Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Thinking about Dom’s recent post about the draft being a crapshoot and thought it’d be interesting to see what was said by the team about some of their picks at the time.

See if you recognize the players
PLAYER 1
“He’s an up and down winger. He played in X and we like what he brings," said X. "He’s well liked by his teammates, he seems to have a lot of character by what we hear and we’ve seen it on the ice and we’re excited to have him. X’s a straight-line guy, strong,"

PLAYER 2
“ ...compare him a lot to David Krejci," the GM said post-draft. "I think he's more of a winger than Krech, who is kind of a center that slows the game down, picks it up, chance of pace. This guy's a little better on the boards, he's a more natural winger but like David, he protects the puck, he sees the ice well, he's got a level of grit, and it's kind of that level of grit with a good combination of skill that really attracted him to us."
"I think he has a chance [to be a first-line player]. I think he’s definitely a second-line player. I don’t know if it’s first line but he’s got sense, he’s got skill and those two things give him a chance."

what’s your guess (no cheating)...

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thinking about Don’s recent post about the draft being a crapshoot and thought it’d be interesting to see what was said by the team about some of their picks at the time.

PLAYER 1
“He’s an up and down winger. He played in X and we like what he brings," said X. "He’s well liked by his teammates, he seems to have a lot of character by what we hear and we’ve seen it on the ice and we’re excited to have him. X’s a straight-line guy, strong,"

PLAYER 2
“ ...compare him a lot to David Krejci," the GM said post-draft. "I think he's more of a winger than Krech, who is kind of a center that slows the game down, picks it up, chance of pace. This guy's a little better on the boards, he's a more natural winger but like David, he protects the puck, he sees the ice well, he's got a level of grit, and it's kind of that level of grit with a good combination of skill that really attracted him to us."
"I think he has a chance [to be a first-line player]. I think he’s definitely a second-line player. I don’t know if it’s first line but he’s got sense, he’s got skill and those two things give him a chance."

I missed what Don said. What did he have to say?

Reactions: Over the volcano

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Thinking about Dom’s recent post about the draft being a crapshoot and thought it’d be interesting to see what was said by the team about some of their picks at the time.

PLAYER 1

PLAYER 2

Player A ,Senyshyn or Shen
Player B Hamill or Colborne

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver

PLAYER 1

PLAYER 2

Second one is Pastrnak - I remember that. First one I’m guessing - Debrusk?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I wouldn’t have been able to guess either of em
Player 1 was Bjork
Player 2 was Pastrnak
I’m surprised Bjork was considered to be a straight line player; I consider him an agile player that changes directions well but maybe that’s just a bad evaluation on my part. I am surprised that they called him a strong player. I know his strength was good enough at the college level, but it seemed clear even then that he would need to put on a significant amount of muscle to play in the nhl.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I’m surprised Bjork was considered to be a straight line player; I consider him an agile player that changes directions well but maybe that’s just a bad evaluation on my part. I am surprised that they called him a strong player. I know his strength was good enough at the college level, but it seemed clear even then that he would need to put on a significant amount of muscle to play in the nhl.
You’re right, he is an agile player. This is a big year for him to put it all together.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I have no idea what else was involved but I also was told by one of the most famous media folks then and now that Bruins were in deep with Calgary and the Bruins wanted the pick that would get them Elias Lindholm and Johnny Gudreau was also in it.

CGY didn't draft Lindholm, he went before the CGY pick.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
CGY didn't draft Lindholm, he went before the CGY pick.
Yup and killed the deal with Boston

had he been there the Bruins make the Calgary deal

Horvat camp was told to sit tight there was something else (Carolina taking Lindholm which the Bruins had an inkling was going to happen and did) hopefully you have the HFL draft this summer at your House it was spectacular last time had a blast and I’ll add to this and the back story

Reactions: Dr Quincy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
At Notre Dame he was a diagonal player - I saw him at Merrimack multiple times take the puck and cross lanes. He was do dominating in college hockey - not much he could not do

Reactions: HustleB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How are the world junior prospects making out.
That’s a 2 draft window 2019 & 2020

If you suck like LA you trade your team away you can have 60 point seasons and 5
Players from rounds 1-2 in the 2019 & 2020 draft in WJC

if your Boston you play to win the Cup

or

it’s even simpler

you watch Johnny Beecher (2019) & Mason Lohrei (2020) and see if they materialize

Jamie Langenbrunner seems to be smitten

also the next picks Olson & Kunter are playing college hockey and drafted from North America

I’m chuckling at the prospect WJC stuff

They have 2 prospects last 2 years that are interesting a 7th game at home Finals debacle and the President’s Trophy followed by a pandemic/ not exactly normal or chopped liver

if Lohrei & Beecher end up players I’ll take that over a handful+ of Canadian & USA WJC players who won’t play 100 NHL games / look at the history of this happens all the time

relax folks we all got to watch Pavel Shen Captain the Russian WJC 2 years ago and get a big assist in medal game

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
That’s a 2 draft window 2019 & 2020

If you suck like LA you trade your team away you can have 60 point seasons and 5
Players from rounds 1-2 in the 2019 & 2020 draft in WJC

if your Boston you play to win the Cup

or

it’s even simpler

you watch Johnny Beecher (2019) & Mason Lohrei (2020) and see if they materialize

Jamie Langenbrunner seems to be smitten

also the next picks Olson & Kunter are playing college hockey and drafted from North America

I’m chuckling at the prospect WJC stuff

They have 2 prospects last 2 years that are interesting a 7th game at home Finals debacle and the President’s Trophy followed by a pandemic/ not exactly normal or chopped liver

if Lohrei & Beecher end up players I’ll take that over a handful+ of Canadian & USA WJC players who won’t play 100 NHL games / look at the history of this happens all the time

relax folks we all got to watch Pavel Shen Captain the Russian WJC 2 years ago and get a big assist in medal game

I understand and agree DKH... I was sincerely asking how the 2 bruin prospects are playing? Has anyone watched any of their games?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I understand and agree DKH... I was sincerely asking how the 2 bruin prospects are playing? Has anyone watched any of their games?
I do not think they even need to put on their skates, unless each team gets hits with Covid they will not play that much. Maybe they should ask to be loaned to Germany

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How are the world junior prospects making out.

Bychkov isn't playing at all. If he's dressed as the 7th D-man, he's stapled to the bench, Larionov is rolling just 6 D.

Mantykivi from the little I've seen of him is a bit part of the Finnish team. Not getting much of a role. I can't speak to Bychkov but Mantykivi looks pretty much a JAG. Not a great skater. Looked behind the play a bit to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad