our depth. His development has been good. He has continued to grow not only as a player on the ice but off the ice and he has matured. Maybe last year where I might have (had) to calm him down on the bench a little bit, the other day he was calming our coaches down on the bench. So it has been a reversal and he has really grown. And he’s still young. He’s got a lot of good hockey in front of him.
Johnny has had a really good year for us. He was injured (during) the first part. He’s really come on. He really adds a lot to our team, has really accepted his role and thrived on it. He’s a good player (who) has a bright future.”

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
The Athletic on Beecher:

C John Beecher (Boston Bruins): The Wolverines, as the top seed, had the Bruins’ room this week and apparently the guys were telling Beecher he should pick his stall and stick around, which I thought was great. It was an up-and-down season for Beecher, who is probably the one player whose opportunities suffered the most by playing on this deep Michigan squad, because he’s such a natural fit to slide down the lineup into a checking role. So it was nice to see him repeatedly get his flowers throughout the week.
Here was Pearson on Beecher: “He has been a real key for us here as of late. Unfortunately, Johnny had injury problems last year with the shoulder injury and then this year he breaks his thumb and was out quite awhile again. So we really didn’t get him until the second half of the year and that’s when we made our push. And a lot of the reason is Johnny has anchored a line and has used his skating. The numbers maybe aren’t as high as you’d like them to be but he’s not playing on one of our power-play units and guys get a lot of points on the power play. So I wouldn’t be overly concerned with the stats. It’s just what he brings to our team and what he brings is speed, physicality, he’s got good size, he’s great on faceoffs, and he has taken a defensive role on the penalty kill and has done a great job there.
“But he has really given us another line that is dangerous and has added to our depth. His development has been good. He has continued to grow not only as a player on the ice but off the ice and he has matured. Maybe last year where I might have (had) to calm him down on the bench a little bit, the other day he was calming our coaches down on the bench. So it has been a reversal and he has really grown. And he’s still young. He’s got a lot of good hockey in front of him.
Johnny has had a really good year for us. He was injured (during) the first part. He’s really come on. He really adds a lot to our team, has really accepted his role and thrived on it. He’s a good player (who) has a bright future.”
Sounds like a solid college depth player. It does not sound like a kid that will be an nhl regular. Those have usually forced their way on to power play duty by this point lol

Reactions: EverettMike

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Sounds like a solid college depth player. It does not sound like a kid that will be an nhl regular. Those have usually forced their way on to power play duty by this point lol
He's literally the 3rd line center on a team that features two centers who were Top 5 draft picks.

Do I think Beecher is a future NHL All-Star? No.

Do I think Beecher could be a valuable two-way role player in the bottom six? Absolutely.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He's literally the 3rd line center on a team that features two centers who were Top 5 draft picks.

Do I think Beecher is a future NHL All-Star? No.

Do I think Beecher could be a valuable two-way role player in the bottom six? Absolutely.
Exactly like Coyle

If Beecher is like Kuraly but with better hands. Thats a win for the Bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad