Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Paul Carey makes $375,000
I see your Carey and I raise you Backes - when and if he plays in the AHL. I heard or seen where he could make more down there then the NHL. Which could be a record for salary in the AHL, I wonder who made the most for a year?

aguineapig

Big Z's old running mate Wade Redden must of made a ton when Rangers buried him in Hartford. Ended up here for his final act, but how history would have been altered had Ottawa decided to have kept Captain Z over Redden.

BruinsNetwork

I see your Carey and I raise you Backes - when and if he plays in the AHL. I heard or seen where he could make more down there then the NHL. Which could be a record for salary in the AHL, I wonder who made the most for a year?

Doesn’t really count. Backes’ contract is a one-way deal so he doesn’t have an assigned AHL contract, just whatever he’s making IV the NHL. People have suggested he’ll make more in the AHL due to lack of escrow, yet I don’t think that’s the case. He isn’t making an AHL salary on a two-way deal. He’s still making the same salary from the NHL club— coming from the same place.

I’m not sure about the escrow thing or not, so don’t quote me on that.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Doesn’t really count. Backes’ contract is a one-way deal so he doesn’t have an assigned AHL contract, just whatever he’s making IV the NHL. People have suggested he’ll make more in the AHL due to lack of escrow, yet I don’t think that’s the case. He isn’t making an AHL salary on a two-way deal. He’s still making the same salary from the NHL club— coming from the same place.

I’m not sure about the escrow thing or not, so don’t quote me on that.

No escrow.

So his net salary would be higher in the AHL then the NHL

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He looked really good in the WJC in the limited time he got

He could be a good one. Probably not a first liner unless he continues to grow but one of those hard-working big guys with some skill that we are desperately lacking. The type of guy you need to win.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
The Big Ten hockey announcers seem to love Beecher. Say he plays like a Bruin (it isn't clear what they mean by that, but it seems to be high praise).

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Curtis Hall with a goal and an assist so far. Yale and Harvard tied 4-4 in OT

feel like every time I turn around this kid is doing nothing but impressive things. Might be a helluva 4th round gem, won`t get ahead of myself but...

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
UCONN outshot Maine 41-25.... but guess who stopped all 41 shots for Maine in a 1-0 OT win?

Swayman is so good. Can't wait for him to get into the pro game and start getting reps in Providence.

Stats aren't the be-all and end-all, especially in college, but Swayman's faced 150 more shots than any other goalie in Hockey East, and he leads the league in Save % and is 5th in GAA. Going to be interesting if he goes one more year in Maine, or if he signs.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
He’s up to 21G in 40GP with Atlanta. 39PTS. He’s far too talented for the ECHL and he plays an NHL-style game. Would love to see him in the AHL playing against better talent.

That’s good to hear. Thanks for the info, I’ll try and follow him more closely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad