Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I love this thread and some of the insight you guys bring. Its fantastic.

That said, why is Brady Lyle so low on the list? The kid had a fantastic first year vs expectations and I think he's got a ton of upside. What am I missing?
Think its a combination of what he was expected to be (not much) and the shortened season which gives less of a push in terms of convincing people.

Reactions: HustleB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Results – AHL All-Star Skills Competition
The Western Conference won the AHL All-Star Skills Competition by a score of 18-15.
Formenton time was the third fastest in AHL history, so I'd say Studnicka is fast, very fast, despite your opinion. ;)
Fastest Skater:

1. Alex Formenton (Belleville Senators/London Knights) – 13.356 seconds
2. Joey Keane (Hartford Wolf Pack/London Knights) – 13.453 seconds
3. Jack Studnicka (Providence Bruins/Niagara IceDogs) – 13.804 seconds

LOL okay you got me. That's pretty good.

I'm just going by the games I watched him live.

If he's fast that makes me very happy.

Reactions: TCB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I love this thread and some of the insight you guys bring. Its fantastic.

That said, why is Brady Lyle so low on the list? The kid had a fantastic first year vs expectations and I think he's got a ton of upside. What am I missing?
1-3 are the top dogs in the system
4 is Studnicka and his body of work is better than the rest of his peers
5 is Lauko , enough said or would you like me to go into detail?
6,7 and 8 are really interchangeable , Lyle could be 6th on a different day, I just happened to like Beecher and Kuntar more since Development Camp
9 Hall, like Lyle looks the part but I need to see what he looks like in a full season riding the bus, playing 3 in 3 nights with a new coach etc, consistency is key with both of them
10 is Langenbrunner, he's years away but so polished already

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Ha ha

I like Pronman in a twisted way and subscribe to read guys like him and Wheeler

What happens is he writes this it gets posted here and you end up with John, Paul, George, and Ringo showing up to say ‘see i told you ….2015 blah blah blah)

if he is putting Leafs in top half I hope he gives my guy Timothy Liljegren some love and Sheldon Keefe gives him a full time gig at least third pair
I would like to be John.

2015 is a ghost that will haunt this team for 20 years

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Athletic writes:

1. Fabian Lysell, RW, Lulea-SHL
Jan. 19, 2003 | 5-foot-11 | 172 pounds
Drafted: No. 21 in 2021
Tier: Projected middle of the lineup player
Skating: Above-average
Puck Skills: Average
Hockey Sense: Average
Compete: Average

This seems aggressively underrated. The projection of Swayman likewise simply does not appear likely. Projects as a back up?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
The Athletic writes:

1. Fabian Lysell, RW, Lulea-SHL
Jan. 19, 2003 | 5-foot-11 | 172 pounds
Drafted: No. 21 in 2021
Tier: Projected middle of the lineup player
Skating: Above-average
Puck Skills: Average
Compete: Average

This seems aggressively underrated. The projection of Swayman likewise simply does not appear likely. Projects as a back up?
Maybe he was talking about just this upcoming year.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Maybe he was talking about just this upcoming year.

4. Maxime Comtois, LW, Anaheim-NHL
Jan. 8, 1999 | 6-foot-2 | 200 pounds
Drafted: No. 50 in 2017
Tier: Projected middle of the lineup player and starting goaltender
Skating: Below-average
Puck Skills: Below-average
Compete: Above-average

I didn't edit anything besides underlining. He also left that observation for Benoit Oliver Groulx and (actual goaltender) Lukas Donstal

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
4. Maxime Comtois, LW, Anaheim-NHL
Jan. 8, 1999 | 6-foot-2 | 200 pounds
Drafted: No. 50 in 2017
Tier: Projected middle of the lineup player and starting goaltender
Skating: Below-average
Puck Skills: Below-average
Compete: Above-average

I didn't edit anything besides underlining. He also left that observation for Benoit Oliver Groulx and (actual goaltender) Lukas Donstal
I don't know who is more confuse. Myself or the one that wrote that.

Reactions: duffy and Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Pronman didn’t even know Jeremy Lauzon was a prospect in the bruins system two off seasons ago. People are still getting bothered by his opinions?
Pronman or Wrong Man has basically become a Bruins Troll at this point in time. Let us never quote him again.

Reactions: Gordoff

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
2 goals and 1 helper first game for Cehlarik KHL Avengard (4 to 0 over CSKA).
His teammate Corban Knight had a 2G, 1A game as well. Should keep in mind North American hockey folks generally equate the KHL with the AHL. A lot of failed NHLers do very well in the KHL.

Reactions: Blowfish

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Yup he was amazing

He and Swayman my two all time favorite college goalies
In 1985, I was in 4th grade and was the goalie for one of the worst teams the world of Youth Hockey has ever seen.

I saw so many shots against that I could barely walk to the car after the games.

My brother, who was going to UMaine at the time - watched me play once, and then started calling me "Terreri".

Last edited:
Reactions: Friar85

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
For what it's worth, Corey Pronman on Jeremy Swayman in August 2020:

Athleticism: Below-average
Hockey Sense: Above-average

Swayman was about as good as you could have hoped for between his AHL and NHL games last season as a rookie pro. His poise and sense are very impressive. He has a true high level ability to read the play and react to what’s going on with calmness and efficiency. Swayman doesn’t have the lateral explosiveness to make highlight reel saves, but he makes up for it by often never needing to do so and a refined technique. He looks like a quality backup goaltender who can be a starter in a pinch.​

Corey Pronman on Jeremy Swayman in August 2018:

Swayman had a breakout campaign where he was one of the top goalies in Hockey East. He’s an aggressive goalie with his positional play, with above-average athleticism for a 6-foot-2 goalie giving him the ability to play that way and recover if needed. He battles well when he gives up second chances and has decent hockey sense, as well.​
Yeah never quote this clown again please!!

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Yeah never quote this clown again please!!
An evaluator can't change his view on a subjective trait like athleticism for a kid from age 18 to 20? That's unfair.

Comb through the reports written by whomever you hold in high esterm and you'll find endless examples like that.

Of course there are reporters and hobbyists who only cover the Bruins who do a better job with that one system than Pronman can. You read the work of a guy like Pronman to get a high level broadbrush sense of the systems around the league.

Be fair is all I ask. The guy works hard and does a pretty good job for what his task is.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Most underappreciated prospect in the system, which I don’t get because he’s as prototypical of a Bruin as it gets. Can’t wait to see him get spot duty this year if he can finally stay healthy.
I got to see him in Providence a couple of times, he reminded me of Roope Hintz. He is bigger and stronger than it seems like when you see him on TV, although that's obviously not his game, anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad