Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIX - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Impressive lift for a 17 year old (400 lb split squat)

Impressive jump

Not a believer that gym muscles make a great hockey player, but that 400lb split squat is just ridiculous. I do split squats with no weight and they're hard enough (fwiw, I don't own weights).

Reactions: rocketdan9

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
have you seen much of Mast this season? what are your thoughts on his development?
Have not
Thought he looked decent at Development camp
Thought he was in over his head at the Prospect Challenge
Just highlights since then
Stats look ok everything considered

Reactions: Raleighfern

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Thursday Night Wrap

Mast 2 shots -1 3-0 loss
Game 2 is Saturday

Harrison plays Kingston starting tonight 7pm

Lysell starts their series vs Everett 1005pm

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
I paid $20 to stream the first round of the WHL playoffs and Lysell is already worth the price of admission after just Game 1.
I'm not exagerating when I say the Vancouver coach had Lysell's line out there every other shift -- and rightfully so as he was the best player on the ice.
He had the occasional mishandle or deflected pass (nothing egregious) but 9 times out of 10 he was making smart plays with the puck and constantly generating offense -- as evidenced by his 5 assists, 7 shots, & 2 drawn penalties.
He showed the afterburners a few times -- once to set up Van's first goal and another time he was 1-on-3 and I am pretty sure Everett's players were still terrified (he ended up making a nice drop pass to set up a good chance).
Perhaps more impressive were subtle plays he made when he didn't have much space. You would think given his size he would easily be overpowered by bigger players but he has a knack for shrugging guys off and maintaining control of the puck.
This is the first WHL game I have seen Lysell play and I hate making judgements off of just one game but it is hard to not be excited about his potential.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I paid $20 to stream the first round of the WHL playoffs and Lysell is already worth the price of admission after just Game 1.
I'm not exagerating when I say the Vancouver coach had Lysell's line out there every other shift -- and rightfully so as he was the best player on the ice.
He had the occasional mishandle or deflected pass (nothing egregious) but 9 times out of 10 he was making smart plays with the puck and constantly generating offense -- as evidenced by his 5 assists, 7 shots, & 2 drawn penalties.
He showed the afterburners a few times -- once to set up Van's first goal and another time he was 1-on-3 and I am pretty sure Everett's players were still terrified (he ended up making a nice drop pass to set up a good chance).
Perhaps more impressive were subtle plays he made when he didn't have much space. You would think given his size he would easily be overpowered by bigger players but he has a knack for shrugging guys off and maintaining control of the puck.
This is the first WHL game I have seen Lysell play and I hate making judgements off of just one game but it is hard to not be excited about his potential.
Sorry for your wallet but now you have to keep buying the streams of his games.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I must have missed it- when did Steen get extended? Good to see at 2 more years, same money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad