Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Surprised to see Lohrei so high on the ranking
The more I dig the more I am hearing this is a very sneaky good pick - he’s a converted forward and knows his way around the offensive zone

he’s big and can skate and has a high aptitude so as he adds the thousand of hours over next 3-4 years to playing D at a D1 program he should be ready

he comes though with elite size and the O zone familiarity

I’m im with this

Lohrei & Ahcan going to be fascinating to watch

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They are a generic news source. Probably copied someone’s list. MEH.
Nope

I get the Athletic & Hockey News Apps and read both Kennedy who has expounded on the Bruins guys - and go way back with Loftus (who retired 2 days ago per Twitter) very underrated writer and nice nice man

If I hadn’t been stuck in the house for 8 + months I may have agreed but I watch minimum 2 hours of MLB network everyday and read all sorts of hockey

basically I’m the first 20 years of HF but On steroids knowledge wise now

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They are a generic news source. Probably copied someone’s list. MEH.
Just to add

when I drafted Trevor Kunter in the SIM draft Pre NHL draft I bet I spent multiple hours watching and reading about him out on my deck

pretty pathetic but i was basically on an island working from home

also love Langenbrunner kid

Lohrei was the one guy I didn’t know / the other 3 picks Boston took I knew

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lauko, Steen,Olson Ahcan even Wolff you can make an argument for but in defense of this list Lauko barely played last year and I seriously doubt The Hockey News is watching Czech league games
I’m not buying into Lauko offensive game. I’ve read he has it but I’m not sure about it. I am bullish he’s a player and a hound who can skate, compete, driven, skilled and fits on third line

I can see Sam Bennett like here and I love Bennett

Hopefully he will be better offensively then I’ve seen

he’s got plus speed and big ones - he’s abrasive as well

Lot to like

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
BC with three wins in a row and unbeaten in last 12 dating back to last season.

Panthers are going to be very happy with Spencer Knight who recorded the shutout. He’s already tied for seventh most shutouts in BC history; and he’s only a sophomore.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I’m not buying into Lauko offensive game. I’ve read he has it but I’m not sure about it. I am bullish he’s a player and a hound who can skate, compete, driven, skilled and fits on third line

I can see Sam Bennett like here and I love Bennett

Hopefully he will be better offensively then I’ve seen

he’s got plus speed and big ones - he’s abrasive as well

Lot to like

Sounds like Kuhlman.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Mike Loftus wrote the Bruins team summary, Ryan Kennedy has a paragraph above the Prospect list,no sign of Murphy or Haggs...
Yah, I forgot about Mike. Wow, it’s been a while since I stopped getting the Hockey News. I remember stopping at a local gas station in the way to work every week to get it. It was the only place besides the book store, that had it on the racks.
There’s too many opinion out there to really take them too seriously. We just have to wait and keep an eye on them. I use this board a lot more to make my judgements that anything. That and watching with my own eyes. When they get to Providence is when I start to take notice and can evaluate myself.

Reactions: DKH and Saxon Eric

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Only in terms of superior skating. Kuhlman is more straight ahead style where Lauko is more creative. And, IMO, has a higher upside.
Lauko can pull away though

He’s got some Nevin Markwart in his game - Jets, fearlessness, abrasive- the vision I’m not sure

Studnicka sees the ice not sure Lauko does but I’m open minded on this I just haven’t seen him live enough to see what he decides for options when I sit in the cat bird seat and can easily identify where he should go with it and he doesn’t have that luxury

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I will contribute on some of the Bruins prospects playing in European Leagues and I've seen play a few times on TV here.
In no particular order:
FINLAND LIIGA has been operating with games open to public access and in general had some 2.000 in attendance. However the LIIGA suspended regular season for the month of December due to Corona. They will start in January again hopefully

- Joona Koppanen C-LW 22 6'5" 210 lbs - 10 2+3=5 12 +8. Loaned to Ilves in Finish Tier I Liiga. If there's a sleeper among the B's prospects I would make a case for this big guy. He almost seems to improve with each passing game. After starting out in TIER II with Koovee where he led the team in scoring after 10 games (6G+11A) he was called up to Ilves. In 9 games he's scored 2 goals and 3 assist while playing good two way hockey. Why I like this guy is because the significant improvement he's swhown over the last couple of years plus he's got tremendous size and can still skate very good.

- Matias Mäntykivi C-LW 19 6'0" 170 lbs L - 17 0+4=4 4 -5. This kid has some talent but has mostly wing this season for SaiPa in Finish LIIGA Tier I. I'm not sure his best position is wing as I'd prefer him at center but he's very young. He needs to be stronger and could use some extra gear but Mäntykivi is a very smart and slick playmaker. He's like David Krejci in some small sample. Mäntykivi has played all over the forward lines in SaiPa. From 1st line right wing to third line left wing and some at center. His stats is somewhat misleading but he's playing regularly. He's been selected for Team Finland in the upcoming World Juniors in Canada so maybe those watching will get a glimp of his play.

- Urho Vaakanainen LD 21 6'1" 190 lbs L - 2 1+0 =1 2 +2. Vaaks scored in his first game back in Finland. He's played on 2nd defense pair. Unfortunately he may not play until January due the league has paused play. His next game could be with the Boston Bruins. Can't really comment on Vaakanainen as I haven't seen those two games he played.

CZECHIA

Jakub Zboril LD 23 6'0" 200 lbs L. 14 1+7=8 4 +1. HC Kometa Brno in 1st tier of Czech Xtra Liga. Zboril is thru the warm ups and starting to produce with 1 goal and 4 assist in his last 3 games playing more than 20 minutes a night. Zboril is probably the best of Bruins prospects playing in Europe. He may be their best prospect overall after Jack Studnicka. His skating is outstanding as we all know. He seems very confident and plays with authority moving pucks quickly with a sharp first pass. Sees the ice very well and has a booming slapshot. Very nice to see Zboril keep up the good game he played last spring.

Jakub Lauko LW 20 6'1" 200 lbs L . 14 3+3=6 20 -2. HC Energie Karlovy Vary in Czech Xtra Liga tier I. It's hard not to like Lauko. He's always hustling, 100% effort and has added a little bit of edge to his game. He's bulked up a fair bit so maybe that has something to do. I'm not sure Lauko will ever be a regular point producer. He's game is kind of wild and so are his shots. Many are just swing and miss. Doesn't seem to know himself where to put the puck, just fire away. Seems to be in a bit of rush to shoot, to make plays. If he can find the groove and settle it he may be a good NHL player. His skating and work ethic are second to none.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad