Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
maybe this:
Howlin’ hell will the Bruins sign Wolff?

giphy.webp

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Some more personal opion:
While some players have been big point producers other's haven't. This could be due to lack of or no power play time etc.

Jack Studnicka is the leading scorer and plays on the power play, but he's also a premier penalty killer and leads the AHL in shorthanded goals. He's a great skater and with high hockey IQ. An exceptional talent I'm sure the Bruins will hide from any trade.

Trent Frederic also has shown real good improvement in his skating and puck handling mostly. He's plays with authority and will fight for himself and teammates. The balance isn't always easy as he is target for other tough players. Think he's doing it well though and keep developing his skill game as well. Frederic kills penalties and plays on the power play. AHL leader in penalty minutes.

Zach Senyshyn I expected to have better numbers and he should. For some reason goals haven't been there for him despite great chances every game almost. Still impressed with his two way play and his play in the games for Boston. Doesn't get much time on the power play but when getting the chance he's shown he can do it. Sadly he's a target by some fans abuse and I wonder how much they have seen him play. Some takes are ridiculous.

Jeremy Lauzon top defensive player and allround defenseman. Very consistent all year and got rewarded with a new two year contract as well as now being a regular for the Boston Bruins. Impressed with Lauzon who keeps improving his game and is a precense on ice. Will do anything to help his team and teammates. I don't think he has been on the ice for more than one even strenght goal in the NHL this year and that was the first. Hope he will continue get regular game time for Boston the rest of the season.

The biggest disappointment for me are injuries to Bruins prospects that keep them out for an extended period. This year especially goalie Kyle Keyser and speedy forward Jakub Lauko has been out and keep them from developing their pro game. Zach Senyshyn was injured just when he got called up and played very well for Boston. I really wish them all the best in continuing their career.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
The 2020:draft has a couple of intriguing Czechs...Pavel Novak RW KELOWNA Rockets still only 17 and pretty much carries the team. Ranked at about 75. Another is goalie prospect Nick Malik also from Czech ranked about 80. Hockey is huge in Czech. Love to see Pavel Novak with our late 2nd round pick and Nick with the third.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Some more personal opion:
While some players have been big point producers other's haven't. This could be due to lack of or no power play time etc.

Jack Studnicka is the leading scorer and plays on the power play, but he's also a premier penalty killer and leads the AHL in shorthanded goals. He's a great skater and with high hockey IQ. An exceptional talent I'm sure the Bruins will hide from any trade.

Trent Frederic also has shown real good improvement in his skating and puck handling mostly. He's plays with authority and will fight for himself and teammates. The balance isn't always easy as he is target for other tough players. Think he's doing it well though and keep developing his skill game as well. Frederic kills penalties and plays on the power play. AHL leader in penalty minutes.

Zach Senyshyn I expected to have better numbers and he should. For some reason goals haven't been there for him despite great chances every game almost. Still impressed with his two way play and his play in the games for Boston. Doesn't get much time on the power play but when getting the chance he's shown he can do it. Sadly he's a target by some fans abuse and I wonder how much they have seen him play. Some takes are ridiculous.

Jeremy Lauzon top defensive player and allround defenseman. Very consistent all year and got rewarded with a new two year contract as well as now being a regular for the Boston Bruins. Impressed with Lauzon who keeps improving his game and is a precense on ice. Will do anything to help his team and teammates. I don't think he has been on the ice for more than one even strenght goal in the NHL this year and that was the first. Hope he will continue get regular game time for Boston the rest of the season.

The biggest disappointment for me are injuries to Bruins prospects that keep them out for an extended period. This year especially goalie Kyle Keyser and speedy forward Jakub Lauko has been out and keep them from developing their pro game. Zach Senyshyn was injured just when he got called up and played very well for Boston. I really wish them all the best in continuing their career.
No arguments on your assessment. I’ll will say, IMHO, Senyshyn has been miss handled this year. This kid should be getting top minutes in an attempt to see if he’s going to make it. Him seeing 4th line duty is a mistake. You have three drafted kids from the 2015 draft. I would’ve tried to push the two in Providence with tons of minutes. Put Senyshyn on the top line. Don’t tell me he’s not a first line guy. He’s learned enough of a two way game already. Mishandled?

Reactions: Bergyesque and Lo97

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Pavel Novak, LW/RW
His lack of size is concerning, which drops him down the board. Yet he probably has top 60 level of skill, profiling as someone that never stops moving their feet and has some good hands and vision, the Bruins back to the WHL and grab another future piece.
Comparison: Tomas Tatar. He's an effective scoring winger that works hard, owns nice hands and owns plenty of offensive skill.

Averaging a point per game in WHL as a 17yr old and could be mentored under Pasta, Kase and Krecji. Could be a late 2nd round pick or early third. Biggest thing here is he’s only 17 and producing big time points.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pavel Novak, LW/RW
His lack of size is concerning, which drops him down the board. Yet he probably has top 60 level of skill, profiling as someone that never stops moving their feet and has some good hands and vision, the Bruins back to the WHL and grab another future piece.
Comparison: Tomas Tatar. He's an effective scoring winger that works hard, owns nice hands and owns plenty of offensive skill.

Averaging a point per game in WHL as a 17yr old and could be mentored under Pasta, Kase and Krecji. Could be a late 2nd round pick or early third. Biggest thing here is he’s only 17 and producing big time points.

Just watched him play our Vic Royals last night, scored the game winner, he`s a shooter, very noticeable out there. Can`t assess too deeply as it was his first game I got to see him play, think he was suspended earlier in the year when the Rockets were here and I missed their last trip here due to work

He does need to get a bit stronger though, knocked off the puck with relative ease but ya have to catch him first, quick foot speed

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Just watched him play our Vic Royals last night, scored the game winner, he`s a shooter, very noticeable out there. Can`t assess too deeply as it was his first game I got to see him play, think he was suspended earlier in the year when the Rockets were here and I missed their last trip here due to work

He does need to get a bit stronger though, knocked off the puck with relative ease but ya have to catch him first, quick foot speed

Rockets are playing Victoria again tonight. Let us know how he does.

Reactions: HOLDEN44FAN

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Rockets are playing Victoria again tonight. Let us know how he does.

wish I could friend, I would have rather taken tonight off work but nobody could cover for me so I was forced to take the first game of the back to back off

The great thing about living in Victoria is that due to having to travel on the ferry to get here, we often see the Royals play opponents in back to back games before they head back to the mainland and it makes for some real heated games. The Rockets/Royals games are often fight filled, none last night but I`ll wager if I look at the box score tomorrow, much different story

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I'd love to the Bruins draft him- a small, skilled, "soft" guy- just for the entertainment factor it would provide on this forum

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd love to the Bruins draft him- a small, skilled, "soft" guy- just for the entertainment factor it would provide on this forum

I never said he was soft, in fact, he`s quite the opposite, he doesn`t hesitate one bit going into the corner to retrieve a puck or engage, he`s just not that strong right now but he`s far from soft, just needs to add strength like many his age

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I never said he was soft, in fact, he`s quite the opposite, he doesn`t hesitate one bit going into the corner to retrieve a puck or engage, he`s just not that strong right now but he`s far from soft, just needs to add strength like many his age

That is why I put it in quotes- you know the drill around here.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
He’s just 17

Calling him soft when playing against 20yr olds is unfair.

They also called Pasta soft when he was 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad