Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I like the signing, Frodo seems to have produced everywhere. Maybe this is a Kase replacement.

perfect they need a guy to stash on IR all year and promise us hes the solution to all their problems once the deadline comes and goes so we can maintain some hope. “The deadline acquisiton that was here the whole time but hurt” guy. Must have on all teams

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
I haven’t heard much on a couple new prospects - a couple were injured this year...any thoughts on Matt Filipe, Curtis Hall and Alex Olivier-Voyer. The pandemic wreaked havoc especially on the college kids and then some injuries that limited play. Future prospects/expectations for next season in Prov?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Has there ever been a good 5 foot 10 inch player though ?

I can’t think of any since Dave Keon & Yvan Cournoyer. Oh and Ted Lindsay & Pie McKenzie were short
There have been lot's of good players 5'10 and shorter, just off memory, I can think of:
Stan Smyl
Bob Murray
Denis Savard
Brian Gionta
Mike Rogers
Brayden Point
Pocket Rocket

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Mark Divver of NEHJ reported that teams are sniffing around Samuel Asselin and that the Bs have little time to tie him up. He had an outstanding scoring season in the ECHL and was 8-8-16 in 25 games for Providence. A 5'10" 22 yr old C, don't know whether the org. is interested him long term.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Mark Divver of NEHJ reported that teams are sniffing around Samuel Asselin and that the Bs have little time to tie him up. He had an outstanding scoring season in the ECHL and was 8-8-16 in 25 games for Providence. A 5'10" 22 yr old C, don't know whether the org. is interested him long term.

I would keep him

I like his makeup/game

Good at tipping pucks for goals

Bearcrap

Jan 29, 2004
Pembroke
Tom Wilson and Matt Martin say keep him. He'd look good in the playoffs on a line with Jesper Froden.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
From the little I’ve seen of him he actually goes to the net, I like that

He’s good to have in the system even if he’s only AHL depth

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Size is the in thing just look at the final four teams average size 6’3”

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think size on the backend is more important than size up front. Not that you don’t need size upfront, but you can have a few undersized guys and be more than fine. Can’t do that on D

For that reason I’d like them to sign Asselin. He doesn’t play his size either. He’s just useful to have around

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I haven’t heard much on a couple new prospects - a couple were injured this year...any thoughts on Matt Filipe, Curtis Hall and Alex Olivier-Voyer. The pandemic wreaked havoc especially on the college kids and then some injuries that limited play. Future prospects/expectations for next season in Prov?
Along with others I covered them in detail over on the Providence thread
Voyer made the most noise of the 3
They all improved
Hall has the most upside
Filipe was starting to do some damage when he got hurt
Excited to see them in a full season plus playoffs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Disappointing its not done yet, same with Zech
Providence has around 10 open roster spots, losing these 2 isn't going to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad