Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIV - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
McTavish will be long gone when we pick at 20.
I would be happy with Boldec or L'Heureux if we pick a Center.
This is the type of draft that a smart GM's can move up pretty easily.
My two targets would be Lysell the speedy winger that can score or Cole Sillinger who plays Center.
About Colton Dach...

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Awesome, let’s end up with another Senyshyn
You completely missed my point. Essentially, they need to draft the best center available because they have close to squat there in the prospect pool.

Alternatively, you could also have said "let's end up with another Zboril"

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
About Colton Dach...
He is slated to be a third round pick, no way I take him in the first round.
NHL Potential

Although he currently plays center, Dach will likely be switched to the left-wing in the pro ranks and has already tried his hand at the position this season. That’s most likely because he just doesn’t have the top-end skill for him to remain a center in the NHL. The best-case scenario is he is a competent, bottom-six two-way winger who could slot into the center if necessary and could be relied on in all situations, possibly along the lines of Garnet Hathaway or Barclay Goodrow. But, like those comparisons, it will take a significant amount of time for him to develop into that, so draft wisely.
Risk-Reward Analysis

Risk – 3/5, Reward – 2.5/5

Reactions: Lo97

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Colton Dach
TSN/McKenzie 73
Redline at 41
Hockey News at 81
Draft Analyst #71
Mckeens #58
Central Scouting #19 North American

Reactions: DKH

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
You completely missed my point. Essentially, they need to draft the best center available because they have close to squat there in the prospect pool.

Alternatively, you could also have said "let's end up with another Zboril"

No, they don't.

draft the best player available and look to free agency or trades to fill needs.

unless its a top 10 pick, its most likely going to be years before they sniff the NHL.

and we need a 'projected' #1 or 2 center now (be it on the second or third line as a youngin to get started)

speaking of.....

how did Beecher and Studnicka end last year? i know Studnicka had a pretty good season in Pro.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
No, they don't.

draft the best player available and look to free agency or trades to fill needs.

unless its a top 10 pick, its most likely going to be years before they sniff the NHL.

and we need a 'projected' #1 or 2 center now (be it on the second or third line as a youngin to get started)

speaking of.....

how did Beecher and Studnicka end last year? i know Studnicka had a pretty good season in Pro.
Beecher had season ending shoulder surgery and it's not confirmed where he's playing next year though my guess is back at Michigan
Studnicka's last few games in Providence were excellent, before that not so good

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Sillinger would be a nice pick if he falls to them, kid can shoot the puck. Like to see Lyle and Lauko get a shot in camp. They provide speed, scoring and size. Steen could play on the 4th line of Kuraly goes.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What are the chances (any?) that they trade up for one of those top end Michigan forwards. With so much up in the air about this draft in the later rounds and their NEED for a future top 2 center in the pipeline. . .

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Beecher had season ending shoulder surgery and it's not confirmed where he's playing next year though my guess is back at Michigan
Studnicka's last few games in Providence were excellent, before that not so good
I still have high hopes for Stud. He has NHL speed and skill, can kill penalties, just needs to bulk up to 190lbs, shouldn't be that hard for him to get to that weight this summer.
Beecher has lost a year of devlopment with the covid issue and shoulder injury.
He should put up great numbers, PPG or more this season with Michigan.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
What are the chances (any?) that they trade up for one of those top end Michigan forwards. With so much up in the air about this draft in the later rounds and their NEED for a future top 2 center in the pipeline. . .
This is the year to trade up and roll the dice, should not be that hard to do it.
Who do you like from Michigan?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This is the year to trade up and roll the dice, should not be that hard to do it.
Who do you like from Michigan?

getting of prospect talk but into draft. Why do you think it would not be hard to move up. GM's love their draft picks, and draft trades in NHL are rare

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad